This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrades to the SGC

The SGC as it exists now, is not the SGC we started with.

1 The air-escape shaft.

Version one: A Matter of Time - Cromwell uses the shaft to enter the facilty. Next to the shaft is an exit point of a stairwell.
    Version two: Foothold - Carter uses the shaft to escape the base. The stairwell exit is gone, meaning the stairwell was probably removed.
    Version three: Proving Ground - The shaft is now secured with a code lock and tear gas.

2 The red phone in Hammond's office.

It began as an old fashioned 'Dial-Disk' model, but has been replaced by a newer model with buttons and multi-number memory.

3 The elevator.

Version One: In early episodes, they had to ride two elevators to get sub-level 28.
    Version Two: One single elevator covers the entire distance.

4 Gate Room

- Iris replaced after 'A Matter of Time'.
    - Weapons lockers removed at some point.
    - Machine guns added.
    - Harmonic generators added after 'Foothold'

5 Control Room

- Installation palm scanner.

-----

Did I miss anything ?
    sigpic

SGU Continued....

Now that they have asgard transporter technology why not install one at SGC so it would easy to travel from SGC to Area 51, pentagon/Whitehouse etc.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
      Now that they have asgard transporter technology why not install one at SGC so it would easy to travel from SGC to Area 51, pentagon/Whitehouse etc.
      Hmmm...good idea, but it has a few problems.

1 It probably requires lots of power.
      Which would have to be drawn from the power grid,which just can't give that much.

2 Asgard beaming technology creates energy pulses.
      Those could be picked up by spying satilities or hostile ships in orbit.
      It would like hanging up a sign 'Stargate over here'.
      sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

And you dont you think the 'whoosh' doesnt creates a pulse!

Upgrades that we could make now theres a subject:
        *Iris energy shield for one
        *Asgard beams
        *jaffa staff cannon or automatic rail guns instead of the plattoon of men!
        *Control room to be staff blast proof
        * a replicator satalite type thing above the gate, just in case
        *TER security cameras! that would be so much easier than the whole, 'search the base routine.
        *armed cameras so much easier!

Any others?
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

How about sensors that tell when an enimeys enters a hall way that close the blast doors and open them for freindlys. I this a good idea? i know the spelling stuck in this post i will check it later!

Comment

Don't you think that the blast doors should automatically close whenever there's an incoming unauthorized or unscheduled wormhole? Just in case it's something unfriendly? Sensors would definitely be a good idea, something like a DNA or retina scanner?
            Elando na coinya!

Comment

Well an automatic closure of the blast doors might be a good idea, but it would also strand high ranking, possibly needed personel in areas where they cannot help, allthough transports would definetly help with that.

Also, along with blast doors forcefield generators should be installed all over the base, they can use them along with blast doors to trap "guests."

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                Well an automatic closure of the blast doors might be a good idea, but it would also strand high ranking, possibly needed personel in areas where they cannot help, allthough transports would definetly help with that.

Also, along with blast doors forcefield generators should be installed all over the base, they can use them along with blast doors to trap "guests."

Owen Macri
                Man, that would've been nice for the Replicators. Though, they'd probably find a way to get through them. But I guess it doesn't matter very much anymore, does it?

The strongest ones would be in the gate room and at the outside exits of the mountain, to protect from any unexpected visitors. God knows we've had trouble with that sort of stuff in the past...countless times. But would it work if we had another foothold situation? Because if I'm not mistaken, the aliens in 'Foothold' got the passwords to the computers. Isn't that why we have the hand thing though? Or does that just control the iris?

I AM SUPREME COMMANDER THOR

Comment

Oh, the replicators would be no problem. The force field generators, generate forcefields not only blocking the halls but also on the floors, under the cieling and in front of the walls, so they would be trapped inside a forcefield box, and of course they would use my redundant shield design, which routes any energy directed at the force field into a buffer, and either into the power supply for the shields, or released if the energy input is to great.

I think the hand scanners are only for the iris, but I can't remember.

Owen Macri

Comment

I think that having the 'gate room sealed whenever there's an active wormhole would help.
                    JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                    VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                    MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                    LANDRY
                    : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                    Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                    Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                    Mmm... Green...

Comment

Lol, it might, just a couple forcefields on the walls floors and cieling might help!

Owen Macri

Comment

We could throw in some supernanobot that goes into someone's brain, and searches for any thoughts of destruction/anger and vaporize the person instantly, and if none is detected, give them cake. Owen, you ccould design it, right?
                        JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                        VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                        MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                        LANDRY
                        : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                        Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                        Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                        Mmm... Green...

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                          And you dont you think the 'whoosh' doesnt creates a pulse!

Upgrades that we could make now theres a subject:
                          *Iris energy shield for one
                          *Asgard beams
                          *jaffa staff cannon or automatic rail guns instead of the plattoon of men!
                          *Control room to be staff blast proof
                          * a replicator satalite type thing above the gate, just in case
                          *TER security cameras! that would be so much easier than the whole, 'search the base routine.
                          *armed cameras so much easier!

Any others?
                          Thats all well and good but what if the sgc did become compromised, the teams would be royally screwed!!

Comment

Originally posted by 6thMonolith
                            We could throw in some supernanobot that goes into someone's brain, and searches for any thoughts of destruction/anger and vaporize the person instantly, and if none is detected, give them cake. Owen, you ccould design it, right?
                            everyone has those thoughts i would kill daniel and tealc and oniel and eveyone.

what if it was the teams that were doing the comprimising?
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                              everyone has those thoughts i would kill daniel and tealc and oniel and eveyone.

what if it was the teams that were doing the comprimising?
                              I guess it would really depend on the situation. If we ran into another zatark problem, I guess the "nanobot" would be able to sense that. If the compromising was intentional, General O'Neill probably would have them sent to the brig and then started questioning them (or just shoot them...we all know how much O'Neill and chance get along, don't we? )

I AM SUPREME COMMANDER THOR

Comment

Working...
                              X