Thanks to Ewokmonster for the heads up!

Craig Kilborn Show
http://www.cbs.com/latenight/latelate/guest/

The line up for Wednesday, June 23rd is:

Wednesday, June 23
Richard Dean Anderson (Stargate: SG1)
Julie Delpy (Before Sunset)
Jeff Hannah

The Craig Kilborn Show appears on the CBS Network. Check your local listings for air time (usally on after the David Letterman Show, so it will be early Thursday morning.)

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Elwe Singollo
June 22nd, 2004, 08:02 PM
oooo, yay! I can't wait :)

Ace
June 22nd, 2004, 08:05 PM
You would think that RDA would appear on the much better and far funnier late night show, Conan, seeing as Stargate has been getting alot of publicity from Conan and it's on at the same time as Craig Kilborn.

So which do I record? Conan or Craig Kilborn? I hate these kinds of decisions...I guess I'll record Conan but watch Kilborn. I hate doing that, but it must be done I guess! =)

Ace

Elwe Singollo
June 22nd, 2004, 08:06 PM
Since comedy central reruns Conan, i don't think you have to tape anything, well maybe you do just in case... Yah, i like both shows though :)

Anthro Girl
June 22nd, 2004, 08:21 PM
Thanks to Ewokmonster for the heads up!

Craig Kilborn Show
http://www.cbs.com/latenight/latelate/guest/

The line up for Wednesday, June 23rd is:

Wednesday, June 23
Richard Dean Anderson (Stargate: SG1)
Julie Delpy (Before Sunset)
Jeff Hannah

Check your listings! According to the search menu on my DVR, the show with Julie Delpy is slated for 12:35AM (Eastern/Pacific) Thursday, but it is listed as Wednesday, 6/23 on the CBS web site. So I'm recording both. :D

Chevron_nine
June 23rd, 2004, 08:50 AM
Check your listings! According to the search menu on my DVR, the show with Julie Delpy is slated for 12:35AM (Eastern/Pacific) Thursday, but it is listed as Wednesday, 6/23 on the CBS web site. So I'm recording both. :D

Well, both are right. Craig Kilborn technically shows from Tuesday to Saturday every week since it starts after midnight, but CBS "pretends" that it shows from monday to friday, because it's probably easier for viewers to understand. RDA will be on Tonight, late night on wednesday, or technically very early on thursday morning.

elhSG1
June 23rd, 2004, 10:57 AM
Cool, I need to go set my VCR now!!!!!

petzke_42
June 23rd, 2004, 11:07 AM
You would think that RDA would appear on the much better and far funnier late night show, Conan, seeing as Stargate has been getting alot of publicity from Conan and it's on at the same time as Craig Kilborn.

Yeah...he should be on Conan... :(

Either way, its good to see Stargate getting some publicity.

Gilder
June 23rd, 2004, 02:13 PM
Hmmm...a REASON for me to be up that late!

Gilder
*not the only nightowl on the family tree*

Anthro Girl
June 23rd, 2004, 05:28 PM
RDA will be on Tonight, late night on wednesday, or technically very early on thursday morning.

Yep. Well, the DVR just interprets the date/time, so it lists Thursday, not Wednesday. I've had the downloaded searchable listings be wrong on me before, so I tend to be cautious.

Sela
June 23rd, 2004, 07:22 PM
You would think that RDA would appear on the much better and far funnier late night show, Conan, seeing as Stargate has been getting alot of publicity from Conan....

What type of publicity has Stargate been getting on Conan's show? This is the first I heard of it.

Xerom
June 23rd, 2004, 08:42 PM
yay...its on now..*runs off to watch*

would have been awesome to have him on Conan but i guess we'll have to settle with Craig

Sela: Conan did this little segment with a guy in a couch complaining about how Daniel wasnt on SG anymore or something...

Mike
June 23rd, 2004, 08:49 PM
Watching it now. Commercial break, then RDA!

Ewokmonster
June 23rd, 2004, 08:51 PM

Ace

From that bit about the Farmer's Market, it seems that Kilborn is filmed in L.A. Conan is in New York, so that's probably why RDA is on Kilborn instead of Conan.

Xerom
June 23rd, 2004, 08:54 PM
omg..that preview..was this from S8? awesome! :D

Mike
June 23rd, 2004, 08:54 PM
Season 8 clip! Can someone identify that episode?

gange57
June 23rd, 2004, 08:59 PM
That clip from season eight looked great! I can't for the new season!

Mike
June 23rd, 2004, 09:10 PM
RDA was great on there, that was awesome. Can't wait for Season 8.

Chevron_nine
June 23rd, 2004, 09:16 PM
Season 8 clip! Can someone identify that episode?

I'm trying to avoid spoilers, but it looks to me like it's from the first two episodes, New Order.

Was is just my tv or were the sound effects not finished for the gun thing when it was shot. For me it was completely silent when it was fired.

Wrathox
June 23rd, 2004, 09:25 PM
No, it was silent for me too. That was an awesome clip can't wait.

Only 15 days!!!

Liebestraume
June 23rd, 2004, 09:41 PM
Was it just me, or did anyone else think that "gun" was funny looking? Like something you could have picked up from Toys R Us?

Also, RDA kept pulling at his jacket during that interview. What's up with that?

Shipperahoy
June 23rd, 2004, 09:49 PM
It's not on for a couple more hours here and I have to get up early so I don't know if I'll be able to stay up for it. Darn it. Did Craig do the 5 questions bit with RDA?

JakeDeuxPointZero
June 23rd, 2004, 09:49 PM
Hmm... well, someone started a thread in General Discussion, so I used that to discuss my theories on this clip. Anyways, I'll state again what I think the gun is... potential good-guess-type spoiler.

It appears that the Asgard have finally found a way to combat the Replicators. Dunno... just a theory, but the guy did fall to small pieces.

Liebestraume
June 23rd, 2004, 09:54 PM
Did Craig do the 5 questions bit with RDA?
Yep, and the last one was a "gag question." :D

Ewokmonster
June 23rd, 2004, 09:59 PM
Was it just me, or did anyone else think that "gun" was funny looking? Like something you could have picked up from Toys R Us?

Also, RDA kept pulling at his jacket during that interview. What's up with that?

He does that a lot. I've watched a lot of interviews with RDA, and he's usually pulling down the front of his shirt or jacket.

Elwe Singollo
June 23rd, 2004, 10:18 PM
Yah, i it was silent, but it made me more excited for the premiere!!!

Alexeil
June 23rd, 2004, 11:28 PM
Gah, I missed the episode by like 2 hours :( This is what I get for not checking this site often enough. Hopefully I can catch the repeat sometime.

Elwe Singollo
June 24th, 2004, 12:10 AM
Does Comedy Centrail repeat all late night talk shows?

w1cket01
June 24th, 2004, 12:13 AM
I enjoyed the interview alot. Though I wished I could see the clip again. It didn't quite catch what was going on but I loved how the asgard peeked out at the end.

Elwe Singollo
June 24th, 2004, 12:34 AM
Yah, it was a quick clip, although a very nice clip, haha.. From what i remember, maybe it was a replicator (i forgot haha) and he was shooting at Daniel, Jack and Teal'c, and Jack got this weird weapon and fired it at the person who was shooting at them. It like totally incinerated the guy, and i think it was Thor who popped up, haha...

petzke_42
June 24th, 2004, 12:37 AM
He does that a lot. I've watched a lot of interviews with RDA, and he's usually pulling down the front of his shirt or jacket.

He probably just thinks hes fat.

(You crazy slashers......)

Someone should capture it and put it up for dl so those that didn't see it can.

Anthro Girl
June 24th, 2004, 12:43 AM
I don't think Comedy Central repeats the Kilborn show. It isn't listed on their site anyway.

Elwe Singollo
June 24th, 2004, 12:48 AM
sad:( wah! Now i can't see the wig again :( Haha.

Anthro Girl
June 24th, 2004, 12:53 AM
Don't worry. I'm sure someone will have it posted somewhere by morning. He (RDA) was a good sport for donning the wig.

Elwe Singollo
June 24th, 2004, 01:03 AM
I'm happy that hes happy, well it seemed like he was happy :) Yah, he was a good sport, haha, he didn't show any sighns of resistance though.

elhSG1
June 24th, 2004, 06:09 AM
I taped and watched it this morning before work, it was pretty good. Liked seeing the clip for season 8, didn't think we'd ever see anything before it airs.

Larry The Chevron Guy
June 24th, 2004, 06:29 AM
Is the clip on the net yet?

tera'ngan
June 24th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Yeah, RDA definitely did not look comfortable in that jacket. Why wear it, I wonder?
Mullet aside, IMHO he is one of those men who looks better with "a little" grey. But, then again, I'm not much of a mullet fan, so maybe I just can't see past that . . . ;) The wig bit was funny, though!

-tera'ngan

Livi2Jack
June 24th, 2004, 08:41 AM
I taped it and watched it frame by frame afterwards. IMHO:

1. RDA was annoyed at the host for a)not doing enough homework to know his guest was on Stargate SG ONE not I....sheesh; b)for discussing 30 year old injuries not his current EIGHT YEAR hit show; c)asking Stupid questions (salad dressing yes or no?); d) not asking about Wylie after all the hints; and D) THE WIG.

2. RDA is a man who knows exactly how to work his image to fit the camera. He knows where it is at all times. He knows he wants to be seen in profile most of the time. He knows his smile is infectious and manipulates his face to give exact smiles for a desired effect.

3. He is tired of Macgyver. In putting on the wig, he was behaving as a consumate professional and hated it. When the wig was pushed high, he looked like himself 20 years ago, so he pulled it lower on his forehead to distance himself rather than go for an exact match which was captured in only a few scenes. Then he went into general mugging for the camera. One can only imagine what went on during the cut out scenes until they showed him again with it on.

This interviewer was clumsy and unprepared. I imagine RDA will never favor this guy again. And RDA was looking Hot, and I mean Hot.

elhSG1
June 24th, 2004, 09:46 AM
Now that I've had more time to think about it, I do have to say I was a bit disappointed in the questions that were asked, thought they might be a bit more related to Stargate, I think they talked more about MacGyver.

Ace
June 24th, 2004, 09:54 AM
Now that I've had more time to think about it, I do have to say I was a bit disappointed in the questions that were asked, thought they might be a bit more related to Stargate, I think they talked more about MacGyver.

They did talk about MacGyver more than Stargate, I think the only time Stargate was mentioned was right after the clip of Season 8 they showed. Very disappointing! I was hoping for more, but did not expect it!!

I agree with Livi2Jack on all the points they made, they were my pet peeves for what Kilborn did/did not do. However I'm not sure if RDA was annoyed at Kilborn or not. Although I was!

Ace

Elwe Singollo
June 24th, 2004, 10:00 AM
Yah, i thought Craig Kilborn was kind of stupid to say "SG i", i'm like, waht a blind retard, but ya know, hes funny everynow and then, haha... But at least the audience knew! Unlike Conan's audience.. :)

I did sense a little '%$@%' but ya, i'm just saying he liked talking about his trips and daughter, it was nice :)

Chevron_nine
June 24th, 2004, 10:18 AM
Well, I have it captured on my computer, but I only get CBS over-the-air, so there's quite a bit of snow in the picture. If anyone has some webspace I'd be glad to upload it.

Anthro Girl
June 24th, 2004, 10:27 AM
I haven't watched a late-night talk show since the days when my grandparents would watch Johnny Carson. If it hadn't been for the forum, I would have never watched the Kilborn show. Watching the Kilborn show confirmed my reasons for never watching it in the first place. ;) Given Kilborn's target demographic, I'm not surprised they talked about hockey, injuries and MacGyver instead of kids.

That said, it was nice to see RDA out and about. It was great to see the as-yet-unfinished clip! It also confirmed my suspicion that MacGyver - who is somewhat of a cultural icon - is still more popular in the minds of the average US audience than Stargate SG-1 is. Even now, MacGyver is getting more exposure than Stargate..at least in the US.

Elwe Singollo
June 24th, 2004, 10:35 AM
The show was on ABC, a bigger network with way more affiliates than Sci-fi and Showtime has, and it was really popular, so i don't blame the 'average american' for knowing more about Macgyver, although Kilborn should have weighed out the conversation better :)

Andron
June 24th, 2004, 11:08 AM
I thought, it was a neat interview. Now, I've seen this clip, I so can't wait for July 9!
Here you can download the interview which was ripped by Omega
http://lostoz.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1520

Elwe Singollo
June 24th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Thanks Andron :)

tera'ngan
June 24th, 2004, 11:37 AM
RDA made a comment about his daughter not being allowed on this show, like she had been on the "other one." To which other show was he referring, anyone know? I don't remember him being on another talk show of late . . .

Oh, and good point on the show host doing a poor job - I don't know that I would have necessarily "caught" that since I don't watch late show television and wouldn't have any comparison. But I was a bit surprised on the directions the conversation took.

Guess we know not to expect any more Stargate folks on Craig's show in the near future . . .

-tera'ngan

Anthro Girl
June 24th, 2004, 11:50 AM
RDA made a comment about his daughter not being allowed on this show, like she had been on the "other one." To which other show was he referring, anyone know? I don't remember him being on another talk show of late . . .

He was probably talking about his appearance on the Wayne Brady show last year (I think). His daughter was in the audience for that one. Then again, the demographic of the Wayne Brady (daytime, older women) show is 180 degrees from the Craig Kilborn (late-night, younger men) show.

taupecat
June 24th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Thank goodness for TiVo. I would never have been able to stay up.

My thoughts...

Waaaayyyy too much talk about hockey. I guess it's a Minnesota thing.

Would have liked at least one of the 5 questions to be about Stargate. The question about salad dressing? Puh-leaze.

Too much talking about MacGyver, too. Come on folks. That show was like, what, 15 years ago? At least! Get with the times. (Although, I have to admit the remark about how much chocolate it would've taken to stop the acid was funny. Fortunately that's one of the few MacGyver eps I've seen so I knew what he was talking about.)

They seemed to harp a bit on how "dense" O'Neill is. Hmmm... Oh, and RDA mentioned (for the umpteenth time) how he could never get his hair to do what Kurt Russell's did. Yeah, we get that.

While a clip, any clip is welcome, I'm not sure that the one they showed really "captured" O'Neill. Well, on second thought, he blows something up and then follows it with a smart-ass remark so, okay, maybe it does capture him. Clips on these shows always seem to be cut at weird places.

Did I mention waaaayyy too much talk about hockey? Good.

The wig thing was funny, but at the same time I really felt bad for RDA. It was really silly, but he was a good sport about it.

It's just nice that Stargate is getting a bit of recognition on some of the late night shows, although I agree that it would have made more sense for him to be on Conan given the whole "Recliner of Rage" thing. Hopefully RDA (or another cast member) will make it to Leno or Letterman someday, but I won't hold my breath.

Alexeil
June 24th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the link! Just got to watch it. I agree with the whole not nearly enough SG1 talk. I could stand the MacGuyver talk, but the hockey stuff did seem kinda pointless. As did the 5 questions he asked him. RDA did seem a little nervous, but guess that comes from not getting to do enough talk shows. The filming for his daughter was cute. And of course seeing the clip was good. Can't wait for the new eps!

Elwe Singollo
June 24th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Question, i don't know much about Talk Shows, so yah, does everytime an actor on a TV shpw comes visit to a talk show, does the host have to ask them about their show, and not about their life and stuff, i've posted some comments, but i'm still wondering about this :)

Shipperahoy
June 24th, 2004, 03:26 PM
I thought that it was a great interview. In most of the talk show interviews I've seen the actor only spends a minute or two at most discussing the show or movie they're there to promote and the rest just talking generally so I wasn't really disapointed at that. And MacGyver is a pop culture icon so you knew they were going to bring that up. At least he's a good sport about it. Some actor's who's character's have a long shelf life refuse to even talk about the character (cough...certain Star Wars actors...cough) so it's nice that he will still go into it this many years later. The wig but was silly but boy was it funny. It was eerie how closely the wig resembled the mullet MacGyver do. Again, RDA sure is a good sport. And I too hope that RDA or one of the other Stargate actors goes on Conan. It seems fitting.

Larry The Chevron Guy
June 24th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Is this clip on the net yet?

docballen
June 24th, 2004, 06:46 PM
I watch "Creggers" all the time, but don't find him that funny-- he's on, and I'm awake and watching. (I missed the "Recliner of Rage" about Daniel Jackson -- I watch "Conehead" also)

Ya see, Kilborn thinks he's cool, and funny, and that's why the show is the way it is.

The "5 Questions" segments aren't supposed to be easy-- but you can tell if Kilborn is a fan of his guest by how he helps them with their answers. (He could have asked him questions about any of the programs he's been on-- a Legend question, perhaps?)

I just think it was cool that RDA was on advertising Stargate SG-1.

Feli
June 25th, 2004, 12:58 AM
Hopefully RDA (or another cast member) will make it to Leno or Letterman someday, but I won't hold my breath.
RDA used to be a regular on The Tonight Show in the 90ies, some years he'd appear two or three times a year. He hasn't done an appearance since STargate began but I'm still hoping that one day soon he'll find the time. He and Jay always had funny interviews going.

prion
June 25th, 2004, 03:47 AM
A transcript, and some screencaps, of RDA on Craig Kilborn, are now available at

http://www.stargatedanielfriendly.net/html2/rdakilborn.html

It's great if you don't have the time to download a clip.

SG1_Spoilme
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sg1_spoilme
Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis - News & Spoilers list

Larry The Chevron Guy
June 25th, 2004, 05:45 AM
Awsome! Thanks, Prion!

Elwe Singollo
June 25th, 2004, 01:24 PM
That does save time, although you would miss the actual visual of RDA with his wig, haha..

extaca
June 25th, 2004, 02:31 PM
I don't get it. What interview were some of you watching? RDA wasn't even close to being angry at Kilborn. I would say he was enjoying himself. Sure Craig is a bit of a nut but it is forgivable, especially to RDA, because he is from Minnesota. Minnesota boys stick together. I though it was a good interview and it got me really excited about the new season.

Elwe Singollo
June 25th, 2004, 07:10 PM
I didn't say he was getting mad, although i did say i could sense he may have, but since my friend taped it, i rewatched it, he seemed to be having a nice time :) But thats just me, theres other people :)

Selmak
June 28th, 2004, 12:07 PM
This is the first time I've seen the Kilborn's show... now I know I haven't missed out on anything. Conan is much better then he is.