This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor
    I don't think that's the case either. When Landry first met Cameron in Avalon I, it sure sounded like it was for the very first time... not like he'd even heard of this kid before his posting. If there had been any kind of past between Cam and Lam, I'm sure we woulda seen more of a reaction in that first scene between Landry and Cam. If you don't read spoilers at all, you probably won't understnd why.
    It was certainly their very first meeting... Landry said, "You must be Col. Mitchell?" and the reply was, "Yes Sir. It's good to be here Sir."
    If Landry had any prior knowledge of Cameron, I'm sure he would have reacted, especially as Lam is the base Doctor. After all, Cameron Mitchell is hardly a common name and it'd stick in your mind because of that actor (As they're referencing other movies/shows, I'm sure they'd acknowledge there was a Cameron Mitchell, actor). So, if there is a past between Cam & Lam, and Landry knows of it, he's hiding it well.

His manner was a puzzle though... could it just have been one of amusement as they were talking about Daniel & Vala being tied by a more permanent bond... knowing how much Daniel would love that? Although their situation is rather more serious.
    Why keep eyeing Mitchell whilst talking to Lam? Could he see the scenario of the TWO technologies being brought together somehow combining and creating a permanent bond as an analogy for Cam & Lam, if he does know something about a past history? It does seem to be at this sentence in the conversation that the covert glances at Mitchell keep occuring.
    Last edited by Kas; 12 August 2005, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
      So, if there is a past between Cam & Lam, Landry can't have heard of it. If he has, he's hiding it well.
      Didn't you hear that spoiler Kas, Landry has a theatre background.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongo's Girl
        Didn't you hear that spoiler Kas, Landry has a theatre background.
        Well, there we go... that explains everything!

Comment

Lots of good Cam/Vala interaction...finally.

He still didn't have enough to do, but I can't complain cause I loved the episode.

Comment

Well, from the couple of pics I've seen, we know that CM likes red Jelly! LOL!Strawberry?

Haven't been able to see the eppy yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing how those characters react

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
              Well, from the couple of pics I've seen, we know that CM likes red Jelly! LOL!Strawberry?

Haven't been able to see the eppy yet, but I'm looking forward to seeing how those characters react
              Well, it's important to know that he likes Jello! Now we KNOW he'll fit in, right?

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor
              I don't think that's the case either. When Landry first met Cameron in Avalon I, it sure sounded like it was for the very first time... not like he'd even heard of this kid before his posting.
              Yeah, I'd have to agree. With Landry & Lam, I picked up right away that there was something in the way of a history between them. Not so with Mitchell & Landry. Whereas Lam was more caught off guard by who was there (Landry), Mitchell was more surprised by who wasn't there (Sam, Daniel, Teal'c). Jack was obviously holding out on everyone... *sigh* that Jack...

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
              still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Alaskhah
                Well, it's important to know that he likes Jello! Now we KNOW he'll fit in, right?
                Yes, we like seeing Cameron like Jello! Only prob is it's red jello...red jello bad here unless you are someone who likes red jello!
                sigpic

Comment

Mitchell got more screen time than I thought he would this ep. Not as much as I would like, but they're hardly going to let him play every role just because it would please me, are they?

Loved the look on his face after Vala gently grabbed his nose. Nothing really, but nice...

More later...

Comment

I loved it when he and Teal'c were playing cards - they looked like a pair of bored four year olds while Daniel and Vala are having a heart to heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
                      Yes, we like seeing Cameron like Jello! Only prob is it's red jello...red jello bad here unless you are someone who likes red jello!
                      He's new... maybe he doesn't know that it's bad... Sam will have to tell him when she gets back.

Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything, but you
                      still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongo's Girl
                        Lots of good Cam/Vala interaction...finally.
                        That's what I'm talkin' about !! Just two good actors in a good scene. Thanks, TPTB. I'm an happy girl!

Overall a very good episode. The best of this season so far. Not enough Mitchell but I didn't expected to see much of him so I'm not disappointed.
                        I loved Mitchell and Teal'c playing cards (so cute!), the opening sequence (just perfect), Mitchell sick (the guy know how to be sick and still sexy!) and I love, no, I adore the black tee. (Last week the leather and yesterday, the black tee, well done! )
                        "We will do as I say" Bra'tac

Comment

Eventually got to see this episode...

Excellent timing and performances by all concerned...loved it.

The scenes that Mitchell was in were still pretty telling to me. You could tell that he was sick as soon as he spoke to Lam when she arrived on the planet. He had all the sweaty fever and palor... He knew it - it was in his body language and effort of speaking, but he didn't complain and carried on with his duty, leading her to where she could set up and help the others. And this was just after witnessing the 'death' and giving his report to Landry at SGC, where he was more than aware of the progression of the illness and that the outcome was not good. It looks like Mitchell literally carried on until he dropped and that indicates great leadership qualities.

I really liked the carrying on slowly building his rapport with Teal'c and Daniel... loved the card playing. Loved how Daniel realised that Mitch was doing the best he could with staving off the execution, buying time and negotiating the right to put Vala's case. And still Mitchell watches and learns all he can from Daniel... you can see the way he's paying attention to all his explanations etc.

Really liked the opening tag... Mitchell really seems to understand Vala and has her number... they have a friendly rapport going as well. Perhaps there is some understanding between them as they are really in similar positions... having to build trust and acceptance. Of course, the chemistry between those two actors is as strong as ever!

Off to have a rewatch...
                          Last edited by Kas; 13 August 2005, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Well, I've been reading some comments in the episode thread now that I've seen it and I must say that I'm amazed that many people are commenting on the fact that Mitchell was sick and that it was out of the blue with no indication... I can't understand this for, as I posted above, I knew he was effected from the moment he greeted Lam on her arrival. He was a sick man! Obviously, I knew he wasn't going to die, but then that isn't the Ori's aim - they want conversions, not deaths.

But I found his sickness another nice insight into the Mitchell character with his determination to continue and not let on. The big question is... how have Daniel, Teal'c and Vala's systems been altered to cause them to have immunity? Remnants of protection from the symbiotes? Exposure to similar virus? Ascension (in Daniel's case)? Every other human type was effected, except those who'd had some dealings with the Gou'ald.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                              Well, I've been reading some comments in the episode thread now that I've seen it and I must say that I'm amazed that many people are commenting on the fact that Mitchell was sick and that it was out of the blue with no indication... I can't understand this for, as I posted above, I knew he was effected from the moment he greeted Lam on her arrival. He was a sick man! Obviously, I knew he wasn't going to die, but then that isn't the Ori's aim - they want conversions, not deaths.
                              I think it's one of the consequences of the very slow and careful introduction of Mitchell by the writers. The viewers don't pay completely attention to him because of his lack of characterisation so far. They focus on Daniel and Vala. Period. On the contrary, the Browder's fans focus on Mitchell and they notice his body language, his facial expression,...

Originally posted by Kas
                              But I found his sickness another nice insight into the Mitchell character with his determination to continue and not let on. The big question is... how have Daniel, Teal'c and Vala's systems been altered to cause them to have immunity? Remnants of protection from the symbiotes? Exposure to similar virus? Ascension (in Daniel's case)? Every other human type was effected, except those who'd had some dealings with the Gou'ald.
                              Perhaps, the Priors have the ability to choose who is going to fall ill and they chose Mitchell for some reason. I don't think it's the right explanation but who knows?
                              "We will do as I say" Bra'tac

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                                I agree with Hurley in that, being Ben Browder fans, we're more attuned to his performance than the average Joe (so to speak) and that's probably why we noticed him becoming ill. I actually started to believe that he was showing symptoms during his call to the SGC. It was just more obvious when Lam finally arrived.

And I've been thinking about Daniel's immunity, as well as Vala and Teal'c's, and I think they weren't affected because of an earlier exposure and CURE. If it is the same viurs that was decimating the Ancients on Earth, then Daniel and Teal'c were already exposed to it... and cured by an Ancient. Of course, Teal'c's symbiote helped A LOT back then, but I think it was the "being cured by an Ancient" that kept them from falling victim again. And Vala's past with a symbiote probably helped her stay heathy, too. Cameron's the new guy and hasn't had any exposure to the Goauld or this virus before. Boy I've never been happier to see those SG-1, eppy-ending "miracles"!

Comment

Working...
                                X