This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kas
    I really like that about Cameron too Greytop. He has a lot to learn about other races and cultures but he knows it and is prepared to listen to advice and let others expertise take over when necessary. I love the fact that he doesn't flinch when he has to make a tough decision.

I really liked the scene where Mitchell reforms his team. I didn't know what to expect but this really worked... no gushing and no words necessary. I loved how he feels that he has got to know Daniel and his views that he felt he could 'enlist' him first. He didn't need to ask him because I think they've built some rapport that he knows Daniel will not turn away from this threat. I think that he knows that Sam would not be able to resist too, although there was some relief there, I'm certain - Just by the way Cameron put his hand back on her shoulder to acknowledge her acceptance of being on a team of his making. I assume he left Teal'c until last as he was still not certain whether the Jaffa would accept him... loved the long pause and then the slight smile and nod. Wasn't Mitchell a very happy bunny?
    Yep! He was so cute in that scene! Very happy Mitchell

Comment

Does anyone think that Cam always had those patches in his pockets? It would make sense that he happen to have them at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
        Does anyone think that Cam always had those patches in his pockets? It would make sense that he happen to have them at that time.
        Maybe he did, he really *REALLY* wanted the band back together so he wanted to be prepared.

Comment

I'm finally back from Vancouver (no, I didn't see Ben ) and just got caught up with the posts. Way to go in keeping our boy on page one!

Welcome aboard to the newbies! *waves* Hope to see you guys at one of the cons! Ben's gonna be at Burbank this November!

Loved the character interactions in this week's ep! And it never occured to me that the patches would just rip off like that (though is should have, I suppose ) but I love that Mitchell had the SG-1 patches in his pocket all ready for his team.

And we've established the fact that Mitchell's a wonderful student, always learning from others, so taking that "hint" from Teal'c was a no brainer. Want more Mitchell/Daniel banter!!!

Jeez, it's gonna be sooooo hard to catch up on the BB thunk thread... but I'll do it!

Comment

Welcome back Neelan!

(I'm having trouble posting with the quote feature, so I'm not using it)

Neelan wrote:And we've established the fact that Mitchell's a wonderful student, always learning from others, so taking that "hint" from Teal'c was a no brainer. Want more Mitchell/Daniel banter!!!

I'm so wanting to get to know more about Mitchell pronto. Definitely want more play between those guys. And also Colonel Pendergast.

Did you notice that the full-bird Colonel called Mitchell 'Cam' this episode? It looks like they built quite a rapport during the time 'Shaft' was on Prometheus. Judging by Mitchell saying that 'My friends call me Cameron' and Pendergast using the shortened form, they must be FIRM friends. I'd like to see that explored as they appear to be using Prometheus a fair bit this season and I want to see Mitchell's flying abilities brought into play.

Comment

(Sometimes, the quote feature gets twitchy around here, so I usually do the manual quote thing....)

Originally posted by Kas
              Did you notice that the full-bird Colonel called Mitchell 'Cam' this episode? It looks like they built quite a rapport during the time 'Shaft' was on Prometheus. Judging by Mitchell saying that 'My friends call me Cameron' and Pendergast using the shortened form, they must be FIRM friends. I'd like to see that explored as they appear to be using Prometheus a fair bit this season and I want to see Mitchell's flying abilities brought into play.
              I did. So to Pendergast, he's either Cam or Shaft, eh? LOVE IT! I think it's an indication of how personable Cameron really is. To get to know the commander of Prometheus so readily. And Pendergast was smiling when he saw Cam, too. Hmmm, wonder if that means that Cam has a public "persona" he assumes, or if he really is that likable! (I opt for the latter, of course!)

Comment

Why do I keep forgetting about this thread! I'm truly pathetic.

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor
                I did. So to Pendergast, he's either Cam or Shaft, eh? LOVE IT! I think it's an indication of how personable Cameron really is. To get to know the commander of Prometheus so readily. And Pendergast was smiling when he saw Cam, too. Hmmm, wonder if that means that Cam has a public "persona" he assumes, or if he really is that likable! (I opt for the latter, of course!)
                They probably know each other quite well. The flying world within the SGC is pretty small, so they've likely been to a lot of briefings and training type stuff together for a long while now.

But you're right, he is very likable.

Comment

Originally posted by Neelan: (Sometimes, the quote feature gets twitchy around here, so I usually do the manual quote thing....)

So it isn't just my computer playing up and freezing? That's a relief!

Originally posted by Neelan:
                  And Pendergast was smiling when he saw Cam, too. Hmmm, wonder if that means that Cam has a public "persona" he assumes, or if he really is that likable! (I opt for the latter, of course!)
                  He was - a lot. And I'm with you on the latter . He comes across as a real genuine person. I really like seeing someone else Mitchell relates naturally and well to on equal friendly terms. This counteracts the fact that he's not yet on that absolute footing with SG-1 yet... I'm certain that they are on the way but with Mitchell's interaction with Pendergast we see the equal respect and familiarity of close friends as well as military colleagues. Hopefully this is how it will be with all of SG-1 eventually.

Originally posted by Mongo's Girl:
                  They probably know each other quite well. The flying world within the SGC is pretty small, so they've likely been to a lot of briefings and training type stuff together for a long while now.
                  Very true... same field, same turf.

Comment

I just love seeing all the warm-fuzzies regarding Cameron. I think Ben's still at odds with this job, because it's NOT Farscape (which was SO collaborative and fun for him) and he's still the new kid on the block... and everyone knows it! As cool as Chris is, and friendly as I'm sure Amanda and Michael are, this is still Ben's first experience as a show's "star" (or one of 'em) where he's not the "big fish", ya know? It's not "his show" in any sense, but I sure hope he's having fun by now.

*sigh* Waiting for new eps sucks! Especially when you know you have nearly TWO WEEKS!

Comment

I'm sure he is. Reading Alex Levine's blog on scifi website where Ben and his brother paid a visit to Atlantis set, it seems he's really having a ball. Also, the way he is just loving performing as many stunts as he can (can't wait to see those eps - esp 4th Horseman) which we just know is so Ben. I believe he's having a great time and has already said in interview that he'd love to continue this role as long as they want him and to develop the Mitchell character.

Originally posted by Neelan
                      *sigh* Waiting for new eps sucks! Especially when you know you have nearly TWO WEEKS!
                      Being in the UK... I can tell you my Family are so pleased! It takes me hours to be able to see the eppy so this they see as a welcome break. Naturally, I think the same as you do...it sure sucks!

Comment

I just posted this on the episode thread, but I think Sam admitting that she isn't exactly single is her admitting that she and Mitchell are doing the funky monkey on a regular basis. Anybody agree?

haha. Just kidding.

Loved the episode. Loved that Mitchell got the band back together and loved how it went down. I'm not sure why he assumed Daniel would say yes, he "asked" the other two. You'd think he'd know for sure that Sam would say yes, what with the implications of my first paragraph up there. [I know, I know, ... let it go, Chillin. haha] Anyway, I loved that scene.

I also loved that Mitchell "saved the day" or at least, part of it. Don't you think we should have heard the communication telling Sam and Daniel [& their team] to get out of the building so we wouldn't wonder if they were beamed up with the building?

I'm going to try to do my episode Mitchell-recaps while re-watching this episode instead of relying on transcripts because I miss so much in the facial reactions - and I have 2 weeks this time to get it together before the next episode. AAARRRGGHHH! Two weeks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                          Awww, that made me sad. When I first read it, I thought, "Yeah, cool!" But then I thought of every evening when he sadly took them out of his pocket and said to himself, "Maybe tomorrow..." Poor baby. I think he needs a hug. I'll be right over.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                            I just posted this on the episode thread, but I think Sam admitting that she isn't exactly single is her admitting that she and Mitchell are doing the funky monkey on a regular basis. Anybody agree?

haha. Just kidding.
                            LOL! That's wicked (and not in a good way )

Loved the episode. Loved that Mitchell got the band back together and loved how it went down. I'm not sure why he assumed Daniel would say yes, he "asked" the other two. You'd think he'd know for sure that Sam would say yes, what with the implications of my first paragraph up there. [I know, I know, ... let it go, Chillin. haha] Anyway, I loved that scene.
                            With Daniel, I feel he has already grown a close rapport - on missions, working together, saving his life, playing basketball and having Daniel as his 'wingman' etc. I believe he felt that Daniel was ready and that's why he just turned and slapped it on him first - a reaction that a guy would do when they feel comfortable enough together. Sam was only just back, is the same military grade and has been leading a department, I think he was fairly confident but not sure... slightly relieved at the same time. She would be accepting a place on his team, under his command. Teal'c is a warrior, has his own planetary issues on his Homeworld and is naturally reticent. I think that Mitchell was the least sure of him but hopeful all the same. Ben really played this scene beautifully and I loved all the character responses.

I'm going to try to do my episode Mitchell-recaps while re-watching this episode instead of relying on transcripts because I miss so much in the facial reactions - and I have 2 weeks this time to get it together before the next episode. AAARRRGGHHH! Two weeks!!!
                            That's a great idea. Ben is really subtle and I love watching those facial reactions... same with Michael. Sometimes the words do not tell the full story. Look forward to the synopsis as ever.

Awww, that made me sad. When I first read it, I thought, "Yeah, cool!" But then I thought of every evening when he sadly took them out of his pocket and said to himself, "Maybe tomorrow..." Poor baby. I think he needs a hug. I'll be right over.
                            Awww... I didn't look at it that way either, but now you've mentioned that I'm having the same reaction. I'm hot on your heels

Comment

Between cousins??? I'm scandalized!
                              (I'm late but happy birthday, Chillin!)

Usually, I don't like earth-based episode but this one is an exception to the rule, just because of the patch scene. This scene was perfect. Simple and effective. And Mitchell was absolutely adorable!
                              I also loved the Kiss line and his interaction with Teal'c (perhaps, we can start a thread Cam/Teal'c ship? )
                              I can't wait for Babylon!
                              "We will do as I say" Bra'tac

Comment

The scene where Mitchell finally gets his team, was one of the few things that made me happy about Ex Deus Machina.
                                He's so great!
                                Gaterelle

Comment

Working...
                                X