PDA

View Full Version : How were Stargates made and placed?

AncientOne
June 1st, 2005, 10:25 PM
I am curious how Stargates are manufactured and placed. Seeing as the Ancients like to think BIG, I imagine that they have a ship that functions as a mining facility for Naquadah and as a manufacturing facility for Stargates and DHDs... It would fly to each designated planet determined by the Ancient High Council and deposit a Stargate with a DHD there... I hope this is explained! We haven't come across any ancient mines of Naquadah except the Gou'ald's. :D God I love Ancient tech...

Stricken
June 2nd, 2005, 03:10 AM
I am curious how Stargates are manufactured and placed. Seeing as the Ancients like to think BIG, I imagine that they have a ship that functions as a mining facility for Naquadah and as a manufacturing facility for Stargates and DHDs... It would fly to each designated planet determined by the Ancient High Council and deposit a Stargate with a DHD there... I hope this is explained! We haven't come across any ancient mines of Naquadah except the Gou'ald's. :D God I love Ancient tech...

We wont the Ancients havent been artound for 10000 years, meaning anything left is well preserved. The Goa'uld's (more than likely) have had mining operations where the Ancients once did, because the Goa'uld were dominant until we came along.

The "how the stargates got there" question has puzzeled many, in a clip i have somewhere *looks* David Hewlit (Makay) reads the question "How did the Ancients get the gates on the planets with only puddle jumpers?" His answer was "Don't know"

SPOILER ALERT

Hopefully we will find out in Season 9 with the team exploring the origns of the Ancients and the Gatebuilders, which is on Gateworld somewhere, which throws open the possibility that the Ancients didnt make the Gates!!!!!

EDIT
Here you go!

"One of the things we're going to be exploring in Season Nine is the origin of the Ancients and the Gatebuilders. And it's something I know fans have been sort of very curious about, and have sort of asked to see. And that is one of the things we're really going to be delving into: Who the Ancients really are, and where they came from, and we may even get a chance to go there."

_Owen_
June 2nd, 2005, 09:00 PM
Maybe the Ancients have really powerfull matter/energy conversion/transportation technology. AKA, they can push a couple buttons and have a gate and DHD fully programmed on the desired planet. A way they could accomplish this is by converting energy into matter using subatomic specifications of the Stargate and DHD.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 3rd, 2005, 11:17 AM
So Ancient Scotty would beam a 'gate down to a planet?

_Owen_
June 3rd, 2005, 12:48 PM
Pretty much. Except he would technically beam pure energy down to a planet, were they in orbit, and then the energy would be materialized on the planets' surface as a Stargate and DHD.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 3rd, 2005, 12:54 PM
That'd be a very impressive piece of technology. It'd take ZPM amounts of energy to do that, but I guess that's what they had. They'd also have to be close to the planet to start beaming, because who knows what'll happen if they just send the beam on a 22 year jouney to a random class-M planet.

I'm still sticking with the theory that the Ancients just went around the universe in large gateships(not puddlejumpers) and planted 'gates this way.

_Owen_
June 3rd, 2005, 12:59 PM
Actualy it would only take a very limited amount of energy, the stargate bassically does this all of the time.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 3rd, 2005, 01:06 PM
The stargate doesn't make energy out of nothing. It takes it out of matter. Matter contains phenominal amounts of energy.

_Owen_
June 3rd, 2005, 01:13 PM
Oh, I thought you were refering to the process of materialization. I know that the Stargate doesn't create matter out of nothing. As for the amount of energy required, there is energy everywhere, it could be gathered to contribute to the matter required.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 3rd, 2005, 01:20 PM
...Or you could just assemble the gates and hand-place them on planets!

_Owen_
June 3rd, 2005, 01:30 PM
That would take to long, like cleaning every inch of The Empire State Building with a Q-Tip.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 3rd, 2005, 02:00 PM
They do have FTL ships, though. With good sensors, it wouldn't take THAT long.

_Owen_
June 3rd, 2005, 02:37 PM
You are right, technically the ships don't travel faster than light, but I know what you mean. However even with incredibly fast ships, they would need to stop at each individual planet. This would be like having a car that can go a thousand miles per hour, you only need to use it to go 10 meters, normally this trip would be incredibly fast, however there is one condition of using this car, you must stop every milimeter. Now this journey would take an incredible amount of time.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 3rd, 2005, 04:04 PM
Who says that people have to be in that car? The ship could be robotic.

_Owen_
June 3rd, 2005, 05:36 PM
It is possible but then the Ancients would have had to build a fleet of gate distribution ships. The point is not whether or not there were people in them, the fact is that it would still take a very long time to distribute all of the gates. I am not saying that it is not a possibility, I am just saying that a much faster way would be a huge matter/energy rearanger/transporter/converter.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 4th, 2005, 02:54 PM
It would still take a very long time to distribute all of the gates.

Well, the Ancients did have a few million years to burn before the Goa'uld came along... :P

_Owen_
June 4th, 2005, 08:32 PM
A few million, I would say more than a couple billion. The Ancients are the oldest race we have encountered thus far, they would be incredibly old, and the Goa'uld are relativly a new race in the stargate universe compared to the Ancients.

Owen Macri

cobraR478
June 4th, 2005, 08:55 PM
A few million, I would say more than a couple billion. The Ancients are the oldest race we have encountered thus far, they would be incredibly old, and the Goa'uld are relativly a new race in the stargate universe compared to the Ancients.

Owen Macri
If the Ancients are that old, and don't have a robotic army capable of destroying the Wraith in 30 seconds, they suck tremendously.

_Owen_
June 4th, 2005, 09:10 PM
I am sure that they could have built a robotic army that could destroy the wraith in 30 seconds, but they never needed until they came upon the wraith. Then if they did build a robotic army capable of destroying the wraith in 30 seconds, we wouldn't have a Stargate: Atlantis.

Owen Macri

Col. Newman
June 4th, 2005, 09:41 PM

Owen Macri
I’m gonna have to disagree with u on this one Owen, a couple billion? i would say more like the Ancients have been around for 50 to 100 million years, not a couple billion

_Owen_
June 5th, 2005, 05:01 AM
I guess, can we say 500 million, or how about a thousand milliion, lol. I understand your point it just seems that the older they were the more advanced they were and since we are them it just seems so much cooler if they were a couple billion years old.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 5th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Billion or Million, they still had time to make the 'gate system. The more time that they had, the more likely that they used ships.

_Owen_
June 5th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Not necesarily, allthough if they did have more time they could take it and dodle around the galaxy in ships putting all of the gates out. However that is not how they would have thought, they wouldn't have thought, "Oh we can take our time and then in a million years we can use the gate network, sure we could go faster but then it would be stressful." No, if you were building something wouldn't you want it to be done as soon as possible so you can use it? The faster they got all the gates out, the faster they could use the network. Even though they had more time, they didn't know for sure that in a million years they would still be there to use the gate network, but they were pretty sure that they would be there in a week to use it if they had it ready by then.

Basically it is logical to have something finished sooner so it can be put into use sooner.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 5th, 2005, 09:55 AM
So the Ancients were just Armies of Spocks in a planning room thinking of more logical ways to create the system? :D

_Owen_
June 5th, 2005, 09:57 AM
Why not? lol.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 5th, 2005, 10:01 AM
They didn't have pointy ears or blue shirts in Before I sleep...

_Owen_
June 5th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Those were just holograms of us, so that we wouldn't be freaked out by there pointy ears, lol you said pointy eyes.

Owen Macri

Supreme Thor
June 5th, 2005, 10:12 AM
They didn't have pointy ears or blue shirts in Before I sleep...

You're right! They should've been wearing red shirts! :D

6thMonolith
June 5th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Gotta love that edit feature! :D

But in that episode, we saw real Ancients... I hope.

Supreme Thor
June 5th, 2005, 10:15 AM
I would think so...Unless it's one of those things like in "Scorched Earth" where the programs were just made in their image so that they could understand each other, etc.

_Owen_
June 5th, 2005, 10:20 AM
No, those were definetly real Ancients. TPTB made us the second evolution of the race, they made us basically less evolved Ancients, this was because it makes us feel cool and important, and everyone likes to feel like they are the center of attention.

Owen Macri

Supreme Thor
June 5th, 2005, 10:21 AM
Stupid superior, high-tech *******s...just gotta have ALL the attention! :D

_Owen_
June 5th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Lol, I was saying that we needed to have all the attention, that is why they made us the second evolution of the most powerful race ever to live.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 5th, 2005, 10:26 AM
...And the good TV shows! ;)

_Owen_
June 5th, 2005, 10:28 AM
lol.

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 5th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Whoah! When did I hit Death Glider Pilot? 350?

Anyhoo, We're also the one's with Gateworld! :D ;) :)

_Owen_
June 5th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Ya, you got Death Glider Pilot at 350, congratulations!

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 5th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Lets break out the cake and pie! ;)

_Owen_
June 5th, 2005, 02:53 PM
I wouldn't mind that, lets have a party! When and where?!

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 5th, 2005, 04:38 PM
We sould start a milestone post mark in OT. And you bring the cake.

_Owen_
June 5th, 2005, 05:07 PM
Lol, that is a good idea, don't forget beer!

Owen Macri

Col. Newman
June 5th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Lol, that is a good idea, don't forget beer!

Owen MacriAren't you only 14?

_Owen_
June 5th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Lol, shhh...

I'm not a drunk but it isn't like I have never tasted alcohol before.

Owen Macri

Col. Newman
June 5th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Well i've tasted it but spit it out immediately, it was Jose Cuervo, Yuck, but that’s probably a good thing since my grandfather was a "Glug Glug" u know

_Owen_
June 5th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Lol, a "glug glug." I was just wondering how old are you?

Owen Macri

_Owen_
June 5th, 2005, 05:55 PM
Never mind I should have looked at your profile...

Owen Macri

Col. Newman
June 5th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Lol, a "glug glug." I was just wondering how old are you?

Owen Macri16, 17 in october

_Owen_
June 5th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Yes, I realised that after I read your profile, thank you though. Anyways, what were we talking about other than beer?

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 5th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Yes, I realised that after I read your profile, thank you though. Anyways, what were we talking about other than beer?

Owen Macri

Starting a thread in OT. And before that, the Ancients, and how they placed the 'gates.

_Owen_
June 5th, 2005, 07:17 PM
Right, right...

Owen Macri

6thMonolith
June 6th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Right. So, keeping this on topic, do you think that the Ancients ever developed a trek-like synthahol?

_Owen_
June 6th, 2005, 12:28 PM
It is possible, but I don't think they drank that much, they seem to advanced to derive pleasure from a simple alcoholic mixture.

Owen Macri

Col. Newman
June 6th, 2005, 12:36 PM
It is possible, but I don't think they drank that much, they seem to advanced to derive pleasure from a simple alcoholic mixture.

Owen MacriIf they had anything that would get you "High" or whatever it would probably be a peice of tech that affected the pleasure center of the Brain, but i would think that since they were so advanced that they would have surpassed even wanting anything like that

_Owen_
June 6th, 2005, 12:49 PM
I could understand a device, but not drugs or alcohol because eventually those will cause physicall harm to your body, if you have enough.

However the device would need a time limit on it so that they couldn't get addicted.

Owen Macri

Col. Newman
June 6th, 2005, 01:12 PM
I could understand a device
yup thats what i ment by a piece of tech

_Owen_
June 6th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Oh, no, sorry, I wasn't saying that I could understand a device, I was saying that I could understand if the Ancients had a device. Sorry.

Owen Macri

Col. Newman
June 6th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Oh, no, sorry, I wasn't saying that I could understand a device, I was saying that I could understand if the Ancients had a device. Sorry.

Owen Macriwho, WHat, Where, im confused :confused: but it's not important, sooo anyway

_Owen_
June 6th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Never mind, it was just a misunderstanding, lol.

Owen Macri

Col. Newman
June 6th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Never mind, it was just a misunderstanding, lol.

Owen MacriOky Doky :)

_Owen_
June 6th, 2005, 04:38 PM
lol

Owen Macri

fair_nymph
June 9th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Ancient technology appears to be quite advanced (enough to have matter compilers and nanite tech etc), but I'm still guessing that they probably placed the stargates by ship. How they were made, I'm not sure, but their intricacy implies machine or hand made, not a matter compiler.

_Owen_
June 9th, 2005, 03:44 PM
It is a possibility, we can't discount anything until we know for sure.

Owen Macri

BloomGate
June 26th, 2005, 02:30 AM
I think the ancients deposited stargates on worlds as they explored and populated them. This of course happened over many many years.

Gee whiz, it's only been like 60 years since the first one, and how many freaking McDonalds are there all over the world? And I'd bet that they are significanly easier to build than a stargate! ;)

_Owen_
June 26th, 2005, 07:13 AM
It seemed like they had already, explored, terraformed, and populated worlds when the put gates on them.

Does it not seem like they would already have explored and then someone would come up with an idea for a device that lets you travel to all of them in what seems like no time flat?

Owen Macri

swordfish
July 1st, 2005, 10:46 AM
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...to 6thMonolith and Owen Macri!! :)) loooooool i have never seen a more amusing debate in a long time :)) and i have to say i am on the 6thMonolith's side :P sorry owen, but he does have a point... actually... more points (no offence) but still, i disagree with the energy conversion into matter and bn-year old Ancients. they're not that ancient.

Quakerbone
July 1st, 2005, 12:32 PM
The Ancients were known as "The Gatebuilders" in the Alliance, and it appears that the Gates were distributed to places not under Ancient control.

The Asgard possess a Stargate as an alternative method of transportation, andhave been seen manipulating a lot of interesting functions that we cannot even comprehend. The Tollann and Nox both created a brand-new Stargate on Tollanna, and it would appear that the Furling knew something about the Gates too. We can assume that each race a specific technology or knowledge to the Alliance: The Asgard- Hyperdrives; The Nox- Teleportation and cloaking; and the Ancients- Stargates. All the races know of these technologies now, so we can assume that sharing knowledge (As implied by Dr. Jackson in "Tantalus") would allow similarly advaned races to build their own Stargates.

This could mean that, if we have the right knowledge of Naquada, superconductors, wormholes, and crystal processors, we (The Tau'Ri) might also be able to construct our own Stargates. Average household parts can be used to make a functional Gate, as Orlin proved. If we have the technology and materials of the Goa'Uld and the Asgard at our disposal, how hard could it be to build a simple prototype?

If we could do it, and place them with something as cheap as, maybe, an X-303 or Al'kesh and an Asgard transporter, the Ancients would have no problem.

briguy213
July 1st, 2005, 06:02 PM
By very advance ships, to advance for our primitive minds to understand. Except for O'neill.

Col. Newman
July 2nd, 2005, 10:27 AM
The Ancients were known as "The Gatebuilders" in the Alliance, and it appears that the Gates were distributed to places not under Ancient control. no the Acients are known as the gatebuilder throughout the SG universe

We can assume that each race a specific technology or knowledge to the Alliance: The Asgard- Hyperdrives; The Nox- Teleportation and cloaking; and the Ancients- Stargates. um why would we assume that? i would assume that all the races were quite capable of creating Hyperdrives, teleporters, cloaking devices, etc.

This could mean that, if we have the right knowledge of Naquada, superconductors, wormholes, and crystal processors, we (The Tau'Ri) might also be able to construct our own Stargates. Average household parts can be used to make a functional Gate, as Orlin proved. If we have the technology and materials of the Goa'Uld and the Asgard at our disposal, how hard could it be to build a simple prototype? what is your point?

Unamed
July 2nd, 2005, 03:51 PM
Perhaps the ancients had massive motherships "transports" Which they used to bring gates to the various planets...
I really hope we get to see more ancient ships bigger than the pj's

Col. Newman
July 2nd, 2005, 09:58 PM
Perhaps the ancients had massive motherships "transports" Which they used to bring gates to the various planets...
I really hope we get to see more ancient ships bigger than the pj'si Believe your wish will come true in season 2. I can't wait

_Owen_
July 3rd, 2005, 06:27 PM
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...to 6thMonolith and Owen Macri!! :)) loooooool i have never seen a more amusing debate in a long time :)) and i have to say i am on the 6thMonolith's side :P sorry owen, but he does have a point... actually... more points (no offence) but still, i disagree with the energy conversion into matter and bn-year old Ancients. they're not that ancient.
That is alright, you have your right to your oppinion. But if you disagree that the stargate converts matter into energy and then back again, than your disagreement is flawed, it has been stated in the show that this is what the Stargate does, a noteable episode is "48 Hours."

We can assume that each race a specific technology or knowledge to the Alliance: The Asgard- Hyperdrives; The Nox- Teleportation and cloaking; and the Ancients- Stargates.

I agree with Col. Newman here, this is something that we can not assume. The Asgard had hyperdrives, transporters, as well as countless other pieces of technology. The Nox, also possesed other technologies, their teleportation an cloaking seem a result of mental powers. The Ancients also had transportation, the stargates are basically transporters, and they also had the rings, as well, as other transporters such as the closet-like one in Atlantis. No race specifically brought in one skill or piece of technology, they all contributed their collective knowledge.

Owen Macri

jaden10
July 17th, 2005, 03:29 AM
Maybe the Ancients have really powerfull matter/energy conversion/transportation technology. AKA, they can push a couple buttons and have a gate and DHD fully programmed on the desired planet.
Owen Macri
That sounds more viable being the Asgard can transport from Galaxy to Galaxy. Proof of that is in Season 7 episode 3 Fragile Balance. When Carter, Teal'c, Jackson and the 2 O'Neil's were trying to contact Thor cause O'Neill was cloned
by Loki (Norse God of Mischief) and they were trying to contact Thor to fix the problem, they tried to contact him and about a minute later Thor appeared out of no where.

Now going on that assumption I figured that the Ancients were more advanced then the Asgard when the Stargates were build. Hell you would have to be overtly advanced just to make the Stargates, so I would say they beamed the gates from there home world. Where ever the hell that is. I guess we will find out this season.

_Owen_
July 17th, 2005, 05:53 PM
The Ancients were probably, millions, if not tens of millions of years more advanced than the Asgard.

Owen Macri

Three PhDs
August 6th, 2005, 04:27 PM
I imagined they'd be little ships that fly off in their hundreds, maybe even thousands and land on any suitable planet, build the gate and then dial home. The entire galaxy could be filled with them in only a few thousand years.

_Owen_
August 6th, 2005, 04:44 PM
That is a possibility, they could be fully automated as well.

Owen Macri

AncientOne
April 11th, 2008, 12:43 AM
"The idea of Stargate Universe is that it is set on a ship that was part of an Ancient experiment that was set in motion probably millions of years ago -- one that they never saw to fruition, but that we can," Wright told GateWorld exclusively. "They got busy with the whole ascension thing."

The experiment is "to send a ship across the universe, and to send one ahead of it to seed the galaxies with Stargates, and that they would one day use the ninth chevron to get there [to the ship]. And that's what Stargate Universe is." - The Stargate Universe Description

Wooooot! I originally posted this thread almost 3 years ago! When I was the description for Stargate Universe it's was nice to know I was close with my idea. Granted it got a lil' OT, but I'm intrigued with their idea for SGU.

Now knowing that the idea of a Stargate was being invented after the Alterans left the Ori Galaxy, probably while they were en route to the Milky Way galaxy, I think it's highly probable that whenever the Ancients arrived in a new Galaxy (Milky Way, Pegasus, etc.) they had a Gate Builder Starship to seed all the viable planets in a galaxy with Stargates. I mean, they have to have something that builds them and sets them up on planets. And I doubt they did it themselves, Ancients seem more like inventors and scientists, not really into hard labor...

Crazy Tom
April 11th, 2008, 06:09 AM
*looks around*

Nobody move a muscle...this thread's so ancient that It could colapse if you breathe the wrong way.:weiranime42:

marty2006
April 11th, 2008, 06:44 AM
Lol wots the deal with all the old threads being dragged up recently and the constant new threads about the same ancient topics.

Jarnin
April 11th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Lol wots the deal with all the old threads being dragged up recently...
People are using the forum search to find existing topics of discussions, like they're supposed to.

and the constant new threads about the same ancient topics.
Those are people not using the forum search to find existing topics of discussion.

But yeah, this thread is older than new dirt. Nice to see we finally got a definitive answer from the shows producers. It only took them three years...

wkw427
April 11th, 2008, 01:14 PM
I read through it..

Offtopic ftw? In a bad way

SP90
April 11th, 2008, 01:30 PM
So they say the ship is suppose to be the stargate factory. Does that mean it also includes tech to mine and refine the nadquadah? Would this ship be also responsible for placing the rings on every planet with a stargate? Seems like a awful waste of time if you go all the way to a planet to place a gate and dhd and not a set of rings too while your there.

kymeric
April 11th, 2008, 06:47 PM
lol, i bet itd suprise the #$%^ out of some giant squid aliens swimming about their buisness when suddenly a stargate beams down infront of them. Hay i wonder what this does? /jabbs at buttons. Ohay we can go places with this. SQUID EMPIRE UNITE!!!

Im gonna bet my money on some uber power source that makes them like a energy/matter converter. A mining/fabrication ship seems soo unancienty to me.

Wonder if the ship lands to drop off the gate. That would be seriously cool looking. Giant ship comes out of nowhere and leaves a gate. ET is all... wtf
DRIVE BY GATING!!!!

Crazy Tom
April 12th, 2008, 10:16 AM
:thoranime07:

ijffdrie
April 13th, 2008, 03:58 AM
So they say the ship is suppose to be the stargate factory. Does that mean it also includes tech to mine and refine the nadquadah? Would this ship be also responsible for placing the rings on every planet with a stargate? Seems like a awful waste of time if you go all the way to a planet to place a gate and dhd and not a set of rings too while your there.

i was just wondering the same...

i was also wondering if the alien races that get the gate in Stargate universe would get contact with earth too...

RM_2000_A
April 13th, 2008, 04:01 AM
It is possible, but with the extreme rarity of a ZPM, it might not be effective. Prolly through the use of an FTL transmitter, but I have never seen one, anyways.

Replihive
April 14th, 2008, 07:02 AM
If the Ancients are that old, and don't have a robotic army capable of destroying the Wraith in 30 seconds, they suck tremendously.

They do. Remember the little things called Asuran?

ijffdrie
April 14th, 2008, 07:07 AM
It is possible, but with the extreme rarity of a ZPM, it might not be effective. Prolly through the use of an FTL transmitter, but I have never seen one, anyways.

i doubt the ancients would drop a gate in a culturised area without giving them some way of contacting them

RedWolf
April 14th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Well this certainly messes up our theories on the 4 races alliance timeline.

We can't exactly tell when it began if Asgard intergalatic gate travel before their intergalactic hyperdrives were invented.

When I add the stargate ship's function with what we know of the Ancients.

The Ancients had no choice but to sacrifice the Milkyway lest the Ori invades everywhere else they've been to and not been to.

Also explains why they didn't do anything about Anubis too.

A bunch of big picture thinkers.

Why do get the feeling that messing around in another galaxy with an established tyranical superpower we may be pulling an Asgard.

Can we bluff our way out of this?

RM_2000_A
April 14th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Ummm...Can someone please clarify the above post for me? Or just explain it? I just don't understand

System Lord Seth
April 16th, 2008, 09:35 AM
I totally agree with Ancient One. Just as on Earth we have ships at sea that catch fish, process and pack them off for the stores, could not the Ancients have a ship, similar to a city- size ship to mine and procees the naquadah and assemble the Stargates. When the Ancients reached the Pegasus Galaxy they would not have know every single planet, and would have had to explore with this ship, placing Stargates at World's under their protection or off interest. It is a bit silly to believe that the Ancients would use a particle beam or weapon to place Stargate's on planets they knew nothing about.

RM_2000_A
April 16th, 2008, 08:09 PM
I totally agree with Ancient One. Just as on Earth we have ships at sea that catch fish, process and pack them off for the stores, could not the Ancients have a ship, similar to a city- size ship to mine and procees the naquadah and assemble the Stargates. When the Ancients reached the Pegasus Galaxy they would not have know every single planet, and would have had to explore with this ship, placing Stargates at World's under their protection or off interest. It is a bit silly to believe that the Ancients would use a particle beam or weapon to place Stargate's on planets they knew nothing about.

Umm, I agree with you for the most part,especially about the exploration, but mining? That just doesn't seem Ancienty to me.