This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ship disabiling idea

How about a REALLY big version of the zat, for disabiling ships. we have seen (i think) that it messes with computer equipment...

Help!
    My emojournal

Large Zats are our answer for everything. How do you think we'll get rid of the Wraith?
    JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
    VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
    MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
    LANDRY
    : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
    Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
    Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
    Mmm... Green...

Comment

when all else fails, make a REALLY BIG GUN.

Help!
      My emojournal

Comment

or a really good ship............
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
          or a really good ship............

....or both?!?!?!

Help!
          My emojournal

Comment

I'm thinking a big honkin' space gun should do. And a really big battery to run it with.
            JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
            LANDRY
            Mmm... Green...

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson
              How about a REALLY big version of the zat, for disabiling ships. we have seen (i think) that it messes with computer equipment...
              Watch Goldeneye (Bond, James Bond)...But I think we'd need a bigger blast to knock out a Wraith ship.
              sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Hudson
                ....or both?!?!?!
                or a big honkin ship with a big gun and a giant ZPM!
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                  or a big honkin ship with a big gun and a giant ZPM!
                  Problem ! How would control the backfire on that thing.
                  We'd probably end up ramming the ship into the very planet we're trying to protect !
                  sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Just aim it AWAY from the wraith planet...
                    LANDRY
                    Mmm... Green...

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
                      Problem ! How would control the backfire on that thing.
                      We'd probably end up ramming the ship into the very planet we're trying to protect !
                      inertial dampening field around the gun platform!
                      sigpic
                      11000! green me

Comment

Oooh! That WOULD be wicked! Or how about a pure warship. ZPM powered and BRISTLING with ZPM powered beams (like on the satellite), boosted railguns (more power to get the projectiles to REALLY high speeds), maybe even ZPM powered Asgard weaponry. It also needs missile tubes firing Naquada/Naquadria enhanced nuclear missiles. The shields would all be ZPM powered and the ship about 1/2-1/3 the size of the Promethius at most. It would basically be a spaceborne gunship that you would NOT want to mess with. Let the wraith bring it cause we sure are!

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
                          Oooh! That WOULD be wicked! Or how about a pure warship. ZPM powered and BRISTLING with ZPM powered beams (like on the satellite), boosted railguns (more power to get the projectiles to REALLY high speeds), maybe even ZPM powered Asgard weaponry. It also needs missile tubes firing Naquada/Naquadria enhanced nuclear missiles. The shields would all be ZPM powered and the ship about 1/2-1/3 the size of the Promethius at most. It would basically be a spaceborne gunship that you would NOT want to mess with. Let the wraith bring it cause we sure are!
                          And considering Earth's large supply of ZPMs, that doesn't seem to be a problem.
                          Rocky

Comment

I don't know about a realy big Zat, however if you could create a large scale weapon using the same technology it might be a feasalbe option for attacking defensless ships without shields. lol. It seems as though the Zat would have no effect on an energy shield.

Owen Macri

Comment

Just give em the booby trapped ZPM

Comment

Working...
                              X