PDA

View Full Version : Pick Samanda's flag

Skydiver
August 1st, 2005, 06:23 PM
By popular demand, now is your chance to choose Samanda's flag.

Qasim
August 2nd, 2005, 12:52 PM
No. 4

AncientKnowledge
August 2nd, 2005, 01:16 PM
They are all really good!But I like 4

Qasim
August 2nd, 2005, 01:43 PM
Who came up with the idea of flags?

ChopinGal
August 2nd, 2005, 05:55 PM
Who came up with the idea of flags?

The citizens of Samanda! Check out "Sam's a Great Character" thread for details! Kudos to the talented fans at the thread who created these designs: Strix varia, Lys, and Forever Sg1. ;)

I've chosen my favorite ... but am not tellin'. :)

Court Jester

Osiris-RA
August 2nd, 2005, 06:39 PM
Hmm, 10 was pretty cool too but I picked 4.

Maybe 10 with various Sam in action or just Sam in the two bottom squares or overlapping Sam pics over the whole shield - or maybe overlapping Sam pics on the center cream colored stripe and then a zat over a glass of blue jello on the shield and kind of dented where there'd be a crisscross on the shield...that'd be cool.

Qasim
August 3rd, 2005, 03:20 AM
When you decide on a flag what are you going to do with it?

ChopinGal
August 3rd, 2005, 10:44 AM
When you decide on a flag what are you going to do with it?

Well, we have this fan named Betsy Ross and she's quite clever with a needle and thread! :D (Inside joke for those who live in the States!)

Seriously? It will fly over the Royal Castle of Samanda ... and be incorporated into the ever-growing Samandan mythology. ;)

ChopinGal
August 3rd, 2005, 10:46 AM
Hmm, 10 was pretty cool too but I picked 4.

Maybe 10 with various Sam in action or just Sam in the two bottom squares or overlapping Sam pics over the whole shield - or maybe overlapping Sam pics on the center cream colored stripe and then a zat over a glass of blue jello on the shield and kind of dented where there'd be a crisscross on the shield...that'd be cool.

I believe that the #10 Flag is still a "work in progress" so that there may be an image of Sam which will eventually appear. Overall, though, this would be the flag's colors and heraldic center.

To be fair to all designers, I will suggest that we run this poll for the month of August and then we'll choose the two top winners and possibly re-vote at that time for the final favorite from those two! I believe Sky will be able to work this out for us.

So vote now for your favorite and we'll see you again at the end of this first round! ;)

Daivy
August 3rd, 2005, 12:54 PM
I voted for number 7 (in the link it's flag4)

10 is also a nice one "that says it all". And still a work in progress say some people , well if ya need a advice, flag 10 is OK but (it's just My Opinion) maybe we should add a picture of Amanda under the zat and the Blue Jello.

So: zat / blue jello
picture of Amanda/sam

But is just a suggestion, anyway the flag number 10 "the flag with the shield", stays my 2nd choice, Sam pic added or not!

Well done flag designers, if nothing enables me, y'all get green for that hard work. I'm proud of you guys ('n girls)

;)

.:Lemon:.
August 3rd, 2005, 03:19 PM
I like #10, but I went for #4

Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime
August 3rd, 2005, 03:42 PM
I picked #2.

Qasim
August 3rd, 2005, 03:54 PM
4 rules

L-JADE
August 3rd, 2005, 03:58 PM
I picked no 10, merely because it's not really logical/practical to put someone faces in a Flag. Usually they put the essence of that country in the flag. COnsidering no #10 is a work in progress... I'd say I like it so far ... *wish they don't adds Sam's face* I like Sam, but her face in a flag ... meh! that's weird.

Miz_Gatez
August 3rd, 2005, 05:07 PM
wh00t! Excellent graphics on all of them but I have to say I picked #4!! :p I really want to know who does these great images and ask them how the heck they do it! :rolleyes: :cool:

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
August 3rd, 2005, 05:26 PM
I chose 4. And to tell ya the truth most of the look the same.

ChopinGal
August 3rd, 2005, 06:43 PM
I picked no 10, merely because it's not really logical/practical to put someone faces in a Flag. Usually they put the essence of that country in the flag. COnsidering no #10 is a work in progress... I'd say I like it so far ... *wish they don't adds Sam's face* I like Sam, but her face in a flag ... meh! that's weird.

Hi L-J ... the essence of Samanda is Sam Carter! Hence, that's why her face appears in most of the designs.

Samanda is a mythical kingdom to be found at the SaGC ("Sam's a Great Character") thread.

The three graphic artists are Strix varia, Lys, and Forever Sg1 - loyal Samandans all! :)

Qasim
August 4th, 2005, 04:41 AM
10 is fighting back

tara3583
August 8th, 2005, 11:31 AM
I really liked 10 but because there was no pic of Sam i went for no five instead as i thought the idea of putting the blue jelly deserts into the flag was very clever, Sam and her querks, it's what makes her stand out:)

Qasim
August 8th, 2005, 11:37 AM
When does this poll end?

Queen Eleta
August 20th, 2005, 03:57 PM
I pick number 4 :)

gatebee
August 20th, 2005, 04:43 PM
I picked # 10

They were all amazing but had to make a desicion. Right behind # 10, would be # 4.

Thanks to the all the designers of the flags.