Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SciFi Movie Marathon on the Encore Network (US)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SciFi Movie Marathon on the Encore Network (US)

Just ran across this news item, unfortunately, as we've missed half of this marathon (still hope for those fans out in the South Pacific, I guess).

From the Starz/Encore Network site:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/mi...TE=Jun+7,+2005

'Take Me to Your Leader' Alien Invasion Infiltrates Encore!!!

Marathon to Run Before Theatrical Premiere of Spielberg's 'War of the Worlds'

Hosted by 'The Film Crew' (aka the 'Mystery Science Theater 3000' guys)

ENGLEWOOD, Colo., June 7 /PRNewswire/ -- It's an "Alien Invasion" of epic proportions as Encore terrorizes its viewers with an out-of-this world marathon -- airing right before Steven Spielberg's much anticipated June 29th theatrical release of War of the Worlds starring Tom Cruise. The marathon lands on Encore Saturday, June 25 through Sunday, June 26th.

Amusing commentary from "The Film Crew" (former members of the Emmy
    Award(R)-winning "Mystery Science Theater 3000") will run between movies throughout the two-day event. "The Film Crew" is made up of Mike Nelson ("Mike Nelson" from MST3K), Bill Corbett ("Crow" and "Brain Guy" from MST3K) and Kevin Murphy ("Tom Servo" from MST3K).

Saturday, June 25th (all times are ET/PT)

(12 Noon) It: The Terror From Beyond Space -- In this classic 1958 sci-fi, a U.S. spaceship returns from Mars with an unfriendly guest aboard -- and it ain't Joan Rivers. The film stars Marshall Thompson ("Daktari"), Dabbs Greer and Ray "Crash" Corrigan.

(1:10 p.m.) Predator -- The "popular" Governor of California, Arnold
    Schwarzenegger, and a group of mercenaries fight a mysterious alien in a jungle. The film co-stars Carl Weathers, ex-Governor Jesse "The Body" Ventura and Bill Duke.

(3:00 p.m.) The Blob -- A gooey invader from space wants to engulf a small town and its residents -- sorta like Wal Mart. This remake of the 1958 sci-fi stars Kevin Dillon, Shawnee Smith and Candy Clark.

(4:40 p.m.) Starship Troopers 2: Hero of the Federation -- Sequel to the 1997 sci-fi hit finds a small group of troopers taking refuge in an abandoned outpost as they attempt to fight Arachnids (that's big bugs). However, they don't realize that a much graver danger has infiltrated their unit -- Liza Minelli? The film stars Richard Burgi, Colleen Porch, Ed Lauter, Kelly Carlson and Sandrine Holt.

(6:15 p.m.) The Thing -- In director John Carpenter's remake of the 1951 film, a group of Antarctic outpost men fight a slimy alien able to assume the form of the life it engulfs. The film stars Kurt Russell, Wilford Brimley, Donald Moffat and Richard Dysart.

(8:05 p.m.) Predator -- You just can't keep Arnold Schwarzenegger down. He and his group of mercenary buddies continue to fight the mysterious alien in a jungle. Carl Weathers, Jesse "The Body" Ventura and Bill Duke return.

(10:00 p.m.) The Puppet Masters -- A security agent (Donald Sutherland) discovers that aliens are taking over the bodies of Iowa residents (I believe Mamie Eisenhower was from Iowa). The film, based on the 1956 sci-fi thriller Invasion of the Body Snatchers, co-stars Julie Warner, Will Patton and Richard Belzer.

Sunday, June 26th

(12 midnight) Alien Intruder -- A group of space traveling convicts fall prey to their own fantasies when a virtual reality computer goes haywire. The film stars Billy Dee Williams, Tracy Scoggins and Maxwell Caulfield.

(1:40 a.m.) Predator -- Just like he said he would, "HE CAME BACK," once again, and The Governator just won't take no for an answer. He joins his little group of mercenaries (Carl Weathers, Jesse "The Body" Ventura and Bill Duke) to fight the mysterious alien in the jungle.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

OK, so Encore can have kinda decent films (at least ones you can make fun of and not feel sick to your stomach because they're recent ones with new technology and someone decided to make a movie about Frankenfish) and then there's the Sci Fi Channel.
    Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Working...
    X