PDA

View Full Version : The One the only The ARIS BOCH appreciation thread

Crazedwraith
June 14th, 2004, 08:05 AM
I though i'd raise A thread to preserve in eternal memory the glory of the One shot character of ARIS BOCH.
The greatness of Boch is only apparent in his abillity to be the anti-goa'ul form of a demented Barney the purple dinosaur. (come on i can't be the only person to think that after the (You hate goa'uld, I hate goa'uld. We all hate...Goa uld

Torley
June 14th, 2004, 08:28 AM
HAHAHA... maybe he'll come back, who knows! I liked his rowdy attitude -- quite frankly, I didn't like the character at the beginning of the episode, because he was so cocky and stuff, but by the end I couldn't help but feel a little sorry for what he went through. Maybe he'll help the Tau'ri out with anti-Goa'uld defenses. I never understood how he got off the planet at the end though -- did he go through the Stargate too after SG-1 did? If so, he must have had to hurry because Sokar was on his way!!

bcmilco
June 14th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Yeah I'm sure he used the stargate because he didn't have any other way of getting off the planet. Also the ship exploded as a cover so that Sokar would think they had died buying SG-1 and Boch a little more time before Sokar figured out what was going on.

SGSlugger
June 14th, 2004, 09:11 AM
I liked Aris Boch. I wish that we will see more of him or meet another one of his species. He did seem kinda cocky in the beginning, but over time he like mellowed out.

In a fight-to-the-death combat between him and Boba Fett, who would you think will win?

Torley
June 14th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Sokar has been shown to be keener than that when he actually appears -- he is impersonating as the devil and lord of lies, after all -- but yeah, I hope for Aris' sake that he got out QUICK. He seemed to definitely be a parody of sorts of Boba Fett and other sci-fi bounty hunters in some way. I finally got 'round to seeing the ep.

I'm not sure who'd win. After all, Bounty Hunters have to be lucky ;)

Crazedwraith
June 14th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Any way was It just me or was Boh sort of a proto-loner version of O'Neill? With all the sarky-ness and all he even looks like Kurt Russel. (IMHO of course)

Jolinarsam
June 15th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Any way was It just me or was Boh sort of a proto-loner version of O'Neill?

I thought so too. I think that's why they worked so well together. In fact, Aris had great chemistry with the whole team.

Ace
July 23rd, 2004, 02:18 PM
I liked Aris Boch. I wish that we will see more of him or meet another one of his species. He did seem kinda cocky in the beginning, but over time he like mellowed out.

In a fight-to-the-death combat between him and Boba Fett, who would you think will win?

One of the best lines in the entire series happened because of Aris Boch. :D

O'Neill: Can you take him? *turns to Teal'c*
Teal'c: *raises his eyebrow* I can!

LOL I guess you just have to see it. It's funny as hell, my brother and I laugh at that line everytime we see that episode.

Ace

Lugal
July 23rd, 2004, 03:22 PM
I hope he comes back, if only for more exchanges like this.

O'Neill: We're exactly one zat gun short of actually having a zat gun.
Boch: Zat gun?
O'Neill: drop the -nikatel
Boch: I suppose it does save some effort.

uknesvuinng
July 23rd, 2004, 03:26 PM
I hope he comes back, if only for more exchanges like this.

O'Neill: We're exactly one zat gun short of actually having a zat gun.
Boch: Zat gun?
O'Neill: drop the -nikatel
Boch: I suppose it does save some effort.
And...

Aris: You, treat my wound.
Daniel: I'm an archeologist.
Aris: Yes, but you're also a doctor.
Daniel: ...of archeology.

nugglebugget
July 26th, 2004, 04:47 AM
Yes,I wish they'd bring him back.I like how he messed with them concerning the "zat gun" & the "countdown" for the auto-destruct on the ship.He just wanted to see them sweat,hah!

i liked how he showed the "zat" didn't affect him by turning it on himself[ "Oooh,...that tickles"].Then O'Neill casually retested it by shooting AB in the butt.
Generally,I thought he fit in rather well with them & he sure could give O'Neill a run for his money with the snarkiness:p .

Pdixie
July 26th, 2004, 05:57 AM
It would be nice to see him again in season 8, I liked his cockiness. I wonder how he knew a lot about Earth though "contrary to popular human belief, Earth is not the center of the universe". Yeah, he was a cool fella.

As to Fett vs. Boch? Well Fett has a jetpack+flamethrower+wrist and backpack rockets+grappling hook and a blaster, then again, he doesn't have a personal deflector shield so one shot with a Zat....

SeaBee
October 6th, 2004, 03:09 PM
One thing I've never been sure of. Did the Zat not do anything because of his armour, or his physiology?

lionel_pendergast_rocks
October 6th, 2004, 04:36 PM
i think it would be kind of cool as well to see boch return in season 8, or maybe even a season nine. (i hope) i hope we get a chance to meet his people and kind of have sg-1 save them like they do so many others :)

TAKUNITAGAMINITURON :eek:

buckner
October 6th, 2004, 06:20 PM
One thing I've never been sure of. Did the Zat not do anything because of his armour, or his physiology?
I have often wondered that to. AB is one of my favorite episodes but
most people rate it as one of the worst episodes. They should do a
follow up story on him and if he really does have a wife and son (I think
thats right) try to save them in return for some of his tech.

michelleb
October 7th, 2004, 03:45 AM
I loved Ariis Boch. my favourite exchange

Sam; I'm actually a major now.
Aris; Oh, how important. I'll inform the universe.

Just cracked me up. and yeah, he was cool, and funny, and kinda on the edge, and SG1 did promise to come back and help him, so they should (and i'm sure everyoe will resist the urge, when aris boch does something cool and impressive, to say 'wow, that was flash')

RAJ
October 7th, 2004, 04:32 AM
Yep, he was a cool character it would be good to see him in another episode.

What I didn't realise at the time though was that the actor who played him(can't recall his name for some reason right now) was the same guy that played Flash Gordon in the movie back in the 80's.

Certainly acted better in Stargate.

michelleb
October 7th, 2004, 05:58 AM
Sam Jones. and hey, i loved that movie! although that may have been because of the theme tune

eye of botox
October 8th, 2004, 07:28 AM
Ah, an Aris Boch appreciaton thread.. Good times and excellent one-liners. I do hope they have another ep with him sometime. Maybe he'll show up on Atlantis. I would pay to see him and Rodney go the one round before Boch would just shoot him.

Sela
October 9th, 2004, 05:54 PM
I loved Ariis Boch. my favourite exchange

Sam; I'm actually a major now.
Aris; Oh, how important. I'll inform the universe.

Just cracked me up. and yeah, he was cool, and funny, and kinda on the edge, and SG1 did promise to come back and help him, so they should (and i'm sure everyoe will resist the urge, when aris boch does something cool and impressive, to say 'wow, that was flash')

LOL! That was my favorite line of the episode. He had such a way of cutting them all down to size. Like with Daniel and the bounty.

I also liked the "pain in the mikta" line...
O'Neill: "Neck?"
Teal'c: "No."

I know it's coming and it still cracks me up every time.

Jprime
October 9th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Oh COME ON! You honestly think that Fett would stand a chance against the greatness that is Aris Boch??? Come on, lets break it down:

Aris Boch (of COURSE he goes first!)

Weapons:

-Loads of zat guns
-Something pretty damn lethal looking (maybe a modified TER?)

Armour:

-Thick full body armour (possibly zat resistant)
-Super funky naquada vision visor (possibly sensitive to other things too)

Boba Fett

Weapons:

Assasin laser pistol (possibly damaging to the less armoured bits of Boch)
Knee-mounted dart guns (will shatter upon hitting the armour)

Armour:

Supposedly durable, yet is several decades old with heaps of scratches. Looks lighweight, and must be to be liftable by rocket pack. Most likely NOT zat resistant, as it is a metallic conductor.

You do the math. :D

lionel_pendergast_rocks
October 10th, 2004, 12:13 PM
a cool episode for a possible season nine (:D) would go something like this: the team gates to a world only to find it is under gould control> what they dont know is that its aris' homeworld. they quickly find themselves under fire from the gould when, when all seemed lost, a group of rebels, made of aris' race, showed up. they take down the gould because they suprised them and when the fighting finally stops, the tow peoples meet, weapons aimed, only to have one of the rebels step forward, taking off his helmet, and you find it's aris boch. they then talk about stuff like why boch abandoned his life as a bounty hunter to help his people. they also talk about the "roshna" that was given to sam in d.m.s.-season 3, and how she's been trying to find a way to make the people of aris' world independent of the stuff. it could be a 2 parter, where they defeat the gould on that planet. - just another wierd thought.

MartoufMarty
October 10th, 2004, 12:25 PM
I really liked Aris Boch. He was sarcastic, witty, clever and cool. But I don't really see him coming back. The show has changed so much from season 3, and I don't really see how they'd fit him into a storyline. I mean, we haven't seen him in 5 years. I doubt we're gonna see him again...

But he was cool. I really liked that episode. One of the few episodes that took place completely off-world.

shelsfc
October 10th, 2004, 12:36 PM
But he was cool. I really liked that episode. One of the few episodes that took place completely off-world.
And possibly the first one to feature no Stargate.

MartoufMarty
October 10th, 2004, 12:38 PM
And possibly the first one to feature no Stargate.
Main case and two guest stars out in the woods playing a friendly game of Goa'uld and Tok'ra :P

Sy~
October 10th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Yeah, he is one cool dude. I think he should come back, he was like Jacks cousin in that he was a sarcy git.

Sy~

DragonGate
November 16th, 2005, 08:28 AM
Aris Boch was a neat character, toe-to-toe with Jack in sarcasm. I liked the idea of SG1 having prices on their heads out in the galaxy. Considering "Prometheus Unbound" and "The Ties That Bind", He could come up again in the Lucian Alliance storyline and Aris knowing Vala by first name wouldn't surprise me at all. Telling Jack he was known the Goa'uld as a pain in the ***! Gotta love that humor!

SallyLizzie
November 16th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Oo DragonGate, great idea :D apparantly Vala's back in S10 so maybe they could get Sam Jones back for at least one ep and TaDa!! I think the humour between Vala and Aris would be class :D

What I didn't realise at the time though was that the actor who played him(can't recall his name for some reason right now) was the same guy that played Flash Gordon in the movie back in the 80's.
Me neither. I DIED when i found out! I <3 Flash Gordon. So much. :D
I was all ''Mum, Mum, Flash Gordan was in Stargate!'', then i ran upstairs and thru the DVD on. Hee!

Cylean
November 16th, 2005, 01:12 PM
I'm writting a fanfic, feat. Aris as one of the major players. Have lots of fun writting it. Come to think of it, I really don't know why I chose him. Oh, yeah..because he was the only one of the non-regulars who made an impression in the past eight seasons. Gotta love him. He's blond, tall and rugged

Tankaras
November 16th, 2005, 01:24 PM
I think a episode w/ Bach should comeback with a backstory about his people and himself. To see a planet where the System Lords couldn't take hosts and how they responded to such a threat would be cool. Also maybe an anti symbiote serum to prevent a human from being taken over. Best scene in Bach Epsiode. Shoots himself with a Zat " ooo, tickles a bit".

Ladytalon
June 3rd, 2008, 08:53 AM
I've got nothing but love for Aris, he's great. I have a few fanfics about him as well and he's a lot of fun to write.... I could extoll his virtues all day :D