No announcement yet.

Avalon, Part 1 (901)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't expect to like it, but I really did. Except for the opening credits(or lack thereof) and Vala's outfit (or lack thereof).

Comment

Ugh. I hate Mitchell. People complain about Vala, but shes much less annoying than Mitchell was. He's like Sheppard, but not in a good way.

Originally posted by keppiezbt
      summary anyone?
      Daniel has a beard, Mitchell is a moron, Vala has a tight outfit, we get to see Merlin, ceilings start to slowly descend on everyone. To be continued.

I liked the whole key and desk thing, though!
      sigpic

Comment

I appologize to BB. I didnt think that he would be that good. Although he could loosen up. Like when he walks through Daniel and vala rudley calling them kids. He could have made a dumb remark and went around... But it was a good ep.

Comment

First off, I loved the new direction it seems that Sg-1 is headed in, and the Da'kara was fantastic, appealing, and cenimatically capturing. It was good to see Rak'nor once again, and Vala was a bit on the sketchy side, but she has a part to play, and will most likely develop as a character in a good way. Ben Browder, was great, he was like a kid, having his first taste of ice cream.

Comment

I enjoyed the episode. Cameron wasn't as bad as I feared he would be. Funniest moment in the episode has got to be when Teal'c shoots the stone covering and Cameron yells "Woah! Woah! Woah! Bullets bounce!"

Comment

Originally posted by keppiezbt
              summary anyone?
              I second that motion!

(chanting to self) SUMMARY, SUMMARY, SUMMARY....
              Aadizookaan

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                Ugh. I hate Mitchell. People complain about Vala, but shes much less annoying than Mitchell was. He's like Sheppard, but not in a good way.

Daniel has a beard, Mitchell is a moron, Vala has a tight outfit, we get to see Merlin, ceilings start to slowly descend on everyone. To be continued.

I liked the whole key and desk thing, though!
                I so agree. Mitchell was a Jack wanabee and a very poor imitation at that.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Orce
                  I enjoyed the episode. Cameron wasn't as bad as I feared he would be. Funniest moment in the episode has got to be when Teal'c shoots the stone covering and Cameron yells "Woah! Woah! Woah! Bullets bounce!"
                  ABSOLUTELY!

And that's my two cents...
                  My LiveJournal
                  ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
                    Well that was horrorible. BB was acting like a big baby, the "flashback" scenes were horrorible, the story was dumb, not much of a plot either. Vey very bad.
                    I have to COMPLETELY disagree with you on the "flashback" scenes. I loved them... the certainly made me feel like the rest of SG-1 had already known Mitchell and this wasn't forced. Well done to the Special Effects department!!

The story I thought was entertaining... the only thing I didn't really like was that it was a "To Be Continued" episode. I hate those... But I can't wait till next week to see the conclusion.

Ohh and regarding the Congressional Medal of Honor given to Mitchell... I think I will take a line from O'Neill and say "Nice...."

Ace
                    Last edited by Ace; 15 July 2005, 06:34 PM.
                    "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

this was better then i thought it would be i loved the f-302 parts were cool and i loved the daniela and vala stuff and i like the whole thing with Ben Browder trying to get sg1 back together. my fave line of the whole thing is when he asked were the stargate was and when he said soon daniel well find some thing inproent out and we well be off on a adventer or some thing like that

Comment

Funniest moment in the episode has got to be when Teal'c shoots the stone covering and Cameron yells "Woah! Woah! Woah! Bullets bounce!"
                        Ha ha!

I had a strange feeling that the new episodes would suck without O'Neill and Carter, and it may pan out but for the moment, that feeling was wrong.

Sure, it's not the same, but at least Daniel and Teal'c are still there. Browder is a good SciFi actor, and I think he did a good job. I just find it weird that he's now in another show (the 1st one being Farscape) with the actress who plays Vala...don't know her name...

I'm just glad that not too much else changed. I can deal with cast changes. Hell, Gen. Hammond was one of my favorite characters, and I missed him during the start of Season 8, but I got over it. There's always the hope of guest appearances.

I'm just so happy that it didn't suck ass. Waiting for next week will drive me nuts. (More so for Atlantis)
                        "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" -Teal'c
                        "You guys really gonna listen to Garry?? He could BE one of those THINGS!!" -Windows
                        Me on my last ski trip The source of my power
                        "You guys think I'M crazy! Well, that's fine! Most of ya don't know what's going on around here, but I'm damn well sure SOME of you do!! You think that thing wanted to be an animal? No dogs make it a thousand miles through the cold! No, you don't understand! That thing wanted to be US!!" -Blair

Comment

poor BB

He was like a kid in a candy store, and yet got screwed over as Sg1 was disbanded XD.

Vala is Vala, I hope she get more developed and I'm wonder how Sam would react to her. Also liked her comment about BB and MS looking alike.

Like Teal'c and his new hairstyle.

Daniel with a beard........

And the new General.....not realy shure but at least he isnt as stuck up as Hammond was in S1.

IMO this episode was decent I just hope the next one is better.
                          Last edited by kharn the betrayer; 15 July 2005, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                            I have to COMPLETELY disagree with you on the "flashback" scenes. I loved them... the certainly made me feel like the rest of SG-1 had already known Mitchell and this wasn't forced. Well done to the Special Effects department!!

The story I thought was entertaining... the only thing I didn't really like was that it was a "To Be Continued" episode. I hate those... But I can't wait till next week to see the conclusion.

Ace
                            They didn't make any sense in the context of Lost City, Carter did NOT have time to advise Mitchell about ships coming, they were too busy beaming down to the outpost to save Earth!

Comment

Originally posted by Vyse
                              They didn't make any sense in the context of Lost City, Carter did NOT have time to advise Mitchell about ships coming, they were too busy beaming down to the outpost to save Earth!
                              You do realize that in a TV show time is compressed, so there is definitely a possibilty that Carter and Mitchell communicated with each other, it just wasn't shown. It's only logical. Besides, I seriously doubt that at the time that episode was finished, that TPTB hadn't given any thought to BB being apart of Stargate.

Comment

The only thing that would make that part funnier was if cameron got hit in the... anus. Not penitrating his skin though, just a nice sting that sends him to the floor.

Comment

Working...
                                X