PDA

View Full Version : SG1 Season 10 + SGA Season 3

nchardon
August 9th, 2005, 12:33 AM
Prolly been asked a thousand times, but here it is once more. Any reliable information on whether there is going to be a season 10 for SG1 or a season 3 for Atlantis? What's peoples thoughts on this?

Caro
August 9th, 2005, 12:42 AM
Too early to say ;)

oragans
August 9th, 2005, 12:49 AM
You will know most probably after the season is done or just befor thst.

Lord Zedd
August 9th, 2005, 01:05 AM
so wait and see. My guess is that if we fans watch it enough the ratings are high then a new season is underway. I think Stargate Atlantis will have a new season. As for SG.1 I really have my doubt about it ! :S Season 9 so far hasn't been that great but that is just my opinion. I just miss the original SG.1 :(

AGateFan
August 9th, 2005, 01:05 AM
You will know most probably after the season is done or just befor thst.

Yeah even if Sci-Fi channel came out and said they have renewed them for next year, I wouldnt believe it anyway until we got to the end of the season and saw the ratings.

nchardon
August 9th, 2005, 02:11 AM
Carter is coming back this season isnt she? I like Vala but it just isnt the same without Carter! And RDA should change his mind about retiring and come back for a season 10!

AGateFan
August 9th, 2005, 02:14 AM
Carter is coming back this season isnt she? I like Vala but it just isnt the same without Carter! And RDA should change his mind about retiring and come back for a season 10!

Yes, one more Carterless ep before she officially returns. Sadly I doubt RDA will ever come back since he has wanted to leave for a while, hope Im wrong, but I dont think so.

Greg
August 9th, 2005, 02:14 AM
so wait and see. My guess is that if we fans watch it enough the ratings are high then a new season is underway. I think Stargate Atlantis will have a new season. As for SG.1 I really have my doubt about it ! :S Season 9 so far hasn't been that great but that is just my opinion. I just miss the original SG.1 :(

Yet SG1 still holds the highest ratings out of all of SCI-FI's shows. Tapping is back soon anyway, so we wont have to worry about Vala.

SaberBlade
August 9th, 2005, 02:16 AM
carter is returning. if i am right, the US just had episode 4 of the current season so Carter should be back in 2 weeks (episode 6).

yes we would all like RDA to come back, but he's got a family who he wants to spend time with so him coming pack full time, no chance.

Hatcheter
August 9th, 2005, 02:32 AM
Yeah even if Sci-Fi channel came out and said they have renewed them for next year, I wouldnt believe it anyway until we got to the end of the season and saw the ratings.

You'd kinda have to believe that, as a Sci-Fi network announcement means they were putting down the millions of dollars needed to create another season of the show.

We get the season 8/season 2 announcement in November of last year, so we ought to know in another three months if both shows will get renewed again. I really don't see Sci-Fi dropping Atlantis, and certainly hope that they renew SG-1 as well. TPTB have said that they're planning cliff-hanger season finales for both shows, so it would really suck if SciFi ended them. (Especially for Ben Browder, who already ended one TV series that way).

Carter will be back in the sixth episode of the season, and will be here to stay. I don't anticipate RDA doing any more stuff in the future than Don Davis did last year.

Qasim
August 9th, 2005, 02:38 AM
I have heard that both series will have cliffhangers so I think more seasons is likely

Heru'urs_first_prime
August 9th, 2005, 03:05 AM
Re: SG1 Season 10 + SGA Season 3: it all depends on the ratings

GateMan2000
August 9th, 2005, 04:53 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. There is going to be a Season 10 of SG1 and a season 3 of SGA. Everyone said that Battle Star would the top show, and it hasn't did as well as SG1 for the past few weeks. I would think SG1 is going to stay around and that they will get rid of BSG.

MediaSavant
August 9th, 2005, 04:59 AM
Re: SG1 Season 10 + SGA Season 3: it all depends on the ratings

In the case of SG-1, the willingness of MGM to continue also matters quite a bit. Quite a few long-running shows--Seinfeld, Friends, Cheers, Star Trek TNG--left the air when they were still getting high ratings because the production company decided it was time to stop.

Sometimes it was because the "creatives" behind it just wanted to "go out on top". Other times, it was because built in cost increases decreased the programs profitability to its makers.

We'll have to see.

keshou
August 9th, 2005, 05:33 AM
In the case of SG-1, the willingness of MGM to continue also matters quite a bit. Quite a few long-running shows--Seinfeld, Friends, Cheers, Star Trek TNG--left the air when they were still getting high ratings because the production company decided it was time to stop.

Sometimes it was because the "creatives" behind it just wanted to "go out on top". Other times, it was because built in cost increases decreased the programs profitability to its makers.

We'll have to see.
I have read offhand comments that lead me to believe Sony is really stepping up to the plate to back Stargate. I think CJ made a comment in a recent interview (or at a convention) to the effect of "all of a sudden there's more money".

Joe Mallozzi has also mentioned in his Q&A thread that the DVD sales are still very healthy and I know one of the primary reasons Sony bought MGM was for its backlog of movies and series sold on DVD.

But you're right - we'll have to see. Sony is probably continuing to evaluate all the assets it acquired from MGM and there could well be changes down the road. But the way they've retooled SG-1 seems to indicate they hope it will go for a couple more seasons at least.

Qasim
August 9th, 2005, 05:44 AM
Sony are a big business with some of the best marketing minds in the world - they know that the possibilities from SG are endless so they are giving it a lot of backing.

ChillinTheMost
August 9th, 2005, 06:19 AM

You'd kinda have to believe that, as a Sci-Fi network announcement means they were putting down the millions of dollars needed to create another season of the show.
The original statement might be a backlash to the fact that the SciFi network announced seasons 5 and 6 of FarScape to the fans and the people making FS, just to let them know while they were finishing the filming of the LAST episode of season 4 that they changed their minds and cancelled it. There is definitely a "Don't trust the SciFi Channel" feel out there.

creed462
August 9th, 2005, 07:21 AM
There Is great potential still, and it the one of three show they have that get 2.0 they would be stupid to cancel at this point. Never know though they have droped so many good shows
Invisible man... FARSCAPE... the Cronicle... Sliders....

AGateFan
August 9th, 2005, 12:26 PM
The original statement might be a backlash to the fact that the SciFi network announced seasons 5 and 6 of FarScape to the fans and the people making FS, just to let them know while they were finishing the filming of the LAST episode of season 4 that they changed their minds and cancelled it. There is definitely a "Don't trust the SciFi Channel" feel out there.

Exactly, if they said right now that the show was renewed for season 10, I would not beleive it because the ratings could tank for the rest of the Season and they could change their minds. (I am pretty sure there would be an out clause on the contract as long as no eps were shot)

However, if the ratings increase or hold steady for most of the season and then they said it was renewed, then I would beleive them and be very, very happy. (assuming the show itself doesnt tank... yes I liked [or did not hate] season 7\8)

the fifth man
August 9th, 2005, 08:29 PM
I whole-heartedly believe their will be a season 10 of sg-1 and season 3 of sga. Both are quality entertainment, and have a lot of fans backing them up. As long as tptb can tell good stories, people will watch. Can't wait for next season.

lionel_pendergast_rocks
August 10th, 2005, 01:47 AM
I dont see why there isnt going to be a season 3 of atlantis, if it keeps going as good as it is. i hope it runs at least 7 seasons, but thats just me. as for a season 10, i also dont see how its out of reach. and bsg, its a great show, but i think they're really gonna have to stretch to pull a few more seasons. sooner or later, the trying to get to earth routine is gonna get old.

MediaSavant
August 10th, 2005, 02:18 AM
Never know though they have droped so many good shows

Of that list, the highest rated was Farscape and it was averaging a 1.2 rating in its final season. All the others had slipped below 1.0.

They've never canceled a show with higher average ratings than a 1.2, but, then they've never had three shows at the same time scoring in the high ones and low twos the way the shows now are.

Cycrow
August 10th, 2005, 04:05 AM
There Is great potential still, and it the one of three show they have that get 2.0 they would be stupid to cancel at this point. Never know though they have droped so many good shows

Sliders was canceld for a good reason, they made too many mistakes in the final seasons, although the concept was still good, they messed up so had no choice about canceling it

Darkstar
August 10th, 2005, 05:06 AM
i havent been a huge sliders fan and didt really get into it, but the idea bahind it seemed sound like the other posts said the last season must have got to hairy for them to stop the show when it had good ratings.
SGA seems to be getting better as the episodes roll by granted there has been a few in between that didt really push the boundies and didt really excite me too much but i cant see them ending the show at the end of season 2 not in a thousands years, as for SG1 season 9 it hasent impressed me like many of the episodes of season 8 i would have to say the show is loosing its apeal to me unless the other episodes are good and i have had a look at the synopsis of them and most of them look good op paper like the fourth horseman and the following 3 episodes after that so i will keep an open mind and try to give it a chance as it was this show that made me a fan in the 1st place.

the fifth man
August 10th, 2005, 05:23 AM
Hopefully the big-wigs at sci-fi know they'd have a riot on their hands if they dared take away our stargate shows. Wise up sci-fi, stick with something good. :)

creed462
August 10th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Sliders was good till the last season when they dropped Jerry O'Connel. Till then is was great... If they had brought him back the show could of lived.... Sg1 on the other hand is still great I want to see it go on.

the fifth man
August 10th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Agree with you there.

Qasim
August 10th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Hopefully the big-wigs at sci-fi know they'd have a riot on their hands if they dared take away our stargate shows. Wise up sci-fi, stick with something good. :)They know :)

AGateFan
August 10th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Hopefully the big-wigs at sci-fi know they'd have a riot on their hands if they dared take away our stargate shows. Wise up sci-fi, stick with something good. :)

I dont know if they should be that worried. I mean, I always thought Stargate fans *cough* although more numerous *cough* were more polite then Farscape fans and sci-fi survived that riot :eek: :eek: doh, just kidding :D .... I loooovvveeee farscape and its fans

.... seriously its my 3rd favorite sci-fi show ever. Back OT: Heck yes Season 10\3 what else would we do on Friday night.

EDIT: Maybe 4th favorite I keep counting SG-1 and SG-A as the same show for some reason.

creed462
August 11th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Farscape fans did get the show finish and sci-fi aried it And stargate has many of the same fans and more. So it would be hard to cancel it without finishing the new story line

nchardon
August 16th, 2005, 09:39 PM
The last five episodes of SG1 have just felt a bit flat to me! I think its the whole no real team spirit! Once Carter gets back I think it will start to feel a little bit more like SG1 and then I will look forward to a season 10 of SG1

:)

creed462
August 17th, 2005, 07:28 AM
The team was broken up and just got put to gather it will take alittle time to get back to where it was.

zer0_1
August 17th, 2005, 07:38 AM
i think there will be season 10 of SG1, the tptb said they were going to end S9 with a cliffhanger, so there must be something after that
and seas 3 of SGA, well if they make a S10 of SG1, bound to be a S3 of SGA

Cycrow
August 17th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Sliders was good till the last season when they dropped Jerry O'Connel. Till then is was great... If they had brought him back the show could of lived.... Sg1 on the other hand is still great I want to see it go on.
yeah i agree, the first 3 seasons especially were great
then they had a falling out with Jerry O'Connel, and it went down hill from there, they believed they could do better without him, they were wrong

luckly, stargate doesn't have that problem, its still a good and still getting good ratings
and theres no reason y it cant carry on for awhile longer yet
would seem pretty stupid for sci-fi to cancel one of there highest rated shows

orii7
August 18th, 2005, 08:38 AM
:D :D :D I would defenitley LOVE a season 10 & season 3! :D :D :D

Lida
August 18th, 2005, 08:44 AM

And you truly believe they care, about fans? They care about one thing, as demonstrated by the newly cut intro's to both shows....the bottom line.....MONEY. When and if they can't make enough money from sponsers, they will cancel the series faster tha you can say SG-1 rocks. So keep watching, so the sponsers will have an audience to "sell" to.

Sad fact, but a very real one. They could care less about fans.......we don't pay their inflated salaries, do we?

Sorry for sounding so negative, I'm not having a very good day....maybe I better take my leave.

orii7
August 18th, 2005, 02:59 PM
in the third season of atlantis they should have an episode showing who the "hot zone" virus creaters r & in SG-1 season 10 they should have an episode showing the return of the "foothold" aliens.

Hallowed are the orii especially orii7 :D

GateTraveler
August 18th, 2005, 03:45 PM
I believe renewal for both shows is already a lock. SciFi would not cancel their highest rated shows without something that at least has the potential for higher ratings to replace them. SciFi doesn't have any proven replacements and they would be taking an awful chance replacing either one with something new and unproven. What if the new shows tanked? What would they do then?? Nah. SciFi isn't canceling their meal tickets.

OK, what about MGM/Sony?? What people don't seem to realize is that SG1 is just as big if not bigger in countries other than the U.S. That along with the DVD sales in all those countries is probably making MGM/Sony a pretty sizable chunk of change.

I would be extremely surprised if any of the big three are canceled - especially with the ratings as solid as they have been this year. Remember, the decision will be made based on the first 10 episodes. We are already halfway there. Even if ratings slip a bit from here there simply will not be enough data to suggest the dip would continue.

If ratings go south from here, we should be worried about S11/S4 - not S10/S3. Once again, I feel another year is already assured. I just hope they announce it soon so there isn't a plethora of "Should there be another season?" threads.

the fifth man
August 18th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Gotta agree with you. Personally, I can't wait to be watching these shows next season. And I don't see the ratings plummeting this season either. Most of the future episodes look even better than what we've already seen. I can't wait to see how things play out in the stargate universe.

startrekempress
August 29th, 2005, 10:37 AM
I don't think the shows are in danger for a while. Just look at the new casting choices if you want more evidence. I remember looking down the cast lists of Trek episodes and going 'who are these people?' But when I do the same for new Stargate episodes I'm like 'WOW!' More on that in another thread . . .

Frankly, I am more concerned about the series being cancelled for reasons outside SciFi's control. I am still haunted by a dream I had a few days ago where whatshisname dies so the SGC had no commander and they could never finish season 9. Of course there have been shows which have survived the death of a star ::cough::8simplerules::cough:: . . . but that was network TV which is another issue altogether.

~Sarah, who thinks it's unfair to compare Gateheads and Trekkies (yes that's what I *like* to be called)

PG15
August 29th, 2005, 02:34 PM
I don't think we need to worry, barring a ratings crash later on, which, again, I don't think we need to worry.

the fifth man
August 29th, 2005, 07:19 PM
Personally, I can't wait for next season. And hopefully, the season after that too. I love these shows, and BSG too. Friday night is the best tv entertainment I get all week. I like the directions all three shows seem to be headed in.