Daniel Jackson/Michael Shanks Thunk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From Liv, in the appreciation thread:
    And I just love his glasses! They're such a big part of Daniel, to me. Not all men can pull off wearing glasses as well as Daniel/MS can. He looks just as gorgeous with them as he does without them, but sometimes when he doesn't have them on I can't help thinking he looks a little 'naked' without them (and no, not like that).
    Oh, I so agree. The glasses are a part of the whole ensemble. But, I love a good looking man in glasses.

GateGipsy:
    Everyone - is that white vest from one of the screencaps below what people keep referring to as a 'wife beater'? I keep seeing this reference and it confuses me as I don't know what one of these is (nor why anyone would come up with such a horrible name for clothing!).
    Heh. Yeah, that confused me the first time I ever heard the term wife-beater. I always called them tank tops. Don't know where the name came from.
    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
      Heh. Yeah, that confused me the first time I ever heard the term wife-beater. I always called them tank tops. Don't know where the name came from.
      I think of wife-beater shirts = white sleeveless undershirts. Like Daniel was wearing in the workout scene in Chimera. It seems everytime you'd turn on a movie in the states where there was a sleazy abusive husband he'd be sitting around the house in his white undershirt, drinking beer and yelling at the wife.

I believe that's where the slang term came from. I don't really think of those black sleeveless tank tops as your classic "wife-beater".
      Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Okay! Daily dose of Daniel screencaps coming up:

Various pics from s3-5:

Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

ooh nice and big too! Scrummy.

Dani - what he's wearing I'd call a vest, regardless of colour. A tank top is a t-shirt that is cut off about half way down the chest. It can have sleeves or not, but it has to be short. Very popular circa 1978. Not a good time for fashion.
          sigpic

Comment

Oh.My.THUNK!

Those at the top are from Beast of Burden, right? I love him in that one.
            DJ
            Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
              Those at the top are from Beast of Burden, right? I love him in that one.
              Yes, you're right, the top two are from Beast of Burden. Love him in that, too. (How could I not ) All the episodes with the Unas and Daniel are very special to me.

Comment

well now I AM an avowed RDA Thunker but MS is looking quite the HUNK this season and I must say those pictures are doing the man justice!!!!!

And there is one thing MS has ALWAYS had hands down on all of the *boys* on Star Gate and that is those Blue Eyes.....

Wonderful pictures!! Liv........ain't nothin' like being an equal oppurtunity drooler
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                  ooh nice and big too! Scrummy.

Dani - what he's wearing I'd call a vest, regardless of colour. A tank top is a t-shirt that is cut off about half way down the chest. It can have sleeves or not, but it has to be short. Very popular circa 1978. Not a good time for fashion.
                  OT:In the US a tank top is referred to as t-shirt that are sleevless. The type of shirt you mention are called crop shirts. (I agree those type are poor style)

Now back to the drooling.... MS with or without a shirt is fine with me!
                  No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Liv
                    Yes, you're right, the top two are from Beast of Burden. Love him in that, too. (How could I not ) All the episodes with the Unas and Daniel are very special to me.
                    Some of the screen grabs from The First Ones, with his hands tied and his head tilted to look up at Cha'ka.... Oh my <G>
                    DJ
                    Click here for the latest news on Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks Online

Daniel Fanfic Archive ~ My SG-1 Scribbles ~ My Pros Scribbles

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                      And there is one thing MS has ALWAYS had hands down on all of the *boys* on Star Gate and that is those Blue Eyes.....

Wonderful pictures!! Liv........ain't nothin' like being an equal oppurtunity drooler
                      How right you are! The hotness that is Daniel is just too difficult to resist.

Comment

just because I said something about the eyes.. I had to go and find this one
                        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

From Kri in the Shipper Thread.....

Yumminess personified!

Comment

Originally posted by Dana_Jeanne
                            Some of the screen grabs from The First Ones, with his hands tied and his head tilted to look up at Cha'ka.... Oh my <G>
                            DJ
                            You mean... something like this?

There's those eyes again!

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater
                              From Kri in the Shipper Thread.....

Yumminess personified!
                              I was gonna go and do that, but KG beat me. Since It took me a while to recover from the man's hotness!
                              ~Athena

Comment

Originally posted by Liv

There's those eyes again!
                                Yes yes those eyes. I swear everytime i watch an episode I just get lost in those beautiful blue eyes!
                                ~Athena

Comment

Working...
                                X