This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate technology!

Ok, now, Why the hell aren't there Tanks for the stargate? If they are able to make submarines small enough to fit in the gate (water gate) you'd think they would be able to create a tankthat could roll in through the gate, not those MALPs with the machines guns, a proper tank. Big enough to fit five SG members to fit in it.

Think about it, it could have cooling systems in it to make sure the mtal doesn't totally overheat and melt or cook the people inside it alive!

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

And Why aren't there scopes on Zats or Wraith stunners, Staff weapons would be quite pointless becauase Teal'cs the only one (I know of) that uses them within the SGC realm but Zats, everyones favourtie side arm i'm thinking

Now Wraith stunners, jeeze. Why the hell would a race that advanced not have scopes? or do those funky masks they wear have some kind of built in zoom system for long range shots?

Comment

Why the hell would a race that advanced not have scopes?
      Why use energy weapons at all, let alone ones that glow in the dark, are impossible to aim and have a large spike ready to impale you? Answer: because the Wraith/Goa'uld/Tollans/Bedrosians et al are stupid.

Why use ship weaponry that is so fantasticaly weak it's destruction is overshadowed by many human cruise missiles when they could easily build naqahdah bombs? Ditto.
      Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

Originally posted by Lord §okar
        Why use energy weapons at all?
        Unlimited Ammo. In case for some reason, your stuck on the planet with limited Ammo and you run out, or your gun jams (unlikely) Wraith stunners, capture something alive.

Comment

I see, so you can't hit anything, but you can do it lots. FYI, they don't have unlimited ammunition, they can't have unlimited ammunition.
          Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

Why the hell would a race that advanced not have scopes?
            Why use energy weapons at all, let alone ones that glow in the dark, are impossible to aim and have a large spike ready to impale you? Answer: because the Wraith/Goa'uld/Tollans/Bedrosians et al are stupid.

Why use ship weaponry that is so fantasticaly weak it's destruction is overshadowed by many human cruise missiles when they could easily build naqahdah bombs? Ditto.
            LOL Well said I suppose they'd all be really overconfindent in their accuracy and technology aswell.

Comment

I see, so you can't hit anything, but you can do it lots. FYI, they don't have unlimited ammunition, they can't have unlimited ammunition.
              Ok, so, i was parafraising but they all have a hell of alot more ammo than earth weapons. (As far as I know...)

Comment

Ok, we've covered the scopes, now, Tanks! Can you picture a tank rolling through the stargate to a hostile world and all the hostile people goin' huh? and boom, they'd go bu-bye...Or is it out of the SGC budget to supply mini-tanks or is this just another pipe dream? and I have to go now, so I won't reply. G'night all

Comment

So I use my weapon with limited ammo to kill a billion of you, and then start using your weapon

Comment

Energy weapons are greatly over-rated... I think the best hi-tech weapon at the mo has got to be rail guns, which is a projectlie weapon, built by - you guessed it - the tau'ri, who are using them to do what - you gessed it right again - kill everybody in their way!

why bother with fancy energy weapons when it's much easier to plant bullets in ppl's heads. The only real benefits I can see are the possibilities of shielding tech and the stun capability over kill (i'm not including inf ammo cos batteries run out - like in that doctor who episode...)
                    "I have a B.A., M.D., Ph.D and B.Sc. Maybe one day I'll get a J.O.B."

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

"He who laughs last didn't get it."

Comment

Originally posted by Ascended Times.2
                      Unlimited Ammo. In case for some reason, your stuck on the planet with limited Ammo and you run out, or your gun jams (unlikely) Wraith stunners, capture something alive.
                      Your amunition would not be unlimited, the energy would still run out.

Owen Macri

Comment

A scope on a zat?!?! That's like putting a scope on a handgun (sometimes this is done, but not often, and usually not in the field). How often do you see the SG teams running around with scopes on their sidearms? And does the zat have a long enough range to justify a scope? Sure they get into firefights down long hallways or across a field, but even then the range isn't so great they need a scope.

The Wraith weapons are just silly and they look like the shooter is more likely to get hurt from using it then hitting someone (the large pointed stick coming out the back).

I always though the energy weapons weren't too overated. The scenes with a mothership bombarding a planet were pretty good. And while their ammo isn't unlimmited, for all intents and purposes, it might as well be. Do you ever see a Jaffa or Kull warrior stop in the middle of a firefight and replace his liquid naquada fuel cell... thingy? "Stop and reload? Ha!"

Comment

a scope on a Zat would be unnecesary, the Zat fires a wide energy burst, all you have to do is point it in the general direction of what you want to shoot, and you will probably hit it. It is not a long range weapon.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                            a scope on a Zat would be unnecesary, the Zat fires a wide energy burst, all you have to do is point it in the general direction of what you want to shoot, and you will probably hit it. It is not a long range weapon.

Owen Macri
                            talking of stargate technology, a sniper like Zat gun would be cool!

Heru'ur is a God, he will rise and take revenge

Comment

Yes, however at a long range with the slow moving energy burst it would be impractical, the enemy, or target, would have time to move out of the way, as well, the shot would be impresise due to the size of the burst of released energy.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                              X