PDA

View Full Version : Tripping The Rift

Jprime
June 22nd, 2004, 07:22 PM
Awesome show eh?

ShadowMaat
June 22nd, 2004, 07:24 PM
Yeah, about as awesome as a root canal with no anesthetic.

Elwe Singollo
June 23rd, 2004, 12:50 AM
Hey! Some people think thats awesome! Well i'm not one of them, haha... I think this funny is halrious, but really stupid...

Jprime
June 23rd, 2004, 05:15 AM
Somehow I think thats the point... ;)

5aret
June 23rd, 2004, 09:07 AM
ya, I think SciFi outdid itself with the show being stupid and making no sense.... LOL

Anthro Girl
June 23rd, 2004, 09:12 AM
Yeah, about as awesome as a root canal with no anesthetic.

Goodness me, Shadow. Aren't you being a little generous? ;)

ShadowMaat
June 23rd, 2004, 09:56 AM
Goodness me, Shadow. Aren't you being a little generous? ;)
How about it being as much fun as having your head amputated with a rusty spoon? And being headless is about the only way you can derive any enjoyment from such a vile, trite, pointless, dehumanizing, immoral, vulgar and worthless chunk of sewage? :)

Just MHO, of course...

Jprime
June 23rd, 2004, 10:13 AM
dehumanizing?

5aret
June 23rd, 2004, 10:14 AM
I think that was a little harsh dont you think? I guess it could be good for people who are kinda....... like me for example. LOL

Jprime
June 23rd, 2004, 10:15 AM
I know what you mean man! ;)

ShadowMaat
June 23rd, 2004, 11:42 AM
I think that was a little harsh dont you think?
If anything, I'm not harsh enough, but the PG format of this board prevents me from fully expressing the depths of my revulsion regarding this piece of [expletive deleted].

Jprime
June 23rd, 2004, 01:36 PM
Soooooo...

Im guessing you DONT find it humorous and enlightening? ;)

Anthro Girl
June 23rd, 2004, 06:31 PM
Okay, so maybe I'm being too generous. ;) After all, I only watched five minutes of the first show and about three minutes of the second, but it's not for me. And no, it isn't because I'm prudish. I just didn't "get it". I'll take Ren & Stimpy any day. :p

Jprime
June 23rd, 2004, 06:34 PM
The first show was originally released on the net and included full frontal nudity as one of its prime selling points (pun intended). This was later removed by the wussy Scifi channel as proof of thier Supreme Wussyness...

Anthro Girl
June 24th, 2004, 01:26 AM
The first show was originally released on the net and included full frontal nudity as one of its prime selling points (pun intended). This was later removed by the wussy Scifi channel as proof of thier Supreme Wussyness...

Actually, that would probably be proof of their desire to stay in business. ;)

LoneStar1836
June 24th, 2004, 02:05 AM
I despise this show along with the other crappy, to put it nicely, SCIFI programs like Scare Tactics, Mad Mad House, and Tremors. They are all cheap trash and easy for the channel to churn out. They could have taken the money wasted on these and used it to produce the final season of Farscape that they had promised. That was a quality show, IMO.

If you like those shows, don't take offense, you're entitled to your opinion, I just think they are a waste of time and brain cells.

Jprime
June 24th, 2004, 06:25 AM
Well the thing is, TTR KNOWS its not quality, provocatinve and intriguing tv! It proudly sells itself as adult humor for a young adult male demographic! Its COMEDY folks! Who cares if its demoralizing or any of the other stuff Shadow mentioned? Its supposed to be funny and from what ive seen lots of people in the demographic agree that it succeeds at that! :cool:

ShadowMaat
June 24th, 2004, 06:27 AM
I don't find it even remotely funny. I find it sick and horrible and offensive with not one single thing to recommend it in the slightest.

Nolamom
June 24th, 2004, 06:50 AM
I don't find it even remotely funny. I find it sick and horrible and offensive with not one single thing to recommend it in the slightest.
Amen! The animation isn't even that good.

Jprime
June 24th, 2004, 09:19 AM

Dare I ask wich episode you watched? What bits specifically did you find most horrible?

ShadowMaat
June 24th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Dare I ask wich episode you watched? What bits specifically did you find most horrible?
I saw the short that started it all. It was part of a festival of shorts special on SCIFI. I wanted to see a fullscreen version of 405 the Movie, so I had to suffer through all the other cr@p as well. Words cannot express the depth of my repugnance for what I saw. I've also caught a few of the commercials on SCIFI which lead me to believe that the show is just as bad as the short... if not worse.

Jprime
June 24th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Oh the original one with frontal nudity?

AbydosTraveller
June 30th, 2004, 09:56 AM
Tripping the Rift is funny, but rude. It makes no sense, and I find myself replused at one point, then laughing at another. But my final conclusion is that they should have done something else with the time and money.

Is it suppossed to make sense?

Jprime
June 30th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Oh course it doesn't make sense! It's the SCIFI's first comedy since LEXX!

ShadowMaat
June 30th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Who would have thought they could find a show that makes Lexx look good... :P

Anthro Girl
June 30th, 2004, 10:43 PM
Oooh...ouch. Now that's harsh! :p

Jprime
July 1st, 2004, 10:55 AM
Who would have thought they could find a show that makes Lexx look good... :P

LEXX RULES!

Ancient 1
August 7th, 2004, 10:20 PM
Soooooo...

Im guessing you DONT find it humorous and enlightening? ;)
Humorous...at times. Enlightening; I think NOT! However, in an odd, way I appreciated the Evil Clown Empire. Teh beauty pagent ep and the reality show were semi okay.

Bey0nd
June 27th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Tripping the Rift - The Movie (2008)

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809973697/info

Morbo
June 27th, 2008, 07:52 AM
the show was a laughless pile of garbage.
the movie will tank. another pointless venture.