PDA

View Full Version : Ex Deus Machina (907)

Pages : 1 [2]

Elite Anubis Guard
November 22nd, 2005, 12:02 PM
I found this to be an....interesting episode to say the least. I thought it was very interesting having Baal come to Earth, just to retire. Of course we all know that isn't the case. What I found even more interesting was the Baal clones. Imagine the havoc that's gonna be for the SGC.

The political side of the series is increasing somewhat this year as well, so that's a bit interesting, but Garok is an annoying character. Hope he dies soon.

The Signal
November 22nd, 2005, 12:12 PM
I agree, not a fan of Gerak. Liking now that Teal'c is getting a lot more usage he has kept with the more extreme character that was developed by the end of S8. As for Baal, is it me or did he seem much more sinister without the Goa'uld voice? He just seemed more realistic an enemy in this episode, unlike the pantomime style character he had before. A great story and well acted. In all

8/9 chevrons, it lost 1 for the "Goa'uld can't cloak whole ships" comment

mentalmichael
November 22nd, 2005, 12:52 PM
I liked this episode and all, but since when can an asgard transporter beam an entire building?!? biggest thing we've seen so far was (i think) a stargate. Other than that, nice one.

Elite Anubis Guard
November 22nd, 2005, 12:57 PM
Ye, that was interesting. A whole building.

Elite Anubis Guard
November 22nd, 2005, 12:58 PM
Ye, that was interesting. A whole building.

bcfc
November 22nd, 2005, 01:24 PM
I enjoyed this episode for its politics, and for its more slower approach than in previous episodes.

I liked the beaming of the entire building and for hearing Baal's real voice, and seeing more of prommie is always a bonus.

I wish they'd took on that Mothership though.

:) :D :) :D

BC - 303
November 22nd, 2005, 02:33 PM
i notised something whilst watching this
i miss Vala, i didnt think i cared that much

The SG1 Patches were cool and i hope they go kick ass
and Jaffa nation is really cool, shady Alince
and its good to hear that there are still some Tok'ra around.

Apophis could cloak whole motherships

so why carnt the Jaffa, concidering some (like Raknor) were once in service of apophis
Also nice to hear that Cassandra is still alive, always nice to mention charectors that others have forgot about

like the news reporter at the end WAS the news reporter who found out about Promethues back in season 6

Daniel's_twin
November 22nd, 2005, 05:34 PM
Well, I'm remembering that Apophis' entire fleet was destroyed, along with a whole lot of fancy toys. The kind of cloaking technology that Apophis had was probably very limited knowledge, something that Rak'nor probably would not have. So, it's very likely that with Apophis, the secrets of cloakiing a big honkin' Ha'tak is probably dead. :cool:

jafacakes
November 22nd, 2005, 06:26 PM
iAlso nice to hear that Cassandra is still alive, always nice to mention charectors that others have forgot about

like the news reporter at the end WAS the news reporter who found out about Promethues back in season 6

Did I miss a reference to Jack O'neill on the episode ?( not beeing snarky here, I watched a recording of the ep and bit's near the breaks were missing)
But thought it strange that kerry Johnson was mentioned rather than just the CIA but there was no mention of the head of Homeword security.

cafine_us
November 22nd, 2005, 08:22 PM
Did I miss a reference to Jack O'neill on the episode ?( not beeing snarky here, I watched a recording of the ep and bit's near the breaks were missing)
But thought it strange that kerry Johnson was mentioned rather than just the CIA but there was no mention of the head of Homeword security.
Jack wasn't mentioned by name, but he could have been vaguely referenced. When Barrett asked Sam if she was single, she replied, "Not exactly." Some interpret this comment to mean she was in a relationship of some sort with Jack.

Chaka's_Mum
November 22nd, 2005, 10:41 PM
Either that or she was trying to kill his renewed hopes dead again. I suppose there's a 'ship and non-'ship explanation to her comment.

Still, it was nice to see Barrett again.

Ooo - Ba'al with unflanged voice - what a difference! And, I agree, it certainly made him more sinister. Without that single identifier, no-one's going to know what this guy really is, or that his agenda is hardly going to be to the benefit of the electronics/aeronautics industries.

Cam must be a happy boy at last - he's finally got his SG-1, and it's official!

And as for Gerak - who the heck does he think he is? If he's going to carry out covert operations on an (allegedly) allied planet, the least he could do is try to be a bit more 'covert' about it, for heaven's sake!

Okay it's purely for his own political gain; but, come on!:rolleyes:

discodiva
November 22nd, 2005, 11:29 PM
Can't stand Gerak....but I wouldn't mind one of those Baal's if there's one going spare!..;) :D

Deeds xx

Anubis69
November 23rd, 2005, 10:02 AM
Jack wasn't mentioned by name, but he could have been vaguely referenced. When Barrett asked Sam if she was single, she replied, "Not exactly." Some interpret this comment to mean she was in a relationship of some sort with Jack.
The "happy" music also implied that. I saw it a mile away, but Jack appears to still be in the homeworld security and Carter's back on SG-1, it would put him in an easier position but it's still touch and go given he's running the whole joint.

But it makes sense (i'm not a shipper btw) if that's how they're gonna do it, with Jack gone, then they can have that part of their life separate and not get in the way of the story in the show, bit like in DS9 with Kira/Odo.

Tracy Jane
November 23rd, 2005, 04:23 PM
Sorry guys, I'm lazy and couldn't be bothered to read the whole thread before posting, so excuse me if what I say is a repeat.

Polyfiller. This episode was industrial sci-fi polyfiller to repair the plot holes from the last goodness knows how long, and I'm not complaining.

Finally, after waiting for ages we find out what happened to poor neglected Cassie (this may have been mentioned in previous s9 eps, but I've been having technical difficulties). I mean, Mum dies, then adopted mum dies and it takes three seasons to go, "hey, look, kid might be having a few problems." Then of course the "not exactly single" bit clears things up for anyone who was wondering how badly the timeline got screwed in Moebius. The whole Sam/Jack thing. Hooray.

Anyway, very glad of explanation and very glad of Baal. Now I've got technical difficulties sorted and also worked out today how to work volume control (dodgy tv), I need to get volume control on housemates working so I can actually watch the episodes!

Stricken
November 24th, 2005, 03:40 AM
At first this was a shock as it was Earth based after so many off-world episodes which in many ways is a plus of RDA's departure. I didnt buy Carter's line when she said she had been looking after Cassie, Frasier died over a year nearly two years ago and only know shes having some problems, where she been for all this time! Nice to have Cliff back as Baal one of the great guest stars on Stargate SG-1 and we finaly got to hear the man behind Baal in human modeish! The plot was good and kept me on the edge of my seat to see if they could come up with a way to stop the building from exploding. Carter was back on form after last week where I felt she didnt really fell like she should be there. And most importantly the Bands back together!!! At last long may it continue. Great Episode Season 9 goes from Stength to Stength.

Ex Deus Machina recieves a S.G.C rating of 8 out 0f 9 Chevrons
http://img459.imageshack.us/img459/8743/arrow2zt.gifhttp://img459.imageshack.us/img459/8743/arrow2zt.gifhttp://img459.imageshack.us/img459/8743/arrow2zt.gifhttp://img459.imageshack.us/img459/8743/arrow2zt.gifhttp://img459.imageshack.us/img459/8743/arrow2zt.gifhttp://img459.imageshack.us/img459/8743/arrow2zt.gifhttp://img459.imageshack.us/img459/8743/arrow2zt.gifhttp://img459.imageshack.us/img459/8743/arrow2zt.gif

Madeleine
November 24th, 2005, 08:49 AM
This was like s6's nightwalkers, only this one was GOOD.

Elite Anubis Guard
November 24th, 2005, 01:21 PM
One can only wonder what the hell all those Baals are going to be doing.

Chaka's_Mum
November 24th, 2005, 10:20 PM
If the end of the ep was anything to go by, running a trendy cocktail bar with watchable entertainment and Chinese food to go.:p

I mean, they've even got a sexy hostess/manager type to welcome the clientele!

'scuse me. I haven't had any breakfast yet and my blood sugar's a bit low...;)

Tracy Jane
November 25th, 2005, 05:52 AM
If the end of the ep was anything to go by, running a trendy cocktail bar with watchable entertainment and Chinese food to go.:p

I mean, they've even got a sexy hostess/manager type to welcome the clientele!

'scuse me. I haven't had any breakfast yet and my blood sugar's a bit low...;)

Maybe SGC should employ a couple. Would sure make a change to Oatmeal, Fruitloops, Pizza and lemon chicken!

Elite Anubis Guard
November 26th, 2005, 02:31 AM
That ending just cracked me up.

Boobala
November 28th, 2005, 07:33 AM
That ending just cracked me up.

me too......

my favorite part the "Not Exactly" still hope for Sam and Jack.....
my mom thought they got married already........

xox

Elite Anubis Guard
November 28th, 2005, 10:26 AM
my favorite part the "Not Exactly" still hope for Sam and Jack.....
my mom thought they got married already........

Lol. Bet the shippers wished.

Commander Aegir
November 28th, 2005, 10:40 AM
You can tell Cliff Simon is South African, good voice either as normal or distored.

A lot of confusion when Sam is in the van with Barrett and the "not exactly" line comes up, shows that even though RDA isn't there they're keeping the relationship alive.

Jeffer
December 23rd, 2005, 08:30 PM
good ep

but whos the real baal the one that wen asleep or the one the chick said down with and was that chick a Goa'uld if so how come carter didn't say anything to barret

SeaBee
February 15th, 2006, 04:21 PM
This was a much better episode. I have always liked the Ba'al character.

The clone party at the end was a nice touch.

Dark Falcon
June 10th, 2006, 09:44 AM
This episode was one of the most astonishing episodes
since it involved Jaffa combat - ON EARTH!

The scene where the man was at his computer playing poker
was funny because, think about it; you have a normal, civilized
human being in a normal office building, but then some "uncivilized"
Jaffa warriors that look like gangsters come crashing into the
building and say, "WHERE IS OUR FALSE GOD?" That scene and
concept is something I never saw coming. Did anyone else here
like that scene? It reminds me of one of those Capital One Express
Card commercials...

Jaffa - "WHAT'S IN YOUR WALLET?"

Daniel's_twin
June 10th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I liked it. Teriffic humor. Had the guy been a history buff, I wonder what he would have said. :cool:

ChillinTheMost
June 12th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Yeah, it may not have generally been considered one of the best episodes, but I enjoyed it. The Ba'als were fun, the Jaffa-raiding-corporate-America was fun, I even enjoyed the beaming of an entire building into outer space to blow up. I don't get bogged down in too many reality issues. If they tell me they evacuated an area large enough to keep people from seeing the building disappear and then that they left some rubble there to deter more speculation, then I can buy it. And then later they do show that there is some skepticism to the story, but the newpapers really don't have anywhere to go with it without creating some outlandish story like alien spaceships;) , so I can believe the stories would die fast.

david2708
August 10th, 2006, 03:48 PM
What a piece of drivel this ep was. Absolute crud. Any ep written by M & M these days I just avoid as I know it's likely to be rubbish.

phaeton
August 10th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Yeah, it may not have generally been considered one of the best episodes, but I enjoyed it. The Ba'als were fun, the Jaffa-raiding-corporate-America was fun, I even enjoyed the beaming of an entire building into outer space to blow up. I don't get bogged down in too many reality issues. If they tell me they evacuated an area large enough to keep people from seeing the building disappear and then that they left some rubble there to deter more speculation, then I can buy it. And then later they do show that there is some skepticism to the story, but the newpapers really don't have anywhere to go with it without creating some outlandish story like alien spaceships;) , so I can believe the stories would die fast.

Well Said :)

On realism of ep it wasn't the best, I thought that the main building with naquadah in it, when it disappeared may have been seen by people in a neighbouring building, perhaps in future we may see if someone did see something.

Overall ep was average I'd give it an 7.75

JedI Master of the Gate
August 11th, 2006, 07:56 AM
I realy liked it! Especially the scene with Prometheus in front of Earth, that was just beautiful!

But it raised a few questines, that I want answerd:

1.Mitchell mentioned something about it not being the first thing they had to cover up when referring to Baal's bomb building, could this meen that other buildings have gone BOOM because of alien influence and been covered up.

2.What part of Baal is cloned, is it both the host, and gau'ald, or just the host with the mind of the gau'ald?

cafine_us
August 11th, 2006, 09:55 AM
2.What part of Baal is cloned, is it both the host, and gau'ald, or just the host with the mind of the gau'ald?
In season 10 Insiders, we learn both the host and the symbiote are cloned. Doctors perform DNA tests on both to confirm that they are identical.

phaeton
August 11th, 2006, 04:50 PM
1.Mitchell mentioned something about it not being the first thing they had to cover up when referring to Baal's bomb building, could this meen that other buildings have gone BOOM because of alien influence and been covered up.

I think what Mitchell meant were the past cover ups ie the fight over Antartica, the battles in space above Earth, Replicators ivasion of Russian sub etc.

JedI Master of the Gate
August 11th, 2006, 05:33 PM
I think what Mitchell meant were the past cover ups ie the fight over Antartica, the battles in space above Earth, Replicators ivasion of Russian sub etc.

Yeah thats what I cind of figered, but still it would be intresting (and most likely controversial) where it's reavealed that something like, or even the actrul events 9/11 was not carried out by Al-Qaeda, but by Anubis, or another Gau'ald, and then covered up.

PG15
August 11th, 2006, 11:07 PM
Any ep written by M & M these days I just avoid as I know it's likely to be rubbish.

What did you think of Siege part 2 and Camelot? Just askin' ;)

david2708
August 12th, 2006, 12:08 AM
What did you think of Siege part 2 and Camelot? Just askin' ;)
I haven't seen these.
It's their strike rate that I find quite bad.
For everyone decent ep they may write, they then will pen about eight mundane to stinker type episodes.
I really think they are primarily responsible for the show's demise-quality wise.

Admiral Mappalazarou
August 25th, 2006, 05:10 AM
See what they did to that skyscraper? - That's what I intent to do to SciFi HQ.

Nice ep, the Free Jaffa Nation scenes bore me in every episode though.

H Louise
December 14th, 2006, 07:06 AM
Does anybody know who the four Jaffa were that were glaring at Mitchell at the Council meeting? They had symbols that I could not recognise.

Arctic Goddess
December 14th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Does anybody know who the four Jaffa were that were glaring at Mitchell at the Council meeting? They had symbols that I could not recognise.

Sorry, no. That was probably to show that there were many more Goa'uld than the ones we met through the first 8 seasons.

I loved the episode because it had my favorite bad guy in it.

Carter1994
June 2nd, 2007, 09:08 AM
Why do so many people hate this episode? I thought is was great. Ba'al is hilarious, and having a bunch of him just makes it that much more fun. I enjoyed it, especially when I watched it again last week. (third time's alway's the best, don't cha know.

placid
July 3rd, 2007, 07:01 AM
Who was that guy Sam was talking to in the van?

To all the nitpicking that's already been covered, I have one to add:

When the Jaffa raid the building after landing their ship on top, that VP woman is standing there watching the security monitors... what the hell? In the middle of the night, the right-hand woman is doing the work of the lowest level grunt? c'mon...

Also, what's with the way Louis G delivers his lines? Sometimes there are pauses inbetween words that might've been intended for dramatic effect, but sound like's he's forgotten what he was going to say (funniest one is in "beachhead", near the end he goes "We... shall. See.").

PG15
July 3rd, 2007, 11:20 AM
^It's the Kirk Syndrome. ;)

General David Niemi
July 5th, 2007, 06:53 AM

What?!

Carter1994
July 5th, 2007, 09:11 AM
Who was that guy Sam was talking to in the van?
Are you refering to Agent Barrett?

Could you repeat that? :S

PG15
July 5th, 2007, 11:10 AM
Nope, you guys figure it out. :p

Krisz
July 5th, 2007, 07:19 PM

LOL!

suse
July 5th, 2007, 08:38 PM
This ep was such crap. Multi-Baals? So now they don't even have to use the sarc to resurrect him. There are just... more. <sigh> And take Sam's techie brains away from her so Baal "outsmarts" them. Riiight...

I'm still trying to figure out why beyond wanting to use the hunky Cliff Simon a lot :) Baal didn't just clone just the symbiote and go into multiple fresh hosts. They'd never find him!

And let's not forget the whole "We can beam a *whole building* into space to blow up and no satellites with catch it. And people will believe the building collapsed in a major city - leaving no rubble." :(

<self snip>
Yikes! I'm getting details confused with Insiders...

What did I like? The absence of early-S9 Vala.

suse

Carter1994
July 6th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Nope, you guys figure it out. :p
Oh, you- you- fiend! Cad! Rotter! :mad: :o Come on, fess up, please?! :( I thought the Kirk syndrome was the falling for a girl thing. PLEASE TELL!!! :confused:

*EDIT* Ah, thank you :D

DSG1
February 9th, 2009, 02:20 PM
This is one of my favorite Ba'al episodes.

I liked the clones.

Replicator Todd
March 4th, 2009, 06:39 PM
I enjoye these kind of episodes taking place on Earth, especially ones involving The Trust. I liked how the Goa'uld were still causing problems after season 8, we didn't get lost in all the Ori stuff.

GateTrek2004
March 8th, 2009, 10:03 PM
So what exactly did Sam mean when Agent Barret Said " So your Single Again?" And Sam Replied "Not Exactly"? She's standing there looking like shes defently hiding something.

Always wondered what she meant, as as far as i can remember after she Broke her engagement with Pete, she was from this point on Single and was not seeing anyone.

GateTrek2004
March 8th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Where can i get Ba'al's T-Shirt with his Logo on it??? Its freaking awesome!

leiasky
March 9th, 2009, 02:11 PM
So what exactly did Sam mean when Agent Barret Said " So your Single Again?" And Sam Replied "Not Exactly"? She's standing there looking like shes defently hiding something.

Always wondered what she meant, as as far as i can remember after she Broke her engagement with Pete, she was from this point on Single and was not seeing anyone.

It's assumed that she was dating Jack but because of their positions in the Stargate program kept that information quiet.

Their involvement was confirmed, unless one is living in that lovely land of denial, in the deleted scenes of the SGA Season 4 episode 'Trio'.

GateTrek2004
March 9th, 2009, 09:32 PM
It's assumed that she was dating Jack but because of their positions in the Stargate program kept that information quiet.

Their involvement was confirmed, unless one is living in that lovely land of denial, in the deleted scenes of the SGA Season 4 episode 'Trio'.

Cool! Thanks! I'll have to pull out the DVD for S4 and watch the deleted scene for that Episode.

leiasky
March 10th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Cool! Thanks! I'll have to pull out the DVD for S4 and watch the deleted scene for that Episode.

I'd had the box set for months before I watched the deleted scenes. Imagine my shock when I finally did see it. I think I squeed very loudly.

TPTB drop hints (the password to her personal files is FISHING) in a few episodes in season 9 and 10, this is just one of them.

morjana
March 27th, 2009, 08:38 PM
SG1 - SFX Magazine: 25 Best/Worst TV Episode Titles:

At SFX Magazine (http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=the_worst_tv_episode_titles1):

The vast majority of telefantasy episode titles are functional, descriptive and workmanlike, littered with such oft-used phrases as 'The Return of…", “The Revenge Of…”, “Doomsday” and "The Escape". But occasionally shows come up with titles that fire the imagination or even make you smile. Similarly, some just make you cringe. Certain shows are masters of the bizarre episode title (The Avengers, The Middleman), while others are just plain lazy or reliant on bad puns (Smallville, Charmed, Sliders).

So here are SFX’s pick of the best and worst episode titles ever. To be fair, the Best list could have been filled with The Avengers and The Middleman, so we've limited each show to one entry in each list. Except one show… as you'll find out.

THE TOP 25 WORST EPISODE TITLES

... 7 “Ex Deus Machina” Stargate SG-1
Erm, any reason for swapping round the words?

Jumper_One
March 31st, 2009, 04:53 PM
Finally, sometime last week, some website put together a list of their favorite episode titles. Alas, Stargate failed to make the list. To rectify that oversight, I’ve decided to put together a list of My Top 10 Favorite Stargate Titles:

1) Ex Deus Machina: When this episode aired, some fans were livid because they assumed we’d unwittingly screwed up the Latin. Well, yes, we did screw up the Latin - but wittingly. The story involved System Lord Baal making his way to Earth. “Maybe he becomes a mechanic,”I suggested. “Then we could call it Deus Ex Mechanic.” “Better yet,”said Paul. “He’s a former god. We should call is Ex Deus Machina.” So we did.
http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2009/03/31/march-31-2009-my-five-second-stint-as-a-camera-operator-the-kino-revealed-and-my-top-10-favorite-stargate-episode-titles/

leiasky
March 31st, 2009, 05:10 PM
Love the reason they titled it the way they did.

The best part of the episode, in my opinion, remains Sam's 'not exactly' when Barrett asks her if she's single again.

Jason
July 12th, 2009, 03:19 AM
I very much enjoyed this episode. It was cool when Cam got them to take their SG-1 patches.

This point has been raised, but how in the heck do people not know about any kind of alien activity on Earth? Are people that stupid? I mean, someone's gotta have seen the uncloaked ship parked in the middle of buildings. Or the Jaffa landing to take Baal. Or maybe the fact that their was no explosion should tipped someone off. Surely someone caught that on tape.

I don't know. I love this show to death, and am really liking this season. But their are too many things for everyone to have missed.

Ulkesh47
July 16th, 2009, 09:51 AM
THE TOP 25 WORST EPISODE TITLES

... 7 “Ex Deus Machina” Stargate SG-1
Erm, any reason for swapping round the words?
Ba'al was a Goa'uld System Lord. Now he's more like a regular guy. "From God, Machina" instead of "From Machina, God".

I know there are Latin intricacies I'm missing, but that's how I understand it.

vzzzzzbx
July 16th, 2009, 05:09 PM
Bit of a 'take it or leave it' episode for me. One thing I noticed, why does one of the Baal's say "think I'll turn in…we have a big day ahead of us tomorrow" since when do Goa'uld need sleep, did he clone his sarcophagus over and over as well? Or do they just take turns, flip a coin or something :D

Rorah
July 25th, 2009, 07:08 AM
The best part of the episode, in my opinion, remains Sam's 'not exactly' when Barrett asks her if she's single again.

I so agree.I was jumping from my couch when I heard that.
:love: S/J forever

I like the episode, Ba'al is just one of my favs.
But in the end it is kinda weird that nobody noticed anything.I mean, come on, a building disappeared into thin air(well, we know it hasn't but that's what people would believe),there was not a sound of an explosion nor were any parts of the building left and they wanna tell me that not a single person noticed something.On the other hand even if somebody had what could the person do about it.

mrscopterdoc
April 2nd, 2010, 07:21 PM
600 channels and nothing to watch :P how true. I love Ba'al!

maneth
December 5th, 2010, 08:31 AM
Yeah, and all those clones. Cool. I figured the name of the ep had something to do with Ba'al's ex-god status. And yeah, loved the "not exactly".

Jae'a
April 10th, 2012, 11:24 AM
My LiveJournal post (http://jo-r-lee.livejournal.com/47982.html)

Good stuff.
And about the woman in the end scene - She's got Ba'als! (AC/DC anyone?) ;)

Where can i get Ba'al's T-Shirt with his Logo on it??? Its freaking awesome!
I loved that one of the clones had that shirt, nice touch. :D
(I think I'd rather have one with Yu's symbol though)

mathpiglet
April 10th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I love that the original name of the episode was "Great Baals of Fire".

Good episode. I do like the Goa'uld Bad Guy episodes better than the Ori ones.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
April 10th, 2012, 03:55 PM
The episode was as good as Beachhead, but not better.
Loved the scene with Prometheus and the Moon.
The clones were odd, though.
Agreed with all points

Prometheus beaming up the building, and letting it blow up, was cool.

Tomorrow, I haven't seen it in a while.

syncline
April 10th, 2012, 10:54 PM
I love that the original name of the episode was "Great Baals of Fire".
I bet the entire Ba'al cloning thing was just for the purpose of giving people the opportunity to make "Ba'als" jokes :D

Lieutenant Sparrow
April 11th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Not much to say except that it's awesome to have so many Ba'als. :baal:

Beaming the building into space was pretty awesome as well.

Krisz
April 12th, 2012, 03:28 PM
One of my favourite episodes of the season just for the sheer fun of watching Ba'al making himself at home on Earth. He's got the suit, the style and already head of a corporation! One shrewd Goa'uld, if you can't beat the Tau'ri join 'em! :D

syncline
April 13th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I love that all his ties are gold. Like he misses his System Lord bling and can't go out without wearing something shiny :)

jelgate
April 14th, 2012, 04:01 PM
This is a good one because of expanding plot lines from this season and a few story lines and a few from S8. I thought Ba'al hiding on Earth was an interesting storyline. Makes me wonder why some of his clones choose to stay on Earth. What was thier goal of being in charge of the Goa'uld Trust. Its such a pity future episode never explained why Ba'al was hiding on Earth. This was also good for the Teal'c and Gerek rivilary. I always liked these two butting heads with one another because of their two different ideologies. I thought the idea of making the building a naqudah bomb was a great idea. Its too bad the SyFy promo ruined that plot twist for us. On the inverse beaming the whole building into space seems like one of the stupidest conclusions out there. It seem implausable that they could keep that out of the public's nose

Matt G
April 17th, 2012, 03:38 PM
1. Gerak is dumber than I thought he was.

2. Ah...the Ba'al on Earth plot, missed that first time round.

3. "Ba'al can't be in two places at once". Five seconds later..."yes he can".

4. Still not sure why Teal'c was based off Earth this long but meh...

5. Did anyone catch Ba'al's Earth alias?

Pretty fun ep.

Cluas
February 12th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Great to see Baal again. Garek is going to be a problem. Good, different episode

:indeed:

Baron Of Hell
August 13th, 2013, 01:59 PM
I didn't hate or like this episode. I do enjoy Baal and his lady friend was nice on eyes. The B plot was interesting. This seems like a episode I would like but it just didn't grab me. I'm not sure why.