New Cylons vs. Matrix machines vs. Terminators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Cylons vs. Matrix machines vs. Terminators

Who's the better villain? Who would win in a fight?

I think Terminators are better villains. They're relentless, unstoppable killing machine bent on destroying the future of the human race. The New Cylons are good too, they're like a combination of the Skynet and the Replicants from Blade Runner, machines that turned on their creator and are now carrying forth a mysterious plan. The Matrix machines, well, they're just retarded.

As for who would win in a fight, I would say the new Cylons since they can just nuke everything from space but without space ships, I would say Terminators. The Matrix machines would just fly in a helix formation and get shot down before they even get to their target.

In truth, we never saw most of the arsenal or more than a single city of the Matrix machine civilization. We saw their scout/grunt hybrids (flying squids), the drills, and we saw their anti-aircraft defenses that weren't really that impressive. This biggest weakness of the machines were that they were arrogant. They stuck to their idea of perfection whilst toying with the humans for entertainment despite destroying them many times over and enslaving the majority of humanity. The machines also had a highly stratified hierarchy and internal conflicts where they had to kill their own to maintain an order that didn't really exist because they relied so much on the agents and the Architect inside the matrix and defied nature which promotes evolution and change. I think the centralized leader of the Matrix machine civilization was a power-hungry nutcase. The biggest weakness of the machine civilization is that without humans and/or without the harvesting fields, they rely too much on the sun. I rate the machine civilizations first underwater due to first response versatility. I also think that they'd create orbital defenses better and faster than the Terminators.

The new Cylons were squabbling and could barely hold together a unified front against a ragtag fleet. They were also weak because they didn't create the numbers to get the job done like the Matrix machines or Skynet were willing to do. Each battleship or Raider factory ship or whatever destroyed would be a victory that counts. Skynet would be a strategic and statistical nightmare to eradicate and the Matrix machines would likely dig so nuking has less effect than on biological species. The easiest way for the New Cylons to win would be to destroy the planet because mass-nuking wouldn't coup de grâce either the machines or the Terminator legions, just really hurt them. Also Skynet and the Matrix machines probably would find a way to lash out into space eventually like Independence Day the movie, but with actual firepower included. I'm sure all these robot races have uber-hacking capabilities but the Cylons used it exclusively, not opportunistically like the other two. A big strength of the New Cylons is they can harvest asteroids and build in space.

The Terminators are the weakest faction. They require supply lines to gather resources and won't have air superiority. They can't dig like the Matrix machines and I don't actually know if they have cities or not. Skynet itself would be a weakness like Palpatine was to the empire as what happens if it's killed? The factions still weakens whether Skynet has a backup or magically resurrects with a Spaarti cloning cylinder or not. The Terminators to me are like die hard cockroaches. A war of attrition will defeat Cylon ground forces, but I don't know how Matrix machines and Terminators match up on the ground. If humans can fight back with turrets, rocket launchers, exosuits, and EMP ships, the Terminators will fight a hell of a lot meaner without a doubt. I rate the Terminators second underwater.

Comment

Only one of these powers has been seen to be spacefaring. Point, set, match.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
      X