PDA

View Full Version : Planning the Jack & Sam Wedding

chyron
June 16th, 2005, 04:31 PM
I personally have been forever opposed to Sam & Jack getting together. I was my thought that doing so would be jumping the shark. However, now that RDA is leaving and Sam & Jack are basically together (as implied by the Season Finale), I was thinking that now was the time to start planning their wedding.

So here's what I've come up with so far...

Officiant: Thor

Bride: Samantha Carter
Maid of Honor:
Bridesmaid #1:
Bridesmaid #2:
Bridesmaid #3:
Bridesmaid #4:
Flower Girl:

Groom: Jack O'Neill
Best Man: Skaara (Temporarily descended)
Groomsman #1:
Groomsman #2:
Groomsman #3:
Groomsman #4:
Ringbearer:

Usher #1:
Usher #2:

As you can see, we've got a ways to go and we still need a location for the wedding, reception and honeymoon? Ideas Please.

mazzmatazz
June 16th, 2005, 04:38 PM
Daniel as Maid of Honour. :p

OK. More seriously, Teal'c and Bra'tac as Ushers. Perhaps they could herd the guests with their staff weapons? And you'd totally have to have Thor. Actually, Thor should be best man over Skaara ;)

Edit: Oh, you have Thor as officiant! Whoops! Personally, I'd have Hammond in that role

Neelan_Liquor
June 16th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Maid of Honor: Cassie (especially since Janet is gone) :(

And I'd think Teal'c would be best man. He's been Jack's best friend for YEARS now. But if not Best Man, then one of the Groomsmen, for sure. WAY too close to Jack and Sam to be anything less.

For ushers, I'd think Walter and Sgt. Siler. ;)

Since Jacob is dead, and Sam has known Hammond for so long, I'd think she'd want him to give her away and ask her brother Mark to be one of the Groomsmen (it's pretty traditional for the bride's brother to be a groomsman anyway).

(BTW, when I first started watching... out of order, of course... I didn't see the ship at all, but became a total Sam/Jack shipper once I saw the first seven seasons in order. :D)

TechnoWraith
June 16th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Can Steve and the gang come to the wedding? :p :D

Ancient 1
June 16th, 2005, 05:27 PM
I think I started one of these when we thought Carter was going to marry Pete the Stalker...Anyway:

Best man = Thor
Maid of Honor = Heimdal
Ring Bearer = Young Jack (clone)
Flower Girl = Cassandra

Looks like Hammond will have to give the bride away.

chyron
June 16th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Or should we make Thor the Ringbearer? or since he's asexual the FlowerGirl? Both?

Daniel as Maid of Honour. :p

OK. More seriously, Teal'c and Bra'tac as Ushers. Perhaps they could herd the guests with their staff weapons? And you'd totally have to have Thor. Actually, Thor should be best man over Skaara ;)

Edit: Oh, you have Thor as officiant! Whoops! Personally, I'd have Hammond in that role

chyron
June 16th, 2005, 06:19 PM
Can Steve and the gang come to the wedding? :p :D

Steve and The Gang will be the band playing at the Reception.

Stricken
June 17th, 2005, 02:57 AM
^ lol i needed a laugh!!!

chyron
June 17th, 2005, 04:50 AM
Oh - Oma Poppins will be the Wedding Coordinator (and I hear that she has a thing for incorporating mushrooms and mushroom designs into the decorations).

mazzmatazz
June 17th, 2005, 05:24 AM
Or should we make Thor the Ringbearer? or since he's asexual the FlowerGirl? Both?

Nah, best man... that way the Sam/Thor shippers can fantasize about the bride running off with the best man :D

Stricken
June 17th, 2005, 05:26 AM
I think they should invite Pete just to really piss him off lol

please note that S.G.C does not like Pete and is glad he is gone

Droops
June 17th, 2005, 06:26 AM
Nah, best man... that way the Sam/Thor shippers can fantasize about the bride running off with the best man :D

I think if they ask if anyone has an objection to why these two should be married, Thor would say something.

Then again, Thor would just beam Samatha to his ship and go on. He's a being of few words. :)

chyron
June 17th, 2005, 06:48 AM
I think if they ask if anyone has an objection to why these two should be married, Thor would say something.

Then again, Thor would just beam Samatha to his ship and go on. He's a being of few words. :)

Oma Poppins/Officiant: Now. If there is anyone here, Ascended or not, who believes that for any reason this man and this woman should not be be joined in matrimony, please speak now...
Thor: Major Carter...I have always had the hots for you. If I were not asexual at the moment, I would take you away from this place and make mad, passionate love in the old ways that my people did before we turned to asexual reproduction.
Daniel: Did I say that out loud?*

*Michael Shanks provides the voice for Thor in the series.

Stricken
June 17th, 2005, 07:08 AM
^funny

dannyluver
June 17th, 2005, 08:56 AM
Funny, but a little sickening for me.

I say that we bring Jacob back. We brought Skaara back so why not Jacob/Selmak? At least, if the wedding isn't interrupted by Thor's wild fantasies.

Commander Aegir
June 17th, 2005, 10:29 AM
it would be a bit difficult because everyone that jack invites wouldn't be able to talk about anything because everything they do is classified

chyron
June 17th, 2005, 05:12 PM
Honeymoon Ideas anyone?

Nice little Caribbean cruise?
A two week stay on the Nox homeworld?
Saving the Galaxy from Bill Gates or the Ori?
Taking the O'Neil out for spin around the galaxy?

L-JADE
June 17th, 2005, 05:29 PM
President Hayes as the officiant
Teal'c as Best Man
Daniel as ring-bearer
Cassie as Maid of Honor
Hammond could give away Sam

Honeymoon place : P4X-347 (Land of the Light) it has its own palace and miles of sandy beach minus the Light of course. :p

And cake! gotta have cake for Jack : Chocolate-Rasberry cake sprinkled with Fruit Loops, decorated with blue & red jello. :D

And Maybourne might send his 'trained' band to play the music at the wedding. :)

TechnoWraith
June 17th, 2005, 05:33 PM
We need to have a stargate for them to walk through! :D

SuMmErTimE
June 17th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Chocolate-Rasberry cake sprinkled with Fruit Loops, decorated with blue & red jello?

funny...but im not sure there would be too many takers...

chyron
June 17th, 2005, 05:46 PM

I like the idea of flowers drapping the Stargate almost like a wreath-type of thing. But which planet should it be held on? It should be someplace convient to travel to, definately with a Stargate - no go'ualds or assorted wild life running around (although that would make for an entertaining 'reception'). Oh and it needs some really nice hotels for the out of town guests. A good caterer would be great though.

David
(Did I mention that Oma Poppins would be the Wedding Planner?)

dannyluver
June 18th, 2005, 09:24 AM
I say have the wedding held on that planet from "Forever in a Day" with the purple flowers. It was so beautiful. Put flowers all around the Stargate, and Sam and Jack can walk through it at the end to the honeymoon planet. Nice, huh?

Kalinda
June 18th, 2005, 12:35 PM
LMAO! LMAO!!

Okay, some things in this thread are most amusing =D Love the Thor thing! Thanks for the laugh, guys!

And on a more serious note - the idea of Jack and Sam getting married is pretty cut/cool, I think, though I'm not much of a shipper, it's still a fun idea to see how you all plan it, espeically since I doubt we'll ever see it come to pass, though there is a remote chance, I suppose.

TechnoWraith
June 18th, 2005, 01:02 PM
I say have the wedding held on that planet from "Forever in a Day" with the purple flowers. It was so beautiful. Put flowers all around the Stargate, and Sam and Jack can walk through it at the end to the honeymoon planet. Nice, huh?

Oh yeah, Chevron guy has to dial the gate, too. ;)

Lord Zedd
June 18th, 2005, 01:06 PM
So that he can carry her over the thresshold :p and than arrives on another planet

majorsal
June 18th, 2005, 04:08 PM
sam and jack should get married at lake tahoe, on the california side. i'd like it to be in winter, so the snow would be all around. teal'c and daniel best men, with cassie being maid of honor. hammond could give sam away. as for the rest of the stuff (honor guards or ushers or the ppl that stand around them - yes, i don't know what they're called :p), i leave it up to others to figure out.

as much as i'd love to see them both in their dress blues, i'd like to see them traditionally dressed more.

they stay at lake tahoe for the honeymoon (as soon as they kick everyone away so the fun can begin :p).

sally :D

chyron
June 18th, 2005, 06:14 PM
What if it were a Betazed wedding where everyone's is sans clothes? Oppps, sorry that's another universe. Don't want to go mixing the two or we'd end up with Sam marrying Wesley Crusher.

sam and jack should get married at lake tahoe, on the california side. i'd like it to be in winter, so the snow would be all around. teal'c and daniel best men, with cassie being maid of honor. hammond could give sam away. as for the rest of the stuff (honor guards or ushers or the ppl that stand around them - yes, i don't know what they're called :p), i leave it up to others to figure out.

as much as i'd love to see them both in their dress blues, i'd like to see them traditionally dressed more.

they stay at lake tahoe for the honeymoon (as soon as they kick everyone away so the fun can begin :p).

mazzmatazz
June 18th, 2005, 06:25 PM
What if it were a Betazed wedding where everyone's is sans clothes? Oppps, sorry that's another universe. Don't want to go mixing the two or we'd end up with Sam marrying Wesley Crusher.

Haha, great minds - I was pondering a bad joke about Risa earlier! :p

majorsal
June 18th, 2005, 07:38 PM

yeah, a betazed wedding! :p

chyron
June 19th, 2005, 05:44 AM
Thor at least would fit in.

yeah, a betazed wedding! :p

dannyluver
June 19th, 2005, 09:33 AM
Thor at least would fit in.
I think that Thor should be the ring bearer. He's small! Traditionally, a little person is the ringbearer (young person). Thor is little (not young).

sg-1fanintn
June 19th, 2005, 09:36 AM
I don't care where they get married, who's in it or what they wear. I just care that they're finally allowed to follow their hearts!

dannyluver
June 19th, 2005, 09:37 AM
That's right! At least a hint! LET THE WEDDING BELLS RING!

gatebee
June 19th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Baal should be the priest , he is a god after all

TechnoWraith
June 19th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Jimmy (the First Wraith who looks like Steve - appears in Rising) should be the limo driver. :p

And yes, Thor would make a nice ringbearer. He can transport the rings in when it's time. No having to worry about losing them en route to the altar.

dannyluver
June 20th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Yes, but I would think that Sam and Jack don't know Jimmy the Wraith. But of course, that's not really an issue! "Beam in the rings, Thor!" haha...or he could use the rings to transport the rings. HA! Wait...that's not really funny...hmmm...oh well! And it would be hard for me to attend the wedding if Ba'al were the priest because I would be too distracted by his extreme hottness.

Neelan_Liquor
June 21st, 2005, 06:30 AM
Okay, this wedding is getting WAY outta control! :D

TechnoWraith
June 21st, 2005, 05:17 PM
Yes, but I would think that Sam and Jack don't know Jimmy the Wraith.

Nobody knows the limo driver most of the time. ;)

dannyluver
June 22nd, 2005, 09:51 AM
Good point. I think that I would be a little scared to have any wraith driving my limo. Not that I have one, but still!

da_hippie
June 22nd, 2005, 11:53 AM
The wedding will never get as far as the honeymoon. Half way through the ceremony, a massive group of Thor clones will rush in and carry Carter away so that they can be together forever.

Failing that, maybe Fifth will make an appearance of some sort with Replicarter on his arm.

TechnoWraith
June 22nd, 2005, 01:08 PM
Good point. I think that I would be a little scared to have any wraith driving my limo. Not that I have one, but still!

Aw, c'mon. We Wraith aren't that bad, now are we? ;) :D :p

cat
June 22nd, 2005, 01:15 PM
Okay, this wedding is getting WAY outta control! :D

you're telling me ;)

da_hippie
June 22nd, 2005, 02:02 PM
Just out of curiosity...who's paying for this wedding? Sounds like its going to be expensive what with bringing everyone from the Pegasus galaxy and such.

TechnoWraith
June 22nd, 2005, 03:19 PM
Just out of curiosity...who's paying for this wedding? Sounds like its going to be expensive what with bringing everyone from the Pegasus galaxy and such.

US taxpayers are. Remember how uncle sam managed to find a few billion dollars to run the Stargate program? Well guess where Uncle sam's getting the dough this time! :D

dannyluver
June 22nd, 2005, 03:47 PM
That's right, people. Cheer up because some of the funds for the Stargate program are going towards a noble cause! The wedding!

chyron
June 27th, 2005, 08:58 AM
Aw, c'mon. We Wraith aren't that bad, now are we? ;) :D :p

Yes you are and your mother wears combat boots.