This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zatn'ktel

the zatn'ktel (or zat gun) is proboably the coolest gun around. who is with me?
    your new guide to stargate news.
    www.stargatenews.mypodcast.com

Master Control Radio
    www.mastercontrol.mypodcast.com

Well, I would say the P90 is the coolest gun around. But as for alien gun, it is definetly up there. As for functionality, it has a significant variety of uses. It is a logical gun to use, not to mention, it does look cool, I can't disagree with you there.

Owen Macri

Comment

I'd have to agree with Owen - the P90 is an excellent weapon - right up there with the uzi, MP5 and AK's. It's just classy, easy to use, large magasine, armour piercing rounds, super light, only 50cm long, etc, etc, etc...

That said - the zat gun is cool too - not a functional - but still cool. Good for non-lethal ops and that's about it...
      "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

The P90 is also very practical, many times it has been clasified under, the weapon of the future. It can pierce over 200 layers of kevlar at its maximum effective distance. As well it is the only gun with that handset (the way you hold it) I personally find that really cool.

Owen Macri

Comment

i have to say that the P-90 is the best gun, the perfect weapon IMO, looks great and really effective in combat, at least off world, really surprized it snt used more, i could imagine SWAT teams using it really well; as for the zat i lov the gun, its the best weapon on SG that isnt human, cept maybe the ion cannon(the way it moves when firing is cool).
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

It's difficult to even compare the P90 to the Zat as they have entirely different applications. The P90 is for direct combat while the Zat is more of a weapon yielded in stealth missions. Both are equally awesome in their own right.

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

Zats the way ah huh a huh I love them ah huh ah huh
              Spoiler:

Comment

Zats right!

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by camulus13
                  the zatn'ktel (or zat gun) is proboably the coolest gun around. who is with me?
                  i agree but if i wanted to stop an army of jaffa i think that i would prefer to have a p-90 in my hands than a Zat but then i could have the Zat as my back up gun when the p-90 runs out of clips.

Comment

zats are amazing but the p90 is not really that good.Armour piercing bullets in special operations is a bad idea because the bullets would go through walls which could then damage civilians but offworld it would be good. Anyway zats are amazing the best alien weaponary by far. I wish i had 1(grumbles and walks away).
                    Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
                    Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
                    - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
                    - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

the zat gun is better than a p-90 cause a p-90' s bullets will ricotche and a zat's "bullets" will only asorb into the wall
                      your new guide to stargate news.
                      www.stargatenews.mypodcast.com

Master Control Radio
                      www.mastercontrol.mypodcast.com

Comment

The Zat is a great weapon as is the P-90 can use it in either hand and its got a decent sized clip. As for which is better they have their advantages and disadvantage but in the end "one shot kill" and automatic for the P-90 verses "2 shot kill" and "semi automatic" although the Zat makes really cool sounds when firing and arming. I'd say it is the best side arm that we have seen so far.

HER'AK: "No matter what you have endured, you have never experienced the likes of what Anubis is capable of."
                        O'NEILL:"You ended that sentence with a preposition. *******!"

Comment

Both, zat in one hand, p90 in the other one.
                          This is my sugnature!
                          Spelled wrong so no one steals it!

Comment

Originally posted by nimitz
                            zats are amazing but the p90 is not really that good.Armour piercing bullets in special operations is a bad idea because the bullets would go through walls which could then damage civilians but offworld it would be good. Anyway zats are amazing the best alien weaponary by far. I wish i had 1(grumbles and walks away).
                            What you say has some truth to it. For example, when the SAS are planning their hostage rescue misions they must choose the ammo they use very carefully so that it goes into the terrorist, but not the innocent.

However, the rounds that the P90 uses are designed to pierce armour but tumble inside the body, ie, for the most part they stay inside and do more damage than the average bullet. So P90's are ok for civvy missions.

That said - zats are plain cool. And i love the non-lethal aspect. Still - our taser guns are getting better...
                            "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

Originally posted by cozzerob
                              What you say has some truth to it. For example, when the SAS are planning their hostage rescue misions they must choose the ammo they use very carefully so that it goes into the terrorist, but not the innocent.

However, the rounds that the P90 uses are designed to pierce armour but tumble inside the body, ie, for the most part they stay inside and do more damage than the average bullet. So P90's are ok for civvy missions.
                              You are probaly correct about the p90 but i heard that in special forces that used it.Stopped using it for that exact reason i said and other reasons like it being difficult to handle especially in split second reactions.But anyway zats are possibly the perfect handheld weapon. I have not seen any recoil involved when fired but i am not sure about that.
                              Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
                              Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
                              - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
                              - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

Working...
                              X