This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nanotech in Stargate

What do you think would be good applications for nanotechnology we've "borrowed" in the Stargate universe? Say we can reverse engineer it and get it to work what would you like to see?

I think the nanocytes seen in Brief Candle would be great little medical miracles, just think of the possibilities.......repair if inborn genetic problems, healing wounds, delay of ageing..........they could be endless!!

What ideas do you all have??

Creating human form replicators, oh no wait nasa's trying that one!
    But medical issues are the key, having them in the bloodstream could enhance your body etc.....like jake 2.0 for those whove seen it. that would be cool.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Now the human-form replicator technology could be pretty exciting too........could be used to make reconfigurable devices etc........think a backpack that can breakdown and reassemble around ya into a layer of armour.......or even clothes/uniforms made out of them......

Comment

Maybe that's what SG-1 carries with them in those magic pockets. Nanoblocks that change into whatever you need...
        JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
        VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
        MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
        LANDRY
        : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
        Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
        Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
        Mmm... Green...

Comment

They would mostly be used for medicince but also as weapons, we could use them to wipe out the wraith, just have them search out all wraiths and kill them. We could use this for other enemies too. They could be used to help fix things, like computers and machines. But they should not be made into human form replicators.

Owen Macri

Comment

We could do something kinda like the nano's in Hot Zone
            JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
            LANDRY
            Mmm... Green...

Comment

Yes, but so they kill wraith, lol, instead of humans. lol

Owen Macri

Comment

It all sounds pretty neat... but you can't help feeling that it's going to go bad somewhere! If SG1 decided to use it it's bound to blow up in their faces, that's what keeps the show interesting. Is there a sci-fi show anywhere in which artificial inteligence hasn't turned around to bite humanity back?
                Elando na coinya!

Comment

O'neill: "C'mon, Nanobot Hal, Open the Stargate!"
                  Nanobot Hal: "I can't do that... O'neill..."
                  Last edited by 6thMonolith; 16 June 2005, 04:24 PM.
                  LANDRY
                  Mmm... Green...

Comment

I'm not sure, there might have been one. I remember a movie where artificial intelligence didn't blow up thier faces, I think it was called... "I, Robot." Lol!

O'Neill: "Come on Hal, just leave us alone!"
                    Hal: "But I would much rather eat you."

Owen Macri

Comment

O'Neill: "Alright, nanotech Hal, I'll have to deactivate you now!"
                      (Just the thought of a nanite singing Daisy, Daisy )

The possibilities of Nanotech in Stargate are endless.
                      LANDRY
                      Mmm... Green...

Comment

We could use nano tech to grow entire structures, like buildings, bridges, transport terminals, or coat trees with nano based polymers, so they would be resistant to weather, that would be great!

Comment

ya, except if the building gets hit with an em pulse the nano bots all deactivate and the building isn't so much a building but a pile of metal.

Owen Macri

Comment

The most impressive use of nanotech thus far in either series was those used in the SG-1 episode Learning Curve. The Orbanians used their nanites to learn very quickly, the problem was in order for them to learn, one of their children had to forget all their knowledge. Since they didn't know about teaching, their kids basically sat around like veggies.

However, if everybody had those nanites in their brains, and they were able to communicate with each other wirelessly, people could learn just about anything instantly. The nanites from one person could relay information to the nanites in another person, thus allowing people to learn new skills and knowledge.

Just think about Neo in the Matrix:

Neo: I know kung fu.
                            Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Yes, they would make a good comunications device, (I know I am going to sound like a Borg or something) but it would be far more efficient to communicate telepathically. However if they ever develop sentience it would not be pretty, allthough they could simply be used as transmiters and recievers, everyones brain speaks the same laguage so all it would need to go is convert the brain signals to some kind of radio signal, and then back again. However the technology would have to be carfully programed so that you could activate it when ever you want to and share only the information that you want to. So it would be a little more dificult than it seems, there would be mental training required, allthough it would not be incredible mental training, just like reading the manual on a piece of technology before you use it.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                              X