This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Priceline Commercials

Has anyone else seen those Priceline (I think it's the right company) commercials that have William Shatner and Lenord ...arg, forget the spelling ...Kirk and Spock in it? I thought that they were a riot. The idea of using them together in commercials was a stroke of genius, IMHO. Any comments?
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
    Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
    Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
    Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
    Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
    Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Yjey're funny and yet... it's also kinda sad. I mean, they're permanently branded as Kirk and Spock and while I'm sure neither of them is hurting for money I can't help feeling... tired for them. Tired that they are constantly having to jump through the same hoops and milk the same cash cows just because that's what people expect from them.

They do make me laugh, though. Mostly because I like seeing Shatner one-upped by ANYONE.

Comment

I thought they were the same as any crappy celeb cameo commercial. Like those ones with Jessica Simpson and her sister. Only difference is Shatner and Nemoy are a little cooler.
      "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

I'm sorry...I kinda sound like a jackass in that but I don't mean to be mean or snappy.
        "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Originally posted by petzke_42
          I'm sorry...I kinda sound like a jackass in that but I don't mean to be mean or snappy.
          Nah, you're right. Or at least, I agree with you. It IS a cheap celebrity spokesperson stunt and it's part of what I find sad about it. I can't help thinking, "[This[/i] is what they're reduced to doing??" I know Shatner owns the company or whatever, but it's still kinda makes me want to roll my eyes. I mostly find it amusing because I don't care for Shatner and like to see him taken down a peg, even if it's staged.

Comment

Working...
          X