Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe it is someone entirely else. Most likely someone who works for, and doesn't know it, Baal.

Comment

From the Amanda Tapping interview in the new Dreamwatch #133.

"Because she was so close to General Hammond and Jack O'Neill, Beau and I are still trying to figure out what kind of relationship Carter and Landry have," explains Tapping. "It is interesting because General Hammond was basically like a godfather to her. He knew her Dad and watched Carter grow up so he's very much part of her family. Landry is a bit reserved and removed and she has more to prove to him. They have an amiable relationship, but I don't know the depths of it."

Her take on new leading man Ben Browder's role of Lt. [Col. - they missed the Col... ] Mitchell is very different.

"As for Mitchell, he's been around the whole time, basically part of the SGC since the inception, and saved us in Antartica. We have a very friendly relationship. The audience has just never seen him before."

So, Sam and Mitchell know each other through being Officers of the same rank at SGC... Probably through Military Meetings as part of the Airforce Units though as he had never really had the opportunity to meet and befriend Teal'c and Daniel. He was known to Carter and Jack O'Neill. SG1 is absolutely legendary at SGC, so it's no wonder he wanted to join this team.

Amanda also says:"There's this really cute scene where we all decide to put on all our SG-1 badges."
      That's this week guys!
      -------------
      Off Topic, but I'll post it for those interested as I'm typing quotes:

Does Tapping imagine the lovebirds (Sam & Jack) living happily ever after?

"I've thought about that and I don't have an answer for you. Ultimately, there has been too much notice on these two and it is too much of a qualifier for this character. It would be amazing if something happened and they went 'Oh, we're better off as friends." If they could get it on just once, have a great little time, and then go 'We got that out of our system. Now let's go fishing!" I just can't see Carter and O'Neill having a long term functioning relationship though."
      Amanda also says that the relationship to Pete was important because it opened up Sam Carter but now, the character's coming back "more focused with her work and more connected to herself."
      Last edited by Kas; 25 August 2005, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gbbarb
        So do you think this is a picture of Mitchell, Daniel or some one else?

I was hoping for some Mitchell whumping in these episodes
        LOL. I don't think it's either of our heroes, though. Look at his left upper arm and shoulder. Not enough muscle definition, I think.

And if you go here [which is where I think you got the pic] and look at the picture above it, it looks like it could be that guy further in the torture process. That would be my guess.

http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...owfolge&ID=181

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
          From the Amanda Tapping interview in the new Dreamwatch #133.

[/b]
          So, Sam and Mitchell know each other through being Officers of the same rank at SGC... Probably through Military Meetings as part of the Airforce Units though as he had never really had the opportunity to meet and befriend Teal'c and Daniel. He was known to Carter and Jack O'Neill. SG1 is absolutely legendary at SGC, so it's no wonder he wanted to join this team.

That's this week guys!
          -------------
          Off Topic, but I'll post it for those interested as I'm typing quotes:

Amanda also says that the relationship to Pete was important because it opened up Sam Carter but now, the character's coming back "more focused with her work and more connected to herself."
          Hmm, I never got the impression that Mitchell was at the SGC all the time, just that Sam and him were friends from something previous. He couldn't have been there because, as of AvalonI, he had never seen the Stargate before. But she said "basically a part of the SGC", not that he was stationed there, so, who knows what that means? Quite confusing. I hope it's addressed in the show. Amanda may have placed a little more emphasis on something she had been told.

They all put on their SG-1 badges this week??? I CAN'T WAIT!!! WooHoo!

Comment

Originally posted by Chillin
            Hmm, I never got the impression that Mitchell was at the SGC all the time, just that Sam and him were friends from something previous. He couldn't have been there because, as of AvalonI, he had never seen the Stargate before. But she said "basically a part of the SGC", not that he was stationed there, so, who knows what that means? Quite confusing. I hope it's addressed in the show.
            I hope it's addressed too, but it is possible that even though being part of SGC (perhaps just the fighter pilot side), that certain areas would be off-limits except to certain personnel. Just like on some military bases you have an inner clearance and outer clearance depending on unit and need to know etc?

Comment

I like Cameron, he seems like a good character.
              I don't think his intro was handled well because it was just so...bland.
              Yeah, he's everyone's friend and he saved SG1 etc.
              I hate that sort of cliche intro. It would've been better if it hadn't had any or less connections with SG1 because that would make it more natural, if you understand what I mean...
              But I think he has good chemistry with the others, he seems good natured and friendly. I like him.
              Gaterelle

Comment

Originally posted by Gaterelle
                I like Cameron, he seems like a good character.
                I don't think his intro was handled well because it was just so...bland.
                Yeah, he's everyone's friend and he saved SG1 etc.
                I hate that sort of cliche intro. It would've been better if it hadn't had any or less connections with SG1 because that would make it more natural, if you understand what I mean...
                But I think he has good chemistry with the others, he seems good natured and friendly. I like him.
                Yeah, I have mixed feelings about Mitchell's introduction into the show. On the one hand, I agree with you. "Hmmm, new character, let's kind of grandfather him in and pretend he's been there all along." Kind of a cheat.

But on the other hand, I'm just happy that he's there!

I can understand why they did it. They hoped the hesitant fans would accept him more easily if the SG-1 returnees welcomed him with open arms, but it also made some fans shake their heads at the cheat. I think it basically worked, though. I also like that they didn't make the SG-1 returnees, especially Teal'c, over-enthusiastic about having him there. I think that would have been unreal. And overkill.

I'm glad you like Cameron. I think he's going to be even more fun when he settles in!

Comment

Chronicling Mitchell:

906 – Beachhead

Tangibles:

Air Force call sign: Shaft, as in camshaft

Costume change: Informal basketball attire: Air Force T-shirt with sleeves torn off, cargo pants, boots

Intangibles:

Calls his pick-up basketball partner [Daniel] his wingman.

This whole conversation is fun and it shows that Mitchell may be succeeding in getting SG-1 back together, and also shows that they banter well together, feeding off the verbal leads of others:
                  Mitchell: How good is this? We’ve got the band back together.
                  Sam: Uh, sir, what’s with the extra backup singer?
                  Mitchell: Ah, she’s good fun. Plus, we figured if Jackson were to…
                  Teal’c: Die.
                  Mitchell: Yeah, that’s the word. It would jeopardize the mission.

The Mark 9 warhead seems to have been a secret project, but Mitchell seems to know quite a bit about it rather quickly, considering the speech that he gives the prior and that the “Mark 9’s fuse in mode 2 is a wee bit twitchy.”

Sam, and everyone else on the Prometheus, defers to Mitchell for the decision on whether to join the Jaffa in firing on the force field. He orders the attack, but as soon as Sam tells him to stop, he orders the cease fire without question. I think this shows trust and respect between the two, which will be needed if they are going to be working together having the same rank, even if one is clearly designated the leader.

Mitchell tries again to get Samantha to join SG-1 permanently.

Quotes:

Upon hearing of others’ perception of SG-1 because of their victories: “Wow. We look cool.”

“Oh, boy. And here I was trying to have a nuke-free career.”

“All right, let’s do this.” “Thanks. Let’s do this.”

“…Earth minutes…” complete with finger quotes
                  Good Mitchell/Daniel banter:
                  Mitchell: I just gave him 30 minutes. [pause] 29 minutes.
                  Daniel: ‘Earth’ minutes?
                  Mitchell: “Yeah, I’ve always wanted to say that.”
                  --and--
                  Mitchell: Detonating the largest warhead ever built by man is not exactly the historical footbump that I had in mind.
                  Daniel: Not to mention the guilt you’re gonna feel for vaporizing a perfectly good Stargate.
                  Mitchell: And that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                    LOL. I don't think it's either of our heroes, though. Look at his left upper arm and shoulder. Not enough muscle definition, I think.

And if you go here [which is where I think you got the pic] and look at the picture above it, it looks like it could be that guy further in the torture process. That would be my guess.

http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...owfolge&ID=181
                    I'm sure you are right, Ben has much better guns than that picture

I see I will get my Mitchell whumping in Bablyon ep, I guess I can wait.
                    LONG LOST TWIN SISTER OF PURPLE

Comment

Thanks Chillin for the overview. Can I just say that I loved this scene:

“…Earth minutes…” complete with finger quotes
                      Good Mitchell/Daniel banter:
                      Mitchell: I just gave him 30 minutes. [pause] 29 minutes.
                      Daniel: ‘Earth’ minutes?
                      Mitchell: “Yeah, I’ve always wanted to say that.”
                      Ben and Michael played that so well... And poor old Mitchell thought he had plenty of time due to rapidly learning that Daniel does tend to enthusiastically wax on!

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                        Speaking of cousins...

So, this is what I've been doing most of today. I think you all might enjoy it. Or, at least, it might kill a few minutes until quitting time while you read it.

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...rweekends.html

It's okay to link to that from here, right?
                        I love your fanfic, Chillin! VERY, VERY CUTE !
                        "We will do as I say" Bra'tac

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                          Thanks Chillin for the overview. Can I just say that I loved this scene:
                          [the 'earth minutes' scene]

Ben and Michael played that so well... And poor old Mitchell thought he had plenty of time due to rapidly learning that Daniel does tend to enthusiastically wax on!
                          I know! I really wanted to include that scene even though I think Daniel had the best line, and his delivery was great. But I do think it showed how they are getting along and unafraid of a little teasing banter between themselves. It also shows that Mitchell can take a little teasing unabashedly.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurley
                            I love your fanfic, Chillin! VERY, VERY CUTE !
                            Thank you, Hurley!

Comment

Found out this week that Cam know when to except advice.
                              Spoiler:
                              When he and Teal'c were with the Jaffa council. Cam started speaking and Teal'c told him that outsiders do not speak before the high council, he shutup and when he was with Teal'c the other times he didn't say a word while before the Jaffa High Council.

Comment

I really like that about Cameron too Greytop. He has a lot to learn about other races and cultures but he knows it and is prepared to listen to advice and let others expertise take over when necessary. I love the fact that he doesn't flinch when he has to make a tough decision.

I really liked the scene where Mitchell reforms his team. I didn't know what to expect but this really worked... no gushing and no words necessary. I loved how he feels that he has got to know Daniel and his views that he felt he could 'enlist' him first. He didn't need to ask him because I think they've built some rapport that he knows Daniel will not turn away from this threat. I think that he knows that Sam would not be able to resist too, although there was some relief there, I'm certain - Just by the way Cameron put his hand back on her shoulder to acknowledge her acceptance of being on a team of his making. I assume he left Teal'c until last as he was still not certain whether the Jaffa would accept him... loved the long pause and then the slight smile and nod. Wasn't Mitchell a very happy bunny?

Comment

Working...
                                X