Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fate of the Starbase (RECKONING spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fate of the Starbase (RECKONING spoilers)

I'm a big fan of the Goa'uld starbase, introduced in "Summit." With the formation of the Free Jaffa nation, the Replicators have left many Goa'uld ships bare, perfect for picking by the Free Jaffa and the remnants of the Goa'uld. Is anyone else hoping they'll nab the Starbase and move it to the Dakara System? Is this even possible?

Wouldn't see why that wouldn't happen.

But the writers might have something esle in mind for the Starbase, too. What, i have no clue.

On another note, can the Starbase even be moved? In other words, does it have any sort of thrust system that would allow it to move like a ship? It doesn't look like a structure that would be very flight capable if you ask me, but i'm probably mistaken in that assumption.

Comment

Now that I think about it, if a Goa'uld mothership can move an asteroid into Earth's solar system, surely they can tow a space station around. I think the asteroid was far larger than the station, and obviously its mass was far greater because its core was of naquadah.

Comment

I believe that the wirters may add in the Starbase, what they will do with it...

However it would be relativly easy to move the space station. If the space station does have some kind of propulsion system, it would, in fact, be very easy. This is assuming that the propulsion system is meant for that kind of movement, or can be configured to work like that.

However if a propulsion system was not included, the only thing that needs to happen is for a ship to use a tractor beam to tow it into hyperspace, this would not be hard, and as you have mentioned they have done it before.

However I do not believe they would move the station to Dakara system. The Free Jaffa Nation would want to capture more Goa'uld territory, assuming that the station is even in Goa'uld territory, they would not want to, nor need to move it. The station does not seem like a deffensive or offensive medium, it simply seems like a meeting centre. They would not need it to defend Dakara, and if it is a simply meeting centre than they might as well leave it where it is.

Allthough there is the possibility that with the Goa'uld not a major threat anymore, and Dakara is seen as a holy place they might move it there to serve as a centre for the high preists.

There is a possibility that they could move it to Dakara, and there is a possibility that they won't, however if they wanted to, it would not be a difficult feat.

Owen Macri

Comment

They could move it to our area and park in next to the moon. Convert it into condos, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by David
            Now that I think about it, if a Goa'uld mothership can move an asteroid into Earth's solar system, surely they can tow a space station around. I think the asteroid was far larger than the station, and obviously its mass was far greater because its core was of naquadah.

I was thinking the samething, we have shown an ability to move massive objects, they can tow the thing to wherever they want. Although you would think the Goa'uld would have designed the Starbase to be moved (with a drive system) or towed fairly easily.
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
            Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

That is not necesarily true, if you build a house, do you coun't on moving it across the continent? You may build in support beams (maneuvering thrusters) incase of small movements that you need to compensate for.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                That is not necesarily true, if you build a house, do you coun't on moving it across the continent? You may build in support beams (maneuvering thrusters) incase of small movements that you need to compensate for.

Owen Macri
                But this is space, and as you've said, there's such thing as inertial dampeners.
                JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                LANDRY
                : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                Mmm... Green...

Comment

Originally posted by 6thMonolith
                  But this is space, and as you've said, there's such thing as inertial dampeners.
                  All you really need to do to move something in space is give it a good shove. A gao'uld mothership could easily provide the "shove". The problem comes with getting it to stop moving. (As well as navigating around treacherous areas of space. But it seems that the Starbase could be towed by a couple of Gao'uld motherships).

Comment

Yes, a quick burst of kinetic energy would do it, allthough it would be moving incredibly slowly, so a tow through hyperspace would be more effective.

Owen Macri

Comment

Would the Starbase survive a trip through hyperspace?

Comment

It is likley, there is nothing that would stop it.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                          It is likley, there is nothing that would stop it.

Owen Macri
                          Well, You gotta make sure that SOMETHING stops it. Remember Enemies?
                          JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                          VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                          MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                          LANDRY
                          : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                          Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                          Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                          Mmm... Green...

Comment

Lol, I meant that nothing would stop it from being towed in hyperspace, but that is a point that you need to keep in consideration as well. lol!

Owen Macri

Comment

Personally, I think if they did use it, they (the Jaffa Nation) would probably use it for what it was built, a meeting place. I also think it has more purpose than that. Its kinda big for that single purpose. They could use it as a base of operations, similar to the Atlantis City Ship.

Comment

Working...
                              X