This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
    Frankly, I don't think this even qualifies as a spoiler because it seems status-quo for any team that works together, but, I'll spoiler it...

Spoiler:
    I'm not sure "They stop and agree on something before going through with it" is even a spoiler, much less indication that they have co-leadership. O'Neill would ask for the input of the team many times. I expect there will be much stopping and agreeing with all members and it doesn't mean that they are having quad-leadership. Seriously, that's what they're getting worked up over?

I'm not saying it won't happen, although I don't think it will, but I have yet to read one thing that can be even remotely translated to mean it will happen.

As for saying, "SG-1 out" what else is she going to say? "Carter out" I suppose, but for some reason she was the one communicating with the base or whoever, so why should Mitchell have to chime in his "SG-1 out". As for why she was the one communicating, maybe she had to explain something technically and instead of relaying through Mitchell, she talked directly to whoever. It would be silly to do otherwise. Especially if, as mentioned, he was laying down cover fire.

Would this be the first time Carter, or anyone, contacted the base directly? Of course not. It would be silly for everyone to have to tell O'Neill or Mitchell, "Hey, call base and tell them that the froonium fictum has indirectly cauterized the hizinna coil while the..."

I'm sorry for the rant, but it drives me crazy when somebody interprets a totally inoccuous statement into something to rile up the fans. This is not against you, Hurley, you're just asking opinions, but to those that started this ruckus.
    No offense taken, Chillin ! I believe that I just wanted to be reassured and you do a fine job. But you know, I don't think these guys want to "start a ruckus" because on this particular forum, everyone is on the same side : they are all crazy about Daniel, so they don't like Carter (I don't really understand why but it's like that) and don't want to see her in charge of SG1.
    Another spoiler from "Off the grid" . A more comforting one :
    Spoiler:
    Carter and Teal'c are about to get killed before Daniel and Mitchell's eyes. The mercenaries intend to take Mitchell so he can witness the death of his team. Mitchell shows some desperation when the two men point their weapons at Carter and Teal'c when they've decided to kill them. Mitchell has pleaded with them to take only him and release the rest of the team. When he see that Carter and Teal'c are about to be killed, Mitchell yells at the captors to delay it.

In this scene, I think Mitchell really act like the team leader.
    Last edited by Hurley; 17 August 2005, 03:49 PM.
    "We will do as I say" Bra'tac

Comment

Originally posted by Hurley
      ...But you know, I don't think these guys want to "start a ruckus" because on this particular forum, everyone is on the same side ...
      I hope you're right, because it is just so petty otherwise. If you're right, then my apologies to them. Maybe, like you, they just wanted someone to contradict what they were thinking so they could be reassured. No harm in that.

As to your new spoiler: I can't wait to see this. Ben can do angst like nobody's business. [If they play it that way.]

Comment

Originally posted by Chillin

As to your new spoiler: I can't wait to see this. Ben can do angst like nobody's business. [If they play it that way]
        He sure can and I'm liking the sound of that spoiler too Hurley. I really hope they let Ben have full reign to do the scene how he desires here. His acting choices have always been so right. Unfortunately we have to wait until around MARCH?!? as it's the last quarter of the season and we get that annoying 3-4 month break!

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
          I hope you're right, because it is just so petty otherwise. If you're right, then my apologies to them. Maybe, like you, they just wanted someone to contradict what they were thinking so they could be reassured. No harm in that.
          I understand your reaction. I don't post in a thread like "Mitchell should outrank Carter" just because I have the feeling that some people (not in most cases, fortunately) answer to another poster like if this guy had eaten their dog.

As to your new spoiler: I can't wait to see this. Ben can do angst like nobody's business. [If they play it that way.]
          Yeah, I agree with you and Kas on this !

ANOTHER SUBJECT :
          In an interview (Cult Times), Michael Shanks said :"Mitchell and Daniel have been carrying different storyline as the year's progressed".
          What storyline for Mitchell? I was thinking about the Jaffa rebellion (the Sodan warriors) because of the Babylon spoilers. What do you think?
          Last edited by Hurley; 18 August 2005, 09:04 AM.
          "We will do as I say" Bra'tac

Comment

Originally posted by Hurley
            ANOTHER SUBJECT :
            In an interview (Cult Times), Michael Shanks said :"Mitchell and Daniel have been carrying different storyline as the year's progressed".
            What storyline for Mitchell? I was thinking about the Jaffa rebellion (the Sodan warriors) because of the Babylon spoilers. What do you think?
            It's definitely a possibility, but I'm not sure I want that. I just don't find the storyline that intriguing. Like Mitchell said, politics suck everywhere. In order for it not to bore me, they have to not delve it into that much, and that means less Mitchell. --And we know that I don't want that!

I'm hoping the "different" storyline is that Daniel is going to try to talk sense into people the Priors are visiting, while Mitchell will be looking for ways to beat the Orii. Sort of same storyline, but a little different? I might be pushing it, but I'd prefer that.

The upside of Mitchell with the Jaffa storyline? I love the way he works with Teal'c! I know they've had hardly any interaction, but what's been there has been golden! Did Teal'c already know how to play War, or did Mitchell teach him, ya think?

Of course, the perfect solution? Mitchell in both storylines. Mitchell in ALL storylines.

Comment

Chronicling Mitchell:

905 – The Powers That Be

Tangibles:

Costume change: Sort of. When Mitchell is sick, he is stripped down to a black tank top.

Intangibles:

The opening scene: How I read this scene is that Mitchell must have been given the authority to decide the order of the planets to visit or to propose how to handle the Orii problem. He is reading a file about what planets the Priors have contacted [a duplicate of the file Vala brings in] when Vala’s interference gave him a starting point.

Boredom release: Playing card game “War” with Teal’c.

Leadership: Mitchell admits when he needs help. When many villagers fall sick, Mitchell tells SGC that they need backup.

Leadership: While Mitchell has kept it low key, the others know that he is in command:
              Mitchell radios Daniel: “Jackson, we’ve got a problem, here.”
              Daniel: “Give me a minute.”
              Mitchell: “Now, please.” Daniel sighs and goes.
              Mitchell doesn’t pull rank needlessly, so Daniel knows it must be something important. Nice interaction that says a lot, especially since Daniel isn’t officially a part of the team, so it shows respect.

While Mitchell is the only one on the SG-1 team to fall ill, there are indications that he continues to work until he drops. After he feels better, the first thing he wants is to be briefed. “Hey, what did I miss?”

Quotes:

“…we do not want to get into a god-off.”

Local: “You want to hold a Mal Duran.”
              Mitchell: “Ain’t that her name?”
              Later:
              Vala: “I like my plan better.”
              Mitchell: “It kind of is your plan. It’s named after you.”

Wow, for an episode that I felt had a fair amount of Eye-Candy Mitchell, he really didn't do much.
              Oh, well, sitting around and looking pretty is nice, too.

Comment

Thanks Chillin... once again can I just say I really love reading your synopsis.

The opening scene: How I read this scene is that Mitchell must have been given the authority to decide the order of the planets to visit or to propose how to handle the Orii problem. He is reading a file about what planets the Priors have contacted [a duplicate of the file Vala brings in] when Vala’s interference gave him a starting point.
                I really, really liked the whole opening scene... once again the chemistry between the actors leaps off the screen but I must stress that I only see these characters, Mitchell and Vala... a testament to the actors bringing the new characters to life.

So, so funny that Mitchell immediately realises that this planet was so obviously in danger from the Ori if they'd trusted Vala ... They'd so easily fall for the persuasions of the Ori then. Really like the quickness of Cameron.

Leadership: Mitchell admits when he needs help. When many villagers fall sick, Mitchell tells SGC that they need backup.

Leadership: While Mitchell has kept it low key, the others know that he is in command:
                Mitchell radios Daniel: “Jackson, we’ve got a problem, here.”
                Daniel: “Give me a minute.”
                Mitchell: “Now, please.” Daniel sighs and goes.
                Mitchell doesn’t pull rank needlessly, so Daniel knows it must be something important. Nice interaction that says a lot, especially since Daniel isn’t officially a part of the team, so it shows respect.
                Liked all the subtle indications of the leading abilities that CM has. As you say, it has been kept low-key but when it comes down to the decisions, Mitchell is right there and commands instant obedience and respect. Very nice interaction. And, I really like the acknowledging of needing back-up so quickly... a real leader with no false pride.

Costume change: Sort of. When Mitchell is sick, he is stripped down to a black tank top.
                Hmmm, they can strip him down to the black vests anytime. No complaints here

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                  Hmmm, they can strip him down to the black vests anytime. No complaints here
                  Same here. Ooooops. wrong thread. thoughts belong in another thread.

Comment

Tonight, hopefully, we'll get to see the start of the interaction between Mitchell and Samantha! Yeah, we had a little in the season premiere, but I'm hoping for more here.

--yeah, not a very deep post, but this thread was at the bottom of page 2 and nobody makes Baby sit in the corner!

Comment

I agree though Chillin... I really want to see this interaction as they seem good friends. We've seen him building gradually towards a respectful relationship with Teal'c and Daniel... and now I want to see him react with Sam, whom he knows already. However, I really, really want him to eventually establish a real friendship with the others although I understand it may take most of this season as I heard that Michael said at a con that this season was about TEAM as well as the fight against the Ori.

It'll be around Sat Evening before I eventually get to watch though

Comment

I'm curious to see what his relationship with Sam is too. And I'd like to see the focus of the show change from Daniel/Vala to something else, ideally a team focus with Mitchell as a strong leader. Well, actually, ideally, it would be all Mitchell all the time, but I have a feeling that's not going to happen.

Hey, does anyone remember that basketball game they were filming in that Inside Scifi Friday special? Do you think that'll be in this ep? Or was that something they were doing for fun and not part of a real ep?

Comment

I think it may be in this episode Shards... (at least I'm really hoping to see it there) I'm sure it'd be something that Landry may suggest as he's into Basketball. Be a good bonding experience.

Comment

Just finished watching 'Beachhead." We found out what Cameron call sign is. It's Stalker.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                              Just finished watching 'Beachhead." We found out what Cameron call sign is. It's Stalker.
                              Stalker? No, it's Shaft, as in Camshaft. Kind of lame, but cute.

Comment

Originally posted by ShardsofGlass
                                Stalker? No, it's Shaft, as in Camshaft. Kind of lame, but cute.
                                I just rewatched the tape I made and noticed my mistake. I was going to correct myself but you beat me to it, ShardsofGlass.

Comment

Working...
                                X