PDA

View Full Version : Salem's Lot - The Movie

Elwe Singollo
June 22nd, 2004, 08:49 PM
Anyone catch the first part on TNT? I saw it, it was slow at first, it started to get freaky at the end of the first part, now i'm watching the second part, looks interesting, but its a simple vampire movie really, thats imo.

D.C.
June 22nd, 2004, 10:41 PM
Is that the mini-series starring Rob Lowe that was filmed in Australia recently?

Elwe Singollo
June 22nd, 2004, 10:42 PM
I think so, not sure :)

D.C.
June 22nd, 2004, 10:43 PM
Is Rob Lowe in it?

Elwe Singollo
June 22nd, 2004, 10:47 PM
Yes, he is, he did great in the movie:)

D.C.
June 22nd, 2004, 10:50 PM
Probably is then. So it's pretty decent? Some of King's mini-series are cool. The Shining and The Storm of the Century are pretty cool. :)

Elwe Singollo
June 22nd, 2004, 11:55 PM
Stephen King's last series that was on TV, Kingdom Hospital wasn't so 'wow', haha... But this movie did good, but i just disliked how some characters died, and yah... But hey, what is a Stephan King novel/movie/etc without death.. Well the ones i've seen/read, always include death somewhere..

D.C.
June 23rd, 2004, 03:42 AM
Heh, yeah even his different stuff like The Green Mile even has death. (I've only seen the Frank Darabont movie though, I haven't read the book. :))

KorbenDirewolf
June 23rd, 2004, 09:39 AM
Is this the new 'Salem's Lot or the old 'Salem's Lot?

Elwe Singollo
June 23rd, 2004, 12:53 PM
The new one, that aired recently on TNT, but if you live overseas (which i do, but i travel alot hehe) you may not know what TNT is haha..

KorbenDirewolf
June 23rd, 2004, 09:10 PM
Sure I do. TNT is a commonly used name for trinitrotoluene which is a flammable toxic compound used as a high explosive and in chemical synthesis. :p

Haven't managed to see the new version yet.

Elwe Singollo
June 23rd, 2004, 09:12 PM
I was disappointed for the first part, way- to slow imo.. :( The little thing that freaked me out was the children scenes in the movie, it was pretty scary :(