This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Daedalus Hyperdrive

what powers the deadalus hyperdrive engins is it naquadah,naquadria or asgard nutereino ion engins like on the baliskner
    "only two things are infinate the universe and human stupidity and im not sure about the universe"

-albert einstein

I thiknk its a ZPM

Comment

Spell check, it is spelled Daedalus.
      And it is Neutrino Ion Generators

The drive it uses isn't Naquadah, Naquadria Neutrino Ion Generators for a few obvious reasons.

If you remember from Season 6 Episode 20 (Momento) when Carter was talking to Chairman Ashwan about the Prometheus, and Ashwan asked "why use such a dangerous substance (Naquadria) to power your ship" she said for the time being it is our shortcut to intersteller travel, more stable forms of energy simply do not provide enough power to power the hyperdrive" which insinuated that not even Naquadah is powerful enough, and the Neutrino Ion Generators, while they are may get the Asgard hyperdrive to push the ship to go into hyperspace and even in regular space as a incredably fast speed, the Ion Generators are HUGE. Remember the episode Unnatural Selection Season 5 Episode 12, recall the massive size difference beteen Prometheus and the Asgard ship? Thors ship was on average 9 times bigger then Prometheus and the ION DRIVES ARE HUGE! refer to the episode Nemesis Season 3 Episode 22, When Thor was mortally injured by the replicators, Thor made a series of videos in how to destroy The Beliskner and in the video it said The Beliskner is powered by 4 Neutrino Ion Generators, the picture showed 1 small one in the bow and 3 down the keel of the ship, and all of those drives took up at least a quarter of the ship.

Comment

zpm to power it pfft thats just to get it to atlantis quicker

yes i remember thoes episodes and i know i cant spell thoes words properly
        but if you have seen the dedalus you will know that it is huge compared to the prometheus i live in the UK and since have not seen the new seasons yet
        "only two things are infinate the universe and human stupidity and im not sure about the universe"

-albert einstein

Comment

Neutrino Ion Generators dont exist it was neutrino ion drive which allowed faster movement but were not the powersource(i don't how it works but that's what happens).
          Rimmer: "What's this? Learning drugs? They're illegal, matey! Where did you get them? I'm afraid you're in very serious, grave, deep trouble, Lister. Where did you get them? I want names, I want places, I want dates."
          Lister: "Arnold Rimmer, his locker, this morning."
          - Rimmer and Lister, Balance of Power from Red Dwarf

Ambassador: I hate you English. With your boring trousers and your shiny toilet paper and your ridiculous preconceptions that Frenchmen are great lovers. I'm French and I'm hung like a baby carrot and a couple of petits pois.
          - Nob and Nobility from Blackadder

Comment

The Beliskner, and possibly other Asgard ships are powered by Neutrino-Ion Generators, they do exist. If you read from the Season Three Finale Transcript, or better yet, watch the episode, you will see that they exist. I quote:

Originally posted by Stargate SG-1, Season Three, Episode 3:22, "Nemesis," Thor
            The Belisknor is powered by four neutrino ion generators. In your Earth units of measurement each engine outputs a maximum of one billion…
            Owen Macri

Comment

The writers of the series seem to mix up the power generator and hyperdrive on a regular basis.
              I mean, with Prometheus, it started with a buffered Naquadria reactor, but they never told us what kind of hyperdrive it originally had. Then after the reactor blew, they replaced it with an Alkesh hyperdrive, but never said what powered it. Since then, they've replaced it with a Asgard hyperdrive, but still haven't told us what powers it.
              Last edited by Jarnin; 17 July 2005, 06:17 PM. Reason: Repeated Owen
              Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Oh, lol, that is alright, I don't mind, it happens to everyone, I have done it more than once too. Seeing as, these last three messages, including this one, have been kind of pointless to the thread, I am going to delete mine. When you delete yours, unless you don't want to, I will delete this one.

Sorry.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                X