PDA

View Full Version : getting the gates where they are

nimitz
August 1st, 2005, 02:31 PM
the ancients brought them on their spaceships i guess.

? Clock
August 1st, 2005, 02:31 PM
in the show they don't explain how the gates got to the different planets or if they were built on the individual planets. and there isn't a probable way (as of now) for the ancients to bring them to the individual planets.
(comments on if i'm wrong would be nice)

? Clock
August 1st, 2005, 02:45 PM
the ancients brought them on their spaceships i guess.

surely you don't mean the puddle jumpers right?

nimitz
August 1st, 2005, 02:51 PM
they have more ships than just puddlejumpers

nimitz
August 1st, 2005, 02:53 PM
spoiler

auroa for 1

Eoin
August 1st, 2005, 04:18 PM
thats wierd, ?Clock started this thread and his post is second and nimitz reply is first :confused:
but anyway the ancients surely had transport ships, for a race that advanced they must have had some sort of transport ships

_Owen_
August 1st, 2005, 05:33 PM
Transportation by ships are one possibility but there are also others, some include, transportation, or also the creation of artificial wormholes, so in this case, the Ancients were able to create and artificial wormhole to a point in space, from another point in space, just a wormhole, no Stargate, and they were able anchor the ends of the wormholes in position, or even have them move, but remain at an exact point on a planets' surface, then they sent the Stargate through and it came out there. Or a combination, they did as I previously said with the wormholes, but also transported the gates through, to assure they ended up in the correct intended positions.

Owen Macri

SaberBlade
August 1st, 2005, 06:47 PM
Orlin showed how easy it would be to create a Stargate so i think that if any type of Ancient ship could have been used to create Stargates and DHDs.

the Ancients could just have explored space normally and when they came across a suitable planet, build a stargate on the ship and left it behind.

it would probably have been the same way the Tollan got their gate, the Nox went to the planet and built one, or helped them build one

_Owen_
August 1st, 2005, 06:59 PM
I would think that rather than wasting time and energy "building" a gate, in the traditional sense of the word, they would have simply materialized it, this would be easier and faster as well. Not to mention entirely possible, with the Ancients level of technology at the time.

Owen Macri

nimitz
August 2nd, 2005, 04:16 AM
i dont think so owen maybe they would have done that later. And that is freaky that my reply is the first post.I agree with eoin it was probally transpotred with transport ships which would have a hyperdrive.

MarshAngel
August 2nd, 2005, 08:32 AM
That's an interesting idea... rather than trasporting gates whole.. they simply transported the raw materials and naquadah necessary and stored the gate patterns. When they got to the site, they simply used the pattern in a transporter like device and rematerialized the naquadah and other materials in that specific form. That would be very very cool.

Unamed
August 2nd, 2005, 09:26 AM
Could they not of used Atlantis to distribute the gates??

_Owen_
August 2nd, 2005, 01:02 PM
i dont think so owen maybe they would have done that later. And that is freaky that my reply is the first post.I agree with eoin it was probally transpotred with transport ships which would have a hyperdrive.
I think it is very likley.

Re: Unamed, Atlantis apears to be far newer than the gate network.

Owen Macri

Qasim
August 2nd, 2005, 01:12 PM
Re: Unamed, Atlantis apears to be far newer than the gate network.

Owen MacriThe milky way network at least

_Owen_
August 2nd, 2005, 01:18 PM
Ya, lol, I should have included that.

Owen Macri

Qasim
August 2nd, 2005, 01:27 PM
It will be interesting when we see gates in the Ori galaxy

nimitz
August 2nd, 2005, 01:32 PM
The ori gates will probaly be the newest.

_Owen_
August 2nd, 2005, 01:43 PM
AWWWW, I don't get season nine, until like the end of the summer at least.

Owen Macri

cozzerob
August 3rd, 2005, 01:04 AM
Coun't your slef lucky Owen, I havent seen series 8 yet and I'm olny three episodes into Atlantis series 1...

Qasim
August 3rd, 2005, 03:23 AM
The ori gates will probaly be the newest.Actually I believe they will be the oldest according to the omnipedia but not confirmed in an ep - the ori are the ones left behind by alterrans/ancients http://www.gateworld.net/omnipedia/races/links/ori.shtml

nimitz
August 3rd, 2005, 12:29 PM
Hey owen i live in the uk i havnt seen a single eposide of season 9 im just speculating.

Qasim
August 3rd, 2005, 12:31 PM
in that case speculate on

nimitz
August 3rd, 2005, 12:35 PM
in that case speculate on
I think i will.

_Owen_
August 3rd, 2005, 12:35 PM
Oh, that is not good, but then again it is good. You get to experience some really good episodes for the first time now. If they could just broadcast them everywhere at the same time, it would be so much better.

In response to nimitz: Oh ok, ya, I wasn't sure it sounded like you had. Sorry.

Owen Macri

_Owen_
August 3rd, 2005, 06:42 PM
Whoa that is cool, we both posted in the same minute, but my post was after, however it says on the last post that yours was last. Wierd.

Owen Macri

nimitz
August 4th, 2005, 03:07 PM
i actually posted over 5 minutes before that ,now isnt that freaky it travelled into the future.

_Owen_
August 4th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Yep that is the time dialation effect again, I HATE that, but at the same time it is immpecibly cool. lol.

Owen Macri