This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dialing Multiple Gates

When they dial multiple gates in the end of season 8, if you went through it would you be replicated so you can come out of every gate at the same time?

No, the starate can't synthesise matter
    But, different bits of you could come out of different gates. Thats gotta be a nasty way to go!!
    I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

LoL...that would be a good way to send one of the Orii ascended back if they ever come. It could destroy them

Comment

That would be strange, and funny, in a got what was coming to you way. A finger out of this gate, some toes out of another, totally horrific, but a bit calming in the end.

Comment

may be thats how you ascend - doubtful a theory at best
          i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

I'm a bit surprised that the Ancients would have enabled multiple gates to be dialed at one time. They were not a warrior race; at least I don't think they were, but other than use as a weapons platform, what would be the use of dialing multiple gates?

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

well well when u go through a stargate, arent you converted into energy and assembled on the other side? if so, all the stargate would need to do is send the energy pattern. all itd take is extra energy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                I'm a bit surprised that the Ancients would have enabled multiple gates to be dialed at one time. They were not a warrior race; at least I don't think they were, but other than use as a weapons platform, what would be the use of dialing multiple gates?
                mass broadcasting, for system wide alerts? or for updates?

Comment

If you dial multiple gates, and go through and end up spread all over the galaxy, wouldn't the same thing happen to any signal? If it was a radio signal wouldn't it be corrupted and bits of it sent to one gate and bits of it sent to another? Maybe there are different rules for radio signals or other fancy alien communication devices becase we know that you can send it both ways through a gate, unlike normal matter?

Comment

they probably didnt have any intention of dialing multiple gates, but the goa'ould figured out how to rig it that way for thier own purposes, but the anchients may have considered this and built a failsafe that would make u only appear on the closest planet or something when u went through
                    check meh pimpin dean stockwell avatar

Comment

Actually, there is no certain explination that we can derive, however there is a more likley one.

It is entirley possible that you could be duplicated, the Stargate scans matter, converts it into energy, passes both the information from the scan and the energy from the matter through the wormhole, the second Stargate will receive the information and use it as a "template" to convert the energy into back into matter. The Stargate would have to be altered to send multiple units of information, and then the Stargates would have to draw energy from thier power sources, and then, you would be duplicated.

However it is more likley that you would end up scattered a whole bunch of planets, I make this hypothesis, because the Stargate is not meant to duplicate the sent information, it only sends it, I make this hypothesis, using the knowledge that the gate is also not meant to dial more than one gate at a time. So without alteration of the the stargate settings, pieces of information would likley travel through diffrent wormholes, however this does not mean that the energy required for the rematerialization of the matter would follow, it is more than likley that either to much or not enough energy would travel along with the information, in this case there are several possible options.

...Actually, there are just two.
                      ...For both main possibilities.
                      ...It's complicated, just read.

Main possibility 1) There is more than enough energy than is required for the rematerialization of the matter that is recorded within the sent information:

Possibility 1a) The Stargate will rematerialize the matter anyways
                      Possibility 1aa) The extra energy will be released through the event horizon.
                      Possibility 1ab) The extra energy will be absorbed by the stargate itself and will go the the sustainment of the wormhole.

Possibility 1b) The matter will not be rematerialized.
                      Possibility 1ba) The energy will be released through the event horizon.
                      Possibility 1bb) The energy will be absorbed by the stargate itself and go to the sustainment of the wormhole.

Main possibility 2) There is not enough energy required to complete the rematerialization of the information included on the "template."

Possibility 2a) The stargate will rematerialize the matter.
                      Possibility 2aa) The stargate will rematerialize whatever matter it can with the available energy. (Highly doubtful)
                      Possibility 2ab) The stargate will rematerialize whatever matter it can with the provided energy and draw more energy from the gates' power source, to complete the matter.

Possibility 2b) The stargate will not rematerialize the matter.
                      Possibility 2ba) The stargate will release the energy through the event horizon.
                      Possibility 2bb) The Stargate will absorb the enery and it will go to the sustainment of the wormhole.
                      Possibility 2bc) The Stargate will shut down and store the information so the matter could be rematerialized at a later time. (Similar to the episode "48 Hours.")

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                      X