Daniel Jackson/Michael Shanks Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Frostfox
    Unfortunately, I have yet to find the right programme for the iBook, there have to be lots out there, Macs are designed for graphics but the first two I've tried don't have the fine control to get the exact frame I'm after.
    Foxy, I've got a G4 and use VLC, but found it leaves a LOT to be desired. The lack of step-frame control being the most aggravating thing. However, as it was a FREE app, I can't really complain . What are you using now?

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
      Foxy, I've got a G4 and use VLC, but found it leaves a LOT to be desired. The lack of step-frame control being the most aggravating thing. However, as it was a FREE app, I can't really complain . What are you using now?
      Mine is a G4 and it's VLC I was using and it was the lack of step-frame which was driving me bats too. Glad to know I wasn't the only one.
      There is a millisecond at the end of the scene in Evo II when Jack and Daniel are speaking to Burke and they glance at each other (I think he has just accused them of being into some weird **** - no kidding Sherlock) and I was trying desprately to catch it but couldn't.
      Blingy snatched the cute 3/4 bum shot for me, from Heros II, again my finger wasn't fast enough.

Eeeek, cold wet cat! Where did he get the wet from? It's not rained all day (I most likely don't want to know...) and he's pushed the door from the kitchen right open - like all cats, his ego needs a bigger gap to cat through than the cat himself.
      sigpic

Comment

Mine is a G4 and it's VLC I was using and it was the lack of step-frame which was driving me bats too. Glad to know I wasn't the only one.
        There is a millisecond at the end of the scene in Evo II when Jack and Daniel are speaking to Burke and they glance at each other (I think he has just accused them of being into some weird **** - no kidding Sherlock) and I was trying desprately to catch it but couldn't.
        Blingy snatched the cute 3/4 bum shot for me, from Heros II, again my finger wasn't fast enough.
        Argghhh...I know EXACTLY what you mean. It's always those very important milliseconds that elude me, too. I spent ages trying to cap a scene out of Small Victories with Daniel and Janet in the infirmary where both the flashing emergency lighting and their expressions were what I wanted. Finally got it, but don't think I'd want to waste so much time on a single shot again.

Daniel probably has his computer problems, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Seshat
          Argghhh...I know EXACTLY what you mean. It's always those very important milliseconds that elude me, too. I spent ages trying to cap a scene out of Small Victories with Daniel and Janet in the infirmary where both the flashing emergency lighting and their expressions were what I wanted. Finally got it, but don't think I'd want to waste so much time on a single shot again.

Daniel probably has his computer problems, too.
          So, show the cap you struggled so hard over. Daniel and Janet still counts as a double thunk to me (nothing if not flexble, me).
          sigpic

Comment

So, show the cap you struggled so hard over. Daniel and Janet still counts as a double thunk to me (nothing if not flexble, me).
            Believe it or not, it was this one:

There was just a split second where the red lighting illuminated both their faces and they looked up surprised at the sound of the siren the same time (AND the credits weren't obscuring them). For some reason it took me FOREVER to get. And the harder it was to cap, the more I wanted it .

Comment

It's a nice shot of both of them.

I'm enjoying 100 Greatest Cartoons on CH4, I'm a big anime and animation fan, looking forward to Top Cat and wondering if Gatchaman will get in (Battle of the Planets will but it's no where near as good). Oh, and Magic Roundabout, part of my childhood! Sorry, OT!!
              sigpic

Comment

I'm enjoying 100 Greatest Cartoons on CH4, I'm a big anime and animation fan, looking forward to Top Cat and wondering if Gatchaman will get in (Battle of the Planets will but it's no where near as good). Oh, and Magic Roundabout, part of my childhood! Sorry, OT!!
                It's still raining cats and dogs (and cows and small farm animals from the sound of the pounding rain on my roof) here in Florida, so I'm watching/listening really to an old BW Humphrey Bogart film. Also OT! - so here's a wet double-thunk to compensate:

Comment

Moebius part 2

If for some reason you think this pic is too spoilery just let me know in PM and I will post it in link form.

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

TORRELL: The ship that you're gonna fix, yes.

McKAY: What am I, MacGyver? Fix it with what?

http://www.sgtsiler.com/Nikkirose.html
                  MINE.. ALL MINE!! Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Moebius part 2

If for some reason you think this pic is too spoilery just let me know in PM and I will post it in link form.

*DROOL*

McKAY: If you're referring to the ship you just shot down, the one that doesn't stand a hope in hell of ever flying again ...

Comment

Alright these next 3 DO have spoilers in them so I will post them in links..

Moebius part 2

*DROOL*

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkirose
                        Moebius part 2
                        Speaking only for myself, who is determined to remain spoiler-free through season 8 (due to the unfortunate 'Gemini' incident that shall go unsaid), it's not too spoilery. Or at least not any more spoilery than the pics on GW individual ep pages (I sometimes look at the pics, but I don't read the spoilers ). Tight closeups are best, they usually don't give away the action or hints, IMO. But sometimes even the costumes (or lack thereof!) indicate the plot (like a certain Threads pic that keeps getting posted here - one look and I knew immediately how that upcoming ep would end - pooh.)

Comment

Last contributions of the day from me

Comment

Originally posted by blingaway
                            Ang, put down the mouse pen, and slowly back away...

*unplugs the coffee pot* That's enough for you, missy.

I haven't even DONE anything (yet) and already I'm being chastised! Sheesh!

Now my photohost is having issues, (something I did, no doubt) and GW
                            hiccupped on me. And you wanna take my coffee away??

Comment

Originally posted by wirthless
                              I haven't even DONE anything (yet) and already I'm being chastised! Sheesh!

Now my photohost is having issues, (something I did, no doubt) and GW
                              hiccupped on me. And you wanna take my coffee away??

*gives the coffee back, but keeps a sharp eye...*

Comment

Is this it Foxie?

Comment

Working...
                                X