This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RikTikTavi
    Greetings! I am new to Gateworld.net and this forum. I have been reading posts for about 15 minutes now. I am rally enjoying the actual talk about Mitchell's character and not just how hot he is (and make no mistake, he is hot). I can't wait to get a little more information on just what it is that makes this guy tick! I think Ben Browder is at his best when he is acting for highly emotional situations.

Well, that's all for now. Great forum!
    Welcome to the thread, Rik Tik Tavi. The forum does have a CM/BB Thunk Thread. Hope to see you there also.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum Boards RikTikTavi *waves* ... I hope that you come and join us in discussion of Ben and Mitchell often

I think Ben Browder is at his best when he is acting for highly emotional situations.
      He can certainly do the drama and angst very well and I'm hoping he'll get a real chance to do so very soon.

Seeing this character grow and emerge from nothing has been so very enjoyable.

Comment

Greetings! I am new to Gateworld.net and this forum. I have been reading posts for about 15 minutes now. I am really enjoying the actual talk about Mitchell's character and not just how hot he is (and make no mistake, he is hot). I can't wait to get a little more information on just what it is that makes this guy tick! I think Ben Browder is at his best when he is acting for highly emotional situations.

Well, that's all for now. Great forum!
        Welcome and I totally agree! You can't imagine how excited I was to find this thread. There is so much behind the man that I'd rather discuss him than just look at pictures. Not that I don't visit that thread often, but I prefer this one. It just doesn't move as fast. And I don't really have anything to offer in the picture thread other than sighing over the pretty pictures.

Anyway, jump right in and enjoy the conversation! If you have any particular Mitchell topic you want to discuss, we're open to it here. Whether it's something that happened on the show, something you want to happen, or, well, anything!

Comment

^
          ^
          ^
          I am really waiting for a teeny, tiny Mitchell face to click on.

Maybe if we took the glasses off of Daniel?

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
            ^
            ^
            ^
            I am really waiting for a teeny, tiny Mitchell face to click on.

Maybe if we took the glasses off of Daniel?
            No I agree, in the fan fiction section there isn't even a "Cameron Mitchell" character to click on in case you write a Cam story.

Comment

I think that many posters here still have to become really involved with Cameron character/Ben before joining in... the other characters have all had 8 years of backstory. Many fans of Ben and his work are still staying mainly on the Farscape Boards, where they are discussing his Stargate role & character. This is a pity because I would like to see him gain a real presence on the 'almost official' largest Stargate site. And besides it's fun to talk about this character and read everyone's opinions.

Take the glasses off mini-Daniel. LOL! Good one Chillin.
              We do need some icons and avatars of Shaft though!

Does anyone think we'll get to meet some more of Cam's family...or hear about them? He doesn't seem adverse to talking about details of his life (another thing that distinguishes him character-wise)... so any father? Brothers/sisters? Cousins from Uncle Marvin?

I like the way he has such an open personality.
              Last edited by Kas; 24 August 2005, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Speaking of cousins...

So, this is what I've been doing most of today. I think you all might enjoy it. Or, at least, it might kill a few minutes until quitting time while you read it.

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...rweekends.html

It's okay to link to that from here, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                  This is an excert of the Mazzolli & Gero interview in the Official Stargate Mag #6 - words by Darren Summer of this site. (Full article at Terra Firma Site: http://terrafirmascapers.com/index.php?topic=3074.0 )

I've just included the Words concerning Cameron Mitchell and just have to say that I find this whole thing quite alarming!

It seems to me that Mallozzi has been hanging out online a little too much. This is proof that they have been over cautious in their approach... No-one expects the story to be all about Cameron Mitchell but to virtually admit that they've been inclined to shove his character in the background is not good. I had hoped that while respecting fans that they wouldn't let a few dictate the storylines. I wonder how Mallozzi & Co are responding to reading that so many want to see Cameron Mitchell as a character...want him to have time and character development and expect him to have a fair amount of screentime as the new lead?

As to forgetting about having Ben there when breaking the 4th episode and how they don't need to write around the character tends to suggest that they really don't know what to do with the character or how to write him... what a waste of the talent they had available! I'm really hoping that they've got their act together now... Mitchell, with Ben as his player, has fantastic potential to be another military presence and hero, just write him as such - and stop walking on eggshells guys! The show was never just ONE man (good though RDA was) - get over it already. People do respond to well-written characters.

OK... rant over! This interview just annoyed me somewhat... I really want to see Cameron Mitchell expand and Ben really getting some meaty chances in a show he likes!
                  Yes. I didn't want it to turn into the Ben Browder show (as much as I like him), but I don't think we've seen enough of Mitchell yet. I want to like him, but he hasn't had much to do so far.

Comment

So do you think this is a picture of Mitchell, Daniel or some one else?

I was hoping for some Mitchell whumping in these episodes
                    LONG LOST TWIN SISTER OF PURPLE

Comment

First, thank you for the warm welcomes from Greytop, Kas, and Chillinthemost. :ractically bursts with the warm, fuzzy feeling:: I can already tell I'm gonna like it here!

Second, I do feel like they have not elaborated on Mitchell's character enough in this season. They have alluded several times to his having regained his mobility after crashing during the Antarctica showdown, but we have no information on how he did it... Was he defeatist at first but then overcame his negative attitude? Was there another person who really inspired him to keep going? Exactly how hurt was he? I mean the list is endless, I wish they would give us some more information.

Kas wrote:

"Does anyone think we'll get to meet some more of Cam's family...or hear about them?"

Oh, I hope so. I used to live in the south (Alabama and Louisiana), and if there's one good aspect to Dixieland its the extremely colorful individuals who inhabit the area. He's got to have at least one crazy uncle who used to swear that he once met a group of E.T.s (who looked suspiciously like the Asgaard, maybe Loki?) while he was out shooting opossums. And who was his biggest influence? Was his family military or not? What's his cover-story for working at the SGA? AAAAAAAAAAAAA... I could keep going...

Well, that's it for now. I gotta run.
                      RikTikTavi AKA The Chemist

Comment

Originally posted by gbbarb

I was hoping for some Mitchell whumping in these episodes
                        *laughs* That's too funny, I guess one really can't tell the two apart from behind.

And concerning the "Cameron family" question - I think the fact that TPTB have given us this many hits already - that means he'll probably tell more again.

Comment

Originally posted by GB Barb
                          That pic is definitely there to throw us... I think that it may be Baal. Don't quote me on that though!

Originally posted by Rik Tik Tavi
                          They have alluded several times to his having regained his mobility after crashing during the Antarctica showdown, but we have no information on how he did it... Was he defeatist at first but then overcame his negative attitude? Was there another person who really inspired him to keep going? Exactly how hurt was he? I mean the list is endless, I wish they would give us some more information.
                          Really good points Rik. I tend to think that as Mitchell came back to walking and fighting fitness this quickly - which it was in terms of being severly injured, having internal bleeding and not being expected to walk, demonstrates a very strong and determined attitude rather like his not going to let Anubis defeat them and protect SG1 at all costs, so I can't see him as ever giving up. I believe that Jack helped to speed his recovery by promising him any posting he desired... so he kept in his mind the fact of joining this elite team, he sees as the best of the best... so perhaps we could say that it was Jack who inspired him by giving him something to fight to recover for. He drew on this, just as he drew on his recovery to defeat the knight. I believe this was to show Mitchell's determined, never say die personality and can't really see Mitchell as ever allowing events to beat him without putting every effort in. <JMO>

I hope we get further little clues to this part of his story as well...
                          Last edited by Kas; 24 August 2005, 04:50 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Kas]That pic is definitely there to throw us... I think that it may be Baal. Don't quote me on that though!

Don't know Baal well enough to know for sure but isn't his hair darker?

If the shot was a lower I could tell because I would recognize Ben's butt anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by GB Barb
                              If the shot was a lower I could tell because I would recognize Ben's butt anywhere
                              Ditto!

If it is Mitchell or Daniel, I would have to go for Mitch, as Ben has the longer oval head... Michael's is more round. However, I'll probably be totally wrong!
                              Last edited by Kas; 24 August 2005, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                                Ditto!

If it is Mitchell or Daniel, I would have to go for Mitch, as Ben has the longer oval head... Michael's is more round. However, I'll probably be totally wrong!

He is wearing a white tee and Mitchell usually wears a black tee.

Maybe the white tee is an indication that it's a MITCHELL THUMPING EP

Kinda like black tee was for Chricton, that would be highly amusing

Comment

Working...
                                X