X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charlie Jade Discussion/Appreciation

Alright, who has seen this show?

Basically it's a 20 episode science-fiction/mystery series that is absolutely amazing. Each episode the story get's more and more egrossing!

However, it is much like Farscape in the fact that if you miss even a minute, you're lost.
    sigpic
    In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Anyone hear about this tv show "Charlie Jade" - what happened it ?I think some Canadian channel, British channel and 'Space' aired it about a year ago

Basically it followed an investigative story with a dark stylish look. It was filmed on some beautiful locations in Africa. Reminds me of a cross between a humphrey bogart movie and the Sliders, X-Files series. Really nice show with a fresh story and fresh cast

Comment

I spotted this news item a few days ago

We have 5 copies of Charlie Jade to giveaway. For a chance to WIN email your name & address to
      [email protected] with the subject Charlie Jade.
      http://www.southafrican.co.uk/living.aspx?ID=513

Comment

it has a wiki entry

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Jade

Comment

it never aired in the United States, people have been buying the dvd boxsets from Japan and all kinds of places

Comment

some reviews

Comment

I was going to open a thread on this but opted not to when I found out that it hadn't aired in the US, most likely because one of the protagonists is a terrorist type character that we are meant to sympathize with.

Personally I was quite intrigued by the plot. The main characters seemed varied and unique enough to keep things interesting all the way through the season. Plenty of minor plotlines with enough 'mystery' to keep you guessing as well. I think the major downside for some people would be the fact that things don't often move at a quick enough pace.

Comment

will there be a season 2 ?

Comment

At this stage, I'd doubt it. There has been a lot of talk about having already finished writing for the second season but I've heard nothing of actual filming. I think they had hoped to be picked up by Sci Fi or the likes in a bid to gain a decent sized fanbase for the show.

Comment

This sounds interesting, haven’t heard of it before now. Might check this out. Thanks for the inadvertent heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by lunarleviathan View Post
                      This sounds interesting, haven’t heard of it before now. Might check this out. Thanks for the inadvertent heads up.
                      Snap, I had no idea this even existed until now.

Comment

Just watched the pilot and it was suprisingly good. Not really sure what's going on yet entirely. The production quality was suprisingly higher that I had expected. The whole thing felt very solid, well put together and thought out. The premise is awesome, so I'm really looking forward to watching the rest of the season when I have time.

Yet again, glad this thread is here or I likely wouldn't have ever seen this.

Searching around the net though seems to indicate that this show simply died back in '06 due to lack of funding? Shame, seems good..
                        Last edited by lunarleviathan; 12 March 2008, 10:48 AM.

Comment

The show had more issues than a lack of funding. Apparently they changed out all the writers part way through the season. Also, having a sympathetic terrorist character made it difficult to find networks willing to broadcast the show. Many weren't willing to take on such a theme at this time. They did see out the season though, but unless the show takes off with some mainstream exposure they'd be creating new episodes for a tiny target audience.

Comment

more news

Charlie Jade Heads to SCI FI

NEW YORK, March 26: SCI FI Channel has acquired the U.S. broadcast rights to the science-fiction series Charlie Jade from Park Entertainment.

The series follows Charlie Jade, a rogue private detective in a world dominated by greedy multinational corporations. When Charlie sees the corpse of a beautiful young woman, he realizes that she has no identity, something inconceivable in Charlie’s world. While investigating the case he is led to a parallel universe and is drawn into a conflict with far-ranging, multi-dimensional effects.

Created by Chris Roland and Robert Wertheimer, the series is written by Guy Mullally, David Cole and Stephen Zoller. It is executive produced by Robert Wertheimer, Chris Roland, Izidore Codron, Robin Spry and Jacques Pettigrew.

The series has already aired in France, Italy, the U.K., Japan, Korea, Southeast Asia, Eastern Europe, Canada and South Africa.

Post-production and CGI for the series was handled by CinéGroupe in Montréal, who over the last year have produced two series, Galidor: Defenders of the Outer Dimension and Tripping The Rift, for the U.S. networks.

“I am delighted that SCI FI has agreed to acquire Charlie Jade,” said Jim Howell, the CEO of Park Entertainment. “Since the show was made, the Internet has been abuzz with enquires about when the series will be shown on television in the U.S. and available on DVD and to download. I am pleased to say that sci-fi fans will not have to wait much longer!”

—By Ned Berke

Comment

I planned on checking this out when it showed but only managed watch snippets of the premiere but never bothered watching anymore.

The Moment that should NOT have happened!

Comment

Working...
                              X