PDA

View Full Version : Standing Orders (how to defend Earth)

Quakerbone
June 22nd, 2005, 07:48 PM
As we all know, the primary mission of the SGC is to obtain technology to defend Earth from the Goa'Uld and other threats. The series has shown hundreds of different options, as well as new technology. However, I would just like to see how many new systems can be dreamed up, and implemented by those who freqent this site.

In other words, try to see who has the best idea on how to defend Earth using the technology in SG-1 Seasons 1-8 and SGA First Season. Feel free to poke holes in any theories that don't work- use logic.

Some possible ideas:

F-302 Hyperspace squadrons (Carrying out raids against the Goa'Uld to prevent assaults)

Tollan Defense Cannons (Over 60 gun emplacements across the surface of Earth)

Good Old Ancient Outpost (Keep Jack down there as long as we can, and plug in the MK II Nq reactor)

_Owen_
June 22nd, 2005, 08:18 PM
Ok, there is a field in the center of the Earth, it contains a phase shifted region, so in the center of the Earth there is a big phase shifted spherical region, within this region, Zero Point Energy is drawn, the energy is routed through the phasal barrier into generators in our phase. These generators power a far more massive field, this field is a forcefield which uses my redundant powering idea, it also phase shifts the Earth, well, technically they are two separate fields, the forcefield is on the inside, while the phase shifting field is located just above it, and above the phase shifting field there is another forcefield.

The lowest forcefield is not a forcefield, as we know them, it actually uses the technology that the Stargate uses to dematerialize matter, so the ships would fire upon the real forcefield, of course it would never fail because it uses redundant shielding technology, so, when we feel that it is time for them to die, we drop the force field. Sorry, I forgot to mention the phase shifting field just shifts Earth out and leaves it there, nothing else can be shifted out. We drop the forcefield, the ships have two options, they:

A) Fire upon Earth from orbit, in this case we create a holographic image of the Earth, so it apears they are hitting us.

B) They will eventually attempt to enter Earths' atmosphere, when they do they will be dematerialized.

This trick of course would only work once, however it is not the main focus of my idea. The important part was the phase shifting, as long as we are out of thier phase they can't touch us. The field could also be on a rotating modulation if you like, then we would constantly be shifting phases.

I also have another idea, well I have lots of ideas, but I will post some more later.

We can project a time dialation field from the moon, posibly bounce it off of satelites if we need to, at the ships, they would all slow down until very nearly a stand-still. Then a phasing field can be projected around them, then we launch antimatter into the phasing field, at the ships, and blow them all to hell, if the ships shields are up, we simply wait until the antimatter crosses the shields before we phase it into thier phase, then the antimatter will destroy them and the resulting explosion wouldn't harm us becuase they would be to far away from out phase.

We can also reconfigure Asgard teleportation technology, so we dematerialize them, but don't rematerialize them, there energy can be released into space.

Owen Macri

Chris O'Farrell
June 22nd, 2005, 08:48 PM
Ok, there is a field in the center of the Earth, it contains a phase shifted region,

...What?

so in the center of the Earth there is a big phase shifted spherical region, within this region, Zero Point Energy is drawn, the energy is routed through the phasal barrier into generators in our phase.

...What?

These generators power a far more massive field, this field is a forcefield which uses my redundant powering idea, it also phase shifts the Earth, well, technically they are two separate fields, the forcefield is on the inside, while the phase shifting field is located just above it, and above the phase shifting field there is another forcefield.

...What?

The lowest forcefield is not a forcefield, as we know them, it actually uses the technology that the Stargate uses to dematerialize matter, so the ships would fire upon the real forcefield, of course it would never fail because it uses redundant shielding technology, so, when we feel that it is time for them to die, we drop the force field. Sorry, I forgot to mention the phase shifting field just shifts Earth out and leaves it there, nothing else can be shifted out. We drop the forcefield, the ships have two options, they:

A) Fire upon Earth from orbit, in this case we create a holographic image of the Earth, so it apears they are hitting us.

B) They will eventually attempt to enter Earths' atmosphere, when they do they will be dematerialized.

Does the concept of 'Conservation of Energy' mean anything to you?

This trick of course would only work once, however it is not the main focus of my idea. The important part was the phase shifting, as long as we are out of thier phase they can't touch us. The field could also be on a rotating modulation if you like, then we would constantly be shifting phases.

....Seriously...are you just using a technobabble generator webpage? Because send me the link, it would make a great joke!

I also have another idea, well I have lots of ideas, but I will post some more later.

We can project a time dialation field from the moon, posibly bounce it off of satelites if we need to, at the ships, they would all slow down until very nearly a stand-still.

You ARE kidding, yes?

Then a phasing field can be projected around them, then we launch antimatter into the phasing field, at the ships, and blow them all to hell, if the ships shields are up, we simply wait until the antimatter crosses the shields before we phase it into thier phase, then the antimatter will destroy them and the resulting explosion wouldn't harm us becuase they would be to far away from out phase.

You know, I have a horrible fealing you are NOT kidding...

We can also reconfigure Asgard teleportation technology, so we dematerialize them, but don't rematerialize them, there energy can be released into space.

Owen Macri

Seriously. Don't do this again. PLEASE!

Panther
June 22nd, 2005, 08:56 PM
A multilayered defense work with an extensive intelligence and early warning system. Screw the tech, it's the tactics and logistics that matter.

_Owen_
June 22nd, 2005, 08:59 PM
In response to all the "Whats?" I am not sure how to explain it any simpler.

Does the concept of 'Conservation of Energy' mean anything to you?

The Law of Conservation of Mass and Energy states that the total amount of matter and energy in the universe will remain constant. Matter and energy are converted back and forth all of the time, if matter could not be converted into energy, we would be dead. The suns heat comes from a nuclear reaction, a nuclear reaction converts matter into energy, allthough only a small fraction of the matter that enters the sun is converted into energy, it is still enough to heat the Earth from 90 million miles away. The Conservation of Energy does not prevent this, the Conservation of Energy was linked with the Conservation of Mass, by Einstein with E=MC2. Matter is easily converted into energy, the laws do not prevent it.

....Seriously...are you just using a technobabble generator webpage? Because send me the link, it would make a great joke!

No, I don't think one exists, the information is just coming from my head. It is only technobabble if you don't understand it, and I beg your pardon, but this is the Science and Tech Forum.

You ARE kidding, yes?

Nope, not kidding.

You know, I have a horrible fealing you are NOT kidding...

Your horibble feeling is right.

Seriously. Don't do this again. PLEASE!

Don't do what again?

I was just replying to the thread.

Owen Macri

_Owen_
June 22nd, 2005, 09:01 PM
A multilayered defense work with an extensive intelligence and early warning system. Screw the tech, it's the tactics and logistics that matter.
Ya, bows and arrows will kill them any day! lol

I like the tech... :( :D

Owen Macri

Jprime
June 22nd, 2005, 09:44 PM
I'm a great fan of the 'uploading virus' into the enemy ship's mainframes and disabling them,' idea. Its a bit like Avenger, but the only real way it could go wrong is if it didn't work. If the virus' were made clever enough, with an MI system, they could find weaknesses in the systems on their own, even if we'd never encountered the baddie before (provided that he uses a binary-based digital computer).

_Owen_
June 22nd, 2005, 09:48 PM
That is a good idea, simple and likley to work. However, while you are at it, you could upload a program that could reconfigure the ships transporters to materialize antimatter, BOOM!

Or you could have the program meterialize a billion replicators, under our control of course, all with self distruc mechanisms and vulnerable to an EMP, just incase anything goes wrong. Then we would have a ship with minimal damage.

Instead of an overly complex virus, just stick Windows Service Pack 2 on it. I hate that damn thing.

Owen Macri

Jprime
June 22nd, 2005, 09:51 PM
Hehehehe...

I remember a TNG parody where they upload Windoze 95 to the Borg Collective.

_Owen_
June 22nd, 2005, 09:56 PM
Lol, that sounds funny. I am assuming it was based on the episode with Hugh, the individual Borg. When they develop a program to upload into the collective that will destroy them, and then Picard struggles with issues of morality. It sounds funny, I like parodies, of anything, they always seem to be funny, even if they are so incredibly stupid that your IQ goes down ten points while watching them, those are the best kind! lol.

Owen Macri

immhotep
June 23rd, 2005, 02:16 AM
ok couple of ideas
*moon based rail gun support batteries
*create an artificial asteriod belt around earth thats far enough away so it doent interfere wigth anything like satalite etc but mean any massive ship wont get through and fighter will have a job dodging thousands of rocks
*get the hebridens to give us some of those attack drones used in space race as a test, upgrade them if needed/make them bigger; combine them with a small shield and the replicator disruptor satalites and we have a nice little defence network set up.
*use small scale net shield generators, and then create loads of small satalites that can move the shield to protect important areas/ join multiples of them together and have one giant shield.
*create the 'absolute power' things and upgrade them with shields and RDS
*Use ion cannons upgraded by the asgard and other to penetrate goauld shield, they can still take out anything else thats not goauld.
*create a massive fleet of BC-303 daedalus's under protection from the above (all of them) and rule the galaxy with justice and peace, but whilst getting all the natural resouces and weapon and technolgy of use to incorporate in to our own, now fastly superior fleet.

my 2pence
immhotep

Quakerbone
June 23rd, 2005, 06:28 AM
Why not hide Earth itself? (This is going to need a LOT of help from the Asgard)

Rig up a hyperspace field large enough to encompass the entire solar system, including the sun. Move the system across the galaxy, to the middle of deep space. Just so long as it has a satisfactory (and secret) gate address, our safety from space attack would be all but guarunteed.

immhotep
June 23rd, 2005, 07:07 AM
or just project the image of an empty solar system, until the ship collide in to the moon! also extra flaw in your plan where doe the system we drag ours to go? u cant move solar systems, u might be able to tow earth itself but not without massive explosure, the asgard have huge ships, a dozen could pull it off and project our old night sky etc to hide the change but satalites, and thing like hubble would be lost, unless they were dragged aswell...............Basicly its an ok plan but the logistics of it are not worth it. better plan is to get 3 ZPM's fire up the engines of atlantis, fly it earth and then any attack would have to deal with us, the asgard, the FJN' fleets, the ancient outpost and the greatest city ever built in the known universe by the most advacned race ever to live and fully powered, it could either be our flagship ( and what a ship it would be), or on earth as our capital of a new world.......carried away again didnt i! :D

_Owen_
June 23rd, 2005, 01:07 PM
I don't like the asteroid belt idea, it wouldn't work. Space ships can travel in three dimensions, they can just fly over it. Or they could just make a quick jump into hyperspace.

Owen Macri

Neutschi
June 23rd, 2005, 01:21 PM
Or they could use the belt , to attack earth directly with the asteroids

_Owen_
June 23rd, 2005, 01:41 PM
Yes they would probably just end up accelerating them at us, lol, I didn't think about that, good job!

Owen Macri

Quakerbone
June 23rd, 2005, 01:57 PM
How about this one:

1) Hide a small, hyperspace fleet somewhere in the outer system (Saturn, Jupiter, Kepler Belt)
2) Set up a series of large, loud, rather useless missile batteries between here and Mars- not much, but just enough to keep some Goa'uld busy for a while and slow them down.
3) When the Goa'uld attack, bring in the fleet. The batteries should last just long enough for the fleet to arrive.

As for landing parties, ask the Asgard for more of those devices on Cimmeria- the symbiote detector and Goa'Uld prison combo. Set them up in public areas and around any planetside ring arrays. If they use Asgard transporters, or land the old-fashioned way...well, I'm still working on that

_Owen_
June 23rd, 2005, 02:13 PM
That is a good idea but instead of missile bateries, you could use the base technology from the Goa'uld grenades, they could all be set off in space and at the moment that they are about to explode they are all beamed into every room of the Goa'uld ship, or the technology could be modified to work as a beam and you just scan the ship with it and it induces the same effects.

Or you could do a mass transport, everyone into space, problem solved.

Owen Macri

~Thor~
June 24th, 2005, 02:11 AM
Or you could do a mass transport, everyone into space, problem solved.
Owen Macri
Unless it was a replicater (or replicator like creature)

White Knight
June 24th, 2005, 04:50 AM
I've come up with a foolproof plan to defnd the Earth from whatever invasion may be launched by spaceship, whether it be Goa'uld, Acshen or Asgard.

1) They launch the Timeship (the Time-travelling Puddlejumper), which would shoot down a lone Death Glider so that the pilot can be captured.

2)The pilot is interrogated to find out the original planet of the attack.

3) The Timeship goes back in time to when the events of 'Zero Hour' occur, where the crew (presumably SG1, but you never know) steals the booby-trapped ZPM.

4) Then, the Timeship travels to the planet where the attack originated, exactly thirty minutes before the enemy fleet is set to launch into hyperspace.

5) The crew gives the ZPM to the fleet's commander and tells the commander that the ZPM can power the ship enough that it can withstand any defences that Earth can muster.

6) In the minutes before the Commander plugs in the ZPM, the crew rushes back to the Timeship, pressurises it, and sends it 100 years into the future.

7) The foolish commander, meanwhile, has plugged in the booby-trapped ZPM, which explodes and destroys the entire solar system and the enemy fleet, thereby stopping the attack on Earth before it can even start.

8) Meanwhile, 100 years in the future, the Timeship is floating around in the debris of the solar system, content in the knowledge that their efforts have destroyed the solar system and therefore the enemy fleet.

9) The Timeship travels to 1 hour before the ZPM was plugged in, cloaks, and travels through the Stargate to a deserted palnet.

10) Unable to return to Earth - on account of the fact that an alternate versions of themselves are still on Earth, along with an alternate Timeship, and going back would cause a cascading entropy...thingy - the crew paint the Timeship a dark blue and become a makeshift crew of time-and-space-travelling misfits, who go around the galaxy and help people who need help for no apparent reason (cue theme music!: dum, dum, duuuuuuum, dum, duh-duh-duuuuuuuum...)

Neutschi
June 24th, 2005, 05:12 AM
The Timeship only works in jumps longer than a few hundred years into the past sry

briguy213
June 24th, 2005, 08:24 AM
i say that we steal some tollan phase shifting technology then put it on some nukes. then we send the to all gould occupied worlds.

immhotep
June 24th, 2005, 09:11 AM
there are no goauld occupied worlds anymore!

_Owen_
June 24th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Yes, another problem with using the timeship, is that whatever changes you made could drastically alter the future, which is why they don't use the time ship for every little problem they incounter, infact they shouldn't even use it for the big problems, allthough it is cool, and I am sure it will appear again.

Phase shifting nukes is a good idea, you can detonate them near the primary sections of the ships and not even have to go inside.

Owen Macri

Panther
June 24th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Actually, if you really think about it, this whole question could be the subject of a long JCoS Staff Study that would probably produce a huge thick report that would have to be analysed and reanalysed. There's a lot to determine here. Manpower and organisation, logistics, force structure, procedure and objectives are the just the beginning.

Halo
June 24th, 2005, 10:03 PM
id like to see a moon base where the sgc could store a fleet of bc303s or batteries of either A.ion cannons that are modified or B. good ol missle batteries

Halo
June 24th, 2005, 10:05 PM
also there could be shield generators placed around large cities that could be used if we were attacked.

_Owen_
June 24th, 2005, 10:41 PM
We could have shields around cities, but then it might look a little strange when birds keep flying into nothing.

I think the idea of dematerialization is the best, simply use transporters to beam the ships "up" and then don't beam them "down" again. Just leave the matter as pure energy and release it into space, there goes your problem, no shields, no missle batteries, no moon bases. lol, I want all of those, especially a mon base.

If a mon base was created you would need a cloaking device and artificial gravity generators, it would be very difficult to work in that wieght.

Owen Macri

Halo
June 24th, 2005, 10:44 PM
i meant with sheild generators you could activate and deactivate the sheild. only like when you were attacked would you need a sheild. and im sure the asgard could give us some help with a moon base.

_Owen_
June 24th, 2005, 10:48 PM
The Asgard owe us big time, they practically, have to help us!

Owen Macri

Halo
June 24th, 2005, 10:52 PM
let me think we saved the asgard how many times...we fixed the time device...we stopped the attack on their home world with carter's "dumb idea, we developed the disrupter technology(well jack did, but he's tauri!) and some other stuff...so ya id say the owe us
the upgrades on the deddy are a favor so it can only get better right???right...?

_Owen_
June 24th, 2005, 10:55 PM
The upgrades that they have given us on our ships are like the door prize, we haven't even gotten to the cake yet!

Owen Macri

Halo
June 24th, 2005, 11:06 PM
wouldnt home usable beams be cool, you would never have to get up to get the remote!!!!!!!

_Owen_
June 24th, 2005, 11:12 PM
lol, that would be fun, you would never even have to move at all!

Owen Macri

White Knight
June 25th, 2005, 03:53 AM
id like to see a moon base where the sgc could store a fleet of bc303s or batteries of either A.ion cannons that are modified or B. good ol missle batteries

Stuff that! Lets just put big engines on the moon, then fly the moon into enemy spaceships!

Neutschi
June 25th, 2005, 05:03 AM
Just build some big ass guns , couple of shields , moon base and a fleet of 303

maybe an emergency button in the sgc that directly contacts thor ;)

_Owen_
June 25th, 2005, 01:48 PM
There would be one little problem, all of the tidal flows would be altered.

Owen Macri

Halo
June 26th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Stuff that! Lets just put big engines on the moon, then fly the moon into enemy spaceships!
that could destroy all life on earth...

_Owen_
June 26th, 2005, 05:42 PM
It is possible, but is would at least alter tides, possibly causing continents to be absorb by oceans. So yes, it would be a problem. Unless you replaced it with an object that has an equal effect on the Earth, but then a flying moon might be a little visible by people on Earth.

Owen Macri

immhotep
June 27th, 2005, 03:10 AM
Just build some big ass guns , couple of shields , moon base and a fleet of 303

maybe an emergency button in the sgc that directly contacts thor ;)
why isnt thor on speed dial!

_Owen_
June 27th, 2005, 10:57 PM
I don't know, we should just install interstellar comunications devices in thors head and then in our heads, then whenever we need them, we can call them, and they can't use that excuse, "Ya, umm, we'll be there in a couple days, we are trying to kill some replicators."

Owen Macri

Jprime
June 28th, 2005, 11:24 AM
That would take all the fun out of it! Plus then people would start to wonder why it is that the Asgard, a race THOUSANDS of years beyond us, don't have things like that already. Think about it, why should a race as intelligent as the Asgard have little buttons on the doors they must press to activate them? The whole stone moving thing is completely anachronistic! It would be like Intel building an new Pentium chip and opting to go with vacuum tubes as opposed to transistors! Even biologically the Asgard seem to favor the intellectual approach to things, as proven by thier huge heads and spindly arms. And another thing, the huge ships. Its clear that no Asgard built them by hand (unless some of them have massive cloned bodies for that task alone), they needed some technology, whether thats getting a computer to simply materialize the design from a model stored in its memory banks, or coordinating an army of automated robotic construction vehicles. If the Asgard communications are as good as they seem, why for that matter do they actually have to be onboard the ships? Couldn't they just use remote control (causality I know, but subspace communications don't apply)?

_Owen_
July 3rd, 2005, 08:57 PM
Lol, it is like the Family Guy episode with the big robot fish, the fisherman gives Peter 50 000 dollars, and Peter asks why, and the fisherman says, so they don't talk, and also to get them out of there before people start to wonder how a fisherman with no prior knowledge of robotics could build a sophisticated talking fish. lol.

You are right, the Asgard as such an advanced race, have the capabilities to "wire" several things into thier brains to achieve a neural control over them, but for some reason, they don't.

Owen Macri