This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sumuru in English, anyone?

Looking for info on Sumaru on DVD in English for those of us who are woefully monolingual... Main sites show nothing (or if they do, it's in german and i can't translate...), can't find anything in a Google search that isn't related to some anime by the same name...

Figured here was the place to ask !

Anyone? Info?

Bueller?

Thanks!

I think the actual movie is in 'english' but is sold by a foreign producer, or something like that.
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

As the plot is hardly interesting anyway, language doesn't matter, I think...just turn off the sound and watch MS

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
      Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
      ~CELLO!~
      ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Haha, its obviously a sci-fi movie for guys, cause its about a planet full of woman, ran by woman, and men are slaves, haha.. Well, if you like MS *and you a girl*, you'll still like the movie, thats my opinion.

Comment

Hey, I watched it on German tv dubbed German, which made it worse...although I didn't turn the sound off. Nice pictures.

~CELLO!~

Comment

Was it good? Haha...

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
              Was it good? Haha...
              Well, it was trashy, if you're into that kind of film But hey, it had MS in it, that was okay!

~CELLO!~

Comment

Yah, i usually watch movies (even that are bad) with familiar actors/actresses in it, so i'm looking forward to Sumaru, even if its crappy, haha...

Comment

btw, actually it's "Sumuru", with two "u"s.....

~CELLO!~

Comment

Originally posted by Iskandra
                    btw, actually it's "Sumuru", with two "u"s.....

That actually has 3 "u"s
                    "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Haha, yah, i was about to point the '3' u's part too...

So anyone else watch this movie? I want to know more about it, the trailer wasn't all that... great...

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
                        Haha, yah, i was about to point the '3' u's part too...

So anyone else watch this movie? I want to know more about it, the trailer wasn't all that... great...
                        Uuuh...I wrote that after I tought some classes yesterday.....*counts fingers* Okay, it has *no "o"s in it!

~CELLO!~

Comment

..or, what I usually say:
                          "I'm a linguist, not a mathematician!" (Remember Classic Star Trek?)

~CELLO!~

Comment

Hmm... I wonder if any network will air Sumuru... I would like to see it

Comment

Actually I thought it was pretty good for a low budget sci fi film. The women were dressed kind of trashy but Sumuru was an intelligent, caring queen open minded but not perfect. I thought she managed to be very sympathetic Michael was really great as Adam Wade. He was good with the snappy one liners AND managed to make the more serious scenes, seem serious. There is a great scene where he admits to Sumuru why he and his friend Jake have really come to their world and it could be considered a really well acted in any movie never mind a cheap b-movie. They were able to be light and not take themselves too seriously without falling into self-mockery or "winking at the audience" either and alot of that had to do with Michael's setting the tone as he was the leading man. He's a natural.

It's not a masterpiece or anything but as cheesy, b-movie fun it's...fun. Taxan, the antagononist, is so over the top and chews the scenery like she hasn't eaten in weeks. There is the requisite kid with a dog. The buddy of the male lead(here called Jake and he and Adam have some fun banter and a believeable friendship). Sumuru and Adam develop a pretty cool relationship. Again, not great but it's fairly decent and pretty character-driven for a movie of it's type. Michael is very good in it.

Comment

Working...
                              X