This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Anyone else watch it? I thought it was hillarious. We went to the imax to see it
    sigpic

It was absolutely fantastic! Hilarious! Johnny Depp is such an amazing and diverse actor... Comparing his performance to his more serious role in "Finding Neverland", he is extremely talented.

A wonderful movie! And it certainly gave me chocolate cravings.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver
      A wonderful movie! And it certainly gave me chocolate cravings.
      Indeed.

"Then he will be made into strawberry flavored chocolate coated fudge!? They'll be selling him by the pound all over the world?!"

"No. I wouldn't allow it. The taste would be terrible. Can you imagine Augustus flavored chocolate coated Gloop? Eww. No one would buy it."

Or even better:

"You can eat the grass?"

"Of course you can. Everything in this room is eatible. Even I'm eatible. But that is called Cannibalism, my dear children, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies...."
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
        Anyone else watch it? I thought it was hillarious. We went to the imax to see it
        This movie was too sweet and chocolatey the first time it was made; however, with Tim Burton directing, and Johnny Depp in the lead, this remake would be a variety of dark chocolate; one that I might actually like. I'll have to get back to you...as soon as I can grab my nephew to go see it with me. It would look strange for a person of my years going to see this without a kid in tow.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

The new one put more emphasis on Family than on Honesty. (I guess all these childrens movies need morals?) But even that was well done. Hillarious flashbacks with Dr. Wonka, DDS (played by Christopher Lee )
          sigpic

Comment

I thought it was brilliant! Johnny Depp is superb in the role, and so much of the acting is in his facial expressions! I was in stitches for most of it. Some of the critics have said that he's not as eerie as the original with Gene Kelly - but I thought the bit where he sends Verruca's dad in with the squirrels is scary, you can see in his face he knows exactly what he is doing - what does everybody else think?

Best lines:
            "Good morning starshine - the earth says, hello!"
            "MUMBLER!"
            "You smell like old people....and soap."
            "Everyone knows whipped cream isn't whipped cream unless it's been whipped with whips!"
            "Dad, what's the blowhole for?"
            "I'll tell you what it's not for, Son. Then you'll understand why I can never go back to SeaWorld." ~ Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Saw it last week with my family and saw it literally 2 hours ago with my friends! I loved it! I can't really compare it to the original movie as I haven't saw it in so long and can't remember it too well. I loved Johnny Depp in it! I'm a fan of him anyway, but in this movie he just seemed like Willy Wonka....not like Johnny Depp....I dunno if that makes sense! My favourite part was Mike Teevee's Oopma Loompa song Loved the way the channels kept changing....

Comment

I'm quite surprised at how much I liked it... considering all the grudging reviews that I'd been reading. Even my 4 year old was quite attentive and that's saying something considering that she almost never sits still.
                The music was fabulous, the actors hi-larious and the sets were amazing. Johnny Depp was a little kooky admittedly but everything else made up for it.
                Tim Burton is exactly the right person to make this film...
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I havent seen it yet but i hear good things

Name: Issac Matthews
                  Team: SG-3(Marines)
                  click for biography

Comment

I got to say this is a very good film much better than the 70s remake of the film. The OOmpa Loompas ruled with their 'Darkness' Tribute.
                    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I love this version! I like it so much better than the one with Gene Wilder (which I really didn't even like very much), although I do think having seen it helped me understand and prepare for this one.. I laughed so much, and Tim Burton was brilliant and Johnny Depp fantastic! I can't wait to get the DVD.

Atlantis Base offers greetings from the Pegasus Galaxy
                      "Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, it turns out you are."

http://babyseals.care2.com/
                      www.stopthesealhunt.com

Comment

One word CRAP!!!
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                        X