This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neelan_Liquor
    They're NOT spoilers... they're speculations! As soon as Joe Malozzi (or another ptb) says there WAS history there, it's going to remain speculation. Can we get off of the wife-swapping?
    Well, I included that as spoilers because I've seen it reported in more than one SciFi magazine, although I know they may not be accurate .

Wife-swapping? Oh, because Lexa Doig is married to MS?... but they are all just actors doing a job... Although, I want to get to know the characters as individuals, it personally doesn't worry me if they decide to have some sort of interaction between the characters.

Comment

In the last Stargate special (forgot the name), we saw them filming a scene where the group, with Vala, playing basketball. I was wonder what sport or sports Cameron like to play?

I figured that Landry was a basketball player because of the hoop in his office.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
        In the last Stargate special (forgot the name), we saw them filming a scene where the group, with Vala, playing basketball. I was wonder what sport or sports Cameron like to play?

I figured that Landry was a basketball player because of the hoop in his office.
        Hey, I had forgotten that scene Greytop... that must be in this week's episode. It's interesting because Sam wasn't present in the team basketball workout. She must come in later when they realise they need additional help.

It looks like Cameron was familiar with playing basketball in the clip... I guess the poor guy hasn't really had much time to play or resume any team sports for a while due to his accident. It definitely looks like Landry loves the sport and yes, we need a chance to see Mitchell's office (does he have one somewhere?) to see what personal touches he has.

Comment

Remember that Jack didn't know he had a desk until Sam mention it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
            Hey, I had forgotten that scene Greytop... that must be in this week's episode. It's interesting because Sam wasn't present in the team basketball workout. She must come in later when they realise they need additional help...
            Yeah, I heard she has a great outside shot.

Comment

If they play it close to Browder's history, then football.

Comment

True... and come to think of it, Mitchell was at a general computer in control room with Walter and everyone else when wishing to communicate with Sam. Of course, that could be just for establishing communication links to Prometheus.

Second thoughts... duh! We have seen Mitchell's office when he was going through the files and interviewing the candidates for SG-1... no personal touches there yet though.

Comment

Originally posted by ChillinTheMost
                  That's right. Now I remember, in TTTB, Cameron mentioned a pro football team. I believe it was the Raiders or the Eagles.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                    Second thoughts... duh! We have seen Mitchell's office when he was going through the files and interviewing the candidates for SG-1... no personal touches there yet though.
                    That was in the briefing room.
                    Spoiler:
                    Remember he got up when listening to the two sciencest and went to the window. Then the scene went into one of the flashbacks.

Comment

Oh, that's right. I remember him saying that he played college football and did drama, so he managed to get the footballing team coming to watch the plays... slightly unusual, I gather!

They could play on Ben's interests because I remember Beau Bridges saying in interview that he really likes basketball and it was his idea to add the hoop as personal background for Landry.

Comment

That's right. Now I remember, in TTTB, Cameron mentioned a pro football team. I believe it was the Raiders or the Eagles.
                        Good catch... it was the Raiders.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                          Oh, that's right. I remember him saying that he played college football and did drama, so he managed to get the footballing team coming to watch the plays... slightly unusual, I gather!

They could play on Ben's interests because I remember Beau Bridges saying in interview that he really likes basketball and it was his idea to add the hoop as personal background for Landry.
                          I think he even got a football scholarship, so he was pretty good. He played defensive linebacker - a position for strong, quick players. And ones that can read the offense.

The play Ben specifically mentions is South Pacific, in which there is a play within the play, or a musical within the play, and the men wear grass skirts and coconut bras. Ben laughs about having his football buddies having seen him in a coconut bra!

I've also heard that Ben likes collegiate basketball. It may have been Duke that he liked?

Also his family is involved in NASCAR and he enjoys the races. If you can call that a sport. Some redneck guys we met in a bar said that it stood for Non-Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks. His father's business sponsors a call and one of his brothers is the driver. I think they've dropped down a level because they weren't doing real well, so I don't know if it's still NASCAR or something else. Or if NASCAR has levels.

Kas - the "footballing team"? Are you from the UK? I mostly hear that terminology from non-USA posters. Or maybe you're just not big into sports? Nothing wrong with any of that, it just struck me...
                          Last edited by ChillinTheMost; 16 August 2005, 12:28 PM.

Comment

I think he even got a football scholarship, so he was pretty good. He played defensive linebacker - a position for strong, quick players. And ones that can read the offense..
                            Wow, pretty good going. Does anyone know why he didn't pursue it professionally... was it due to injury?

The play Ben specifically mentions is South Pacific, in which there is a play within the play, or a musical within the play, and the men wear grass skirts and coconut bras. Ben laughs about having his football buddies having seen him in a coconut bra!..
                            LOL! That's brilliant... way to loose some cred Ben! I think he said they actually enjoyed it - for what reason though? Just to give him grief after?

I've also heard that Ben likes basketball. It may have been Duke that he liked?
                            Excuse my ignorance but is Duke a player or a team?

Also his family is involved in NASCAR and he enjoys the races. If you can call that a sport. Some redneck guys we met in a bar said that it stood for Non-Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks. His father's business sponsors a call and one of his brothers is the driver. I think they've dropped down a level because they weren't doing real well, so I don't know if it's still NASCAR or something else. Or if NASCAR has levels.
                            I did know about the NASCAR thing but he's said recently that his family are no longer own a NASCAR and were not involved in that form of racing. They are involved in ASA Racing - where Dan is Vice-President of Mark 111 Financial Group (his father's company) - and have car NO. 78 ...Ben is seen wearing their promotional T-shirt in the Behind Scenes special of The Peacekeeper Wars.

He still enjoys going to see and following NASCAR racing though...

----

Oops, back to Cameron... I'd love to see this incorporated into his storyline.

----

PS:
                            Originally posted by ChillintheMost
                            Kas - the "footballing team"? Are you from the UK? I mostly hear that terminology from non-USA posters. Or maybe you're just not big into sports? Nothing wrong with any of that, it just struck me...
                            Yeppers... from the UK... I guess I should be saying SOCCOR team, right?
                            Last edited by Kas; 16 August 2005, 12:58 PM.

Comment

Interesting about the NASCAR stuff. I kind of wondered if his family was still involved in all that.

As far as football goes. In an interview on a late show a few years ago, he said he was quick but small, and that going pro was never an option. I also think he said professional football was too dangerous, but it might've just been a joke. Or maybe being too dangerous was partly the truth too!

BTW, did you know that CJ also played football in college? I dont' remember where he played but it was for a much larger school than Ben's and I think CJ went to a bowl game. Though I could be wrong. Now, he *looks* like a football player!

Comment

Originally posted by Kas
                                Wow, pretty good going. Does anyone know why he didn't pursue it professionally... was it due to injury?
                                He probably wasn't pro caliber. Have you ever seen those guys? They are frelling HUGE!!! LOL. There are a lot more openings at the collegiate level than in the pros. Besides, I think the acting bug got him.

Originally posted by Kas
                                LOL! That's brilliant... way to loose some cred Ben! I think he said they actually enjoyed it - for what reason though? Just to give him grief after?
                                Yeah, I think he took a lot of good-natured ribbing. He seemed proud of getting a bunch of football players out to see the play, though!

Originally posted by Kas
                                Excuse my ignorance but is Duke a player or a team?
                                Duke is a college. I think they are the Duke Blue Devils.

Thanks for the NASCAR/notNASCAR update! I knew things had changed but didn't know the specifics. Nice pic!

Comment

Working...
                                X