No announcement yet.

Ronon's gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems that Dex can go toe-to-toe with Ford. And if you look at one part while the wraith was beginning to feed on him, the wraith stopped. Is it possible he was also given a little bit of Wraith enzyme? Not as much as Ford, but enough to give him strength to fight Ford.
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Its possible but the wraith scowled so maybe he couldnt feed on Dex for some reason
      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
        We seriously need to find a weapon to use against Ford
        Just as well "Super-Ford" isn't one of Anubis' Super-soldiers
        Go SG-1! Go ATLANTIS!
        WOOHOO!

<<Amanda Tapping's the only sweet hunny bunny for me>>

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
          The Wraith drones that corner McKay in "The Siege III" also had the smaller stunners. I don't understand why they don't just use the handheld stunners all the time instead of the massively oversized stunners introduced in "Rising," myself. Maybe the larger stunners deliver a more powerful charge or something. Though the larger ones are still ineffective against Ford and the smaller one was almost worthless against Dex, so it seems the Wraith's weapons all just suck in general.
          Well, not sure where the gun came from, but it apparently has more than one setting (remember, Ronon told Sheppard that he was lucky it was set on stun). Anyway, Ronon's stunner sure looks a hecukva lot more painful if you're hit. Both Shepaprd and Major Lorne looked like they were in a lot of pain before they finally stopped seizing up and passed out. Poor Teyla looked like a rabbit hit by a car.

The Wraith guards look a bit silly with the hand-held stunners; the big guns just fit them better, and no matter, each one requires aiming and they're all single-shot, although maybe the big ones last longer. Gotta admit, alien weapons NEVER seem to run out of power while our heroes can run out of bullets (well, tough to do with a P90).

Comment

Well, regardless, I loved his weapon handling! It was great...especially his fighting skills against Ford! I was like damn! Especially since Ford has that Wraith power leverage...they were pretty evenly matched. Any clues on how Ronan managed to stop the Wraith from feeding on him? It seems as though there are genes that make a person immune to Wraith feeding...biological enhancement or was it that he was just a little more evolved?

Comment

the prop at least looks like a modified revolver. maybe he has to load it with energy rounds or something. that would be cool.

Comment

Originally posted by jons242
                I find Ronons planet looking more advance doesn't make sense. I am assuming the Wraith feeding ground is the entire Pegasus galaxy. They are supposed to cull the humans everyone 100 years. This allows the humans left from the last cull to reproduce back to sufficient numbers for the next feeding. So if that's true then every planet would never advance beyond 100 years after each cull. There society would have been so devastated who ever survives the cull will have to start all over again.
                The planet might be off the charts, or in a less traveled part of the galaxy. The Wraith just might not have known about the planet.
                I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

You can deduce from Ronan's gun that he's been in skirmishes with ordinary humans, and expects to be in more;
                  If he's only fighting Wraith, then there'd be no reason for him to carry a weapon with a stun setting. But when he meets F.A.R.T. out in the forest, he's already got the equipment to take them down non-lethally. Which says that he's had to do so in the past.

Comment

Maybe the wraith feeding on Ronon sense that he was more 'fit' to be runner. Because the wraith can sense the strength of a character before feeding upon them.
                    Sheppard: Do you mind if I called you Hermy?
                    Hermoid: Do you mind if I called you Sheppy?
                    Sheppard: I'll take that as a yes.

Comment

Originally posted by KundiSmack
                      Any clues on how Ronan managed to stop the Wraith from feeding on him? It seems as though there are genes that make a person immune to Wraith feeding...biological enhancement or was it that he was just a little more evolved?
                      I believe 'Poisoning the Well' layed the groundwork for that. Perna discusses a man who was found to have a natural immunity to the Wraith feeding process. It was based on certain proteins in his system which, according to Beckett, prevented the wraith from releasing chemicals into the victim before feeding. I'm guessing that Ronan has the gene that produces the protein, and that it probably negates the strengthening enzyme, along with whatever else the Wraith try to do when feeding.

As Dex was obviously fit and capable, the Wraith decided to make him a Runner. Obviously, he was a very difficult one, killing Wraith who hunted him.

a time to mourn

Comment

LOL! I knew there would be a gun thread appearing at some point...very cool, maybe I'll learn something here....clueless on guns except to know I could not shoot the broad side of a barn..no matter how big the gun was!!
                        Purple's Biggest Fan
                        A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                          I believe 'Poisoning the Well' layed the groundwork for that. Perna discusses a man who was found to have a natural immunity to the Wraith feeding process. It was based on certain proteins in his system which, according to Beckett, prevented the wraith from releasing chemicals into the victim before feeding. I'm guessing that Ronan has the gene that produces the protein, and that it probably negates the strengthening enzyme, along with whatever else the Wraith try to do when feeding.

As Dex was obviously fit and capable, the Wraith decided to make him a Runner. Obviously, he was a very difficult one, killing Wraith who hunted him.
                          Good to know. I was wondering too.
                          Purple's Biggest Fan
                          A Purple Creation

Atlantis Dex Style

Dex Devil

Comment

On the rifles used in the Seige of dex's planet, perhaps his planet fell into the domain of the Genii empire?? That would explain the weapons..

Comment

Or the props department decided to save a few bucks for future episodes =)

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
                                The planet might be off the charts, or in a less traveled part of the galaxy. The Wraith just might not have known about the planet.
                                Like the Gouald they cant keep an eye on the whole of their domain or feeding grounds and so planets could be left alone for more than one culling and people can move onto differnet plannets that the wraith think are uninhabitted. As for the rifle weapons mabey they are the klashnikove of the PG cheap and readly avialable that or one of the surivours of the Wraith attack on his home world moved to the genii plannet. That or when the surviours formed the genii some of thoes surviours went their own way and bumped into Ronan's civilisation.

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."
                                O'NEILL:"You ended that sentence with a preposition. *******!"

Comment

Working...
                                X