X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Return For Futurama!

http://www.gotfuturama.com/cgi-bin/C...8,36520&Page=1

Over the last week, several sources from within the animation business have indicated to us that there is renewed talk at FOX about bringing fresh Futurama content directly to DVD. We corroborated this with other sources close to the show before publishing the information.

The talk is of course still in a preliminary stage. Options reported to us include one or more Futurama movies in case of a go-ahead.

Even though Futurama is not sure to return and the likelihood of its return is currently unknown, this is the first time in the past few years that we have heard of Futurama being discussed at the upper levels of FOX.

AND

http://www.gotfuturama.com/cgi-bin/C...77&Page=1#ctop
    taken from billywest.com's message board :

Well, I spoke to David X.Cohen because we did promos for a new Futurama compilation and he said that they did have talks with the top guys at FOX and they were extremely impressed with the sales of the Futurama DVDs. The idea was to make a Futurama movie right to DVD and then a 2nd and a 3rd. That's what's being discussed. Fox is trying to figure out a budget for the whole project, and it sounded like David X. was very jazzed!

I would love more than anything to do that show again. I thought it was best experience on every level... creatively, voice-wise, writing, animation and the laughs. The laughs. Writers and performers that respected each other.

--------------
    Having watched the final episode on the dvd's I bought last night (australia= no futurama after the first 5 episodes or so unless you had pay TV), and being very sad such a brilliant series was canned, this has brought hope that the show will have a comeback, either in movies, or possibly new episodes.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Awesome, hope this goes ahead Futurama > Simpsons IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
      I couldn't agree more. Futurama is brilliant, was so sad when it ended...it really would be great if this does happen.

Comment

This could be the best thing to happen since sliced bread!!!!

Comment

Great news. Hopefully they'll end up bringing it back like they did Family Guy.

Comment

Whoohoo! Now ZOIDBERG is the popular one!
            Last edited by Hywel; 24 May 2005, 01:13 PM.

Comment

"They're all like 'Stop spraying me with ink Zoidberg!' 'Put on pants Zoidberg!' 'Don't touch our fancy box Zoidberg'...Bah! Some day they'll watch, from down in the gutter they will, as King Zoidberg caresses their fancy box!"

"Deny my credit card application will you?"

"So, now Zoidberg is big huh? That's more like it!"

"Boo me off stage on open mike night, huh? I'll show you!"

"But if Zoidberg fixes it - perhaps gifts!"

"The important thing is I'm meeting new people"

"I saw a frilly cake in here you would remember all your life..."
              "Late at night it haunts me with its frosted beauty".
              "Order the cake, dammit!"

Hooray for Zoidberg!

Comment

How did that show end? I never got to see the final episode.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                  How did that show end? I never got to see the final episode.
                  Badly. FOX, the geniuses that they are, decided to "play around" with the episode order, and the intended final episode, "Bender Should Not Be Allowed on TV" ended up airing in the middle of the season.
                  Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    I whole heartedly agree!
                    Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                      Badly. FOX, the geniuses that they are, decided to "play around" with the episode order, and the intended final episode, "Bender Should Not Be Allowed on TV" ended up airing in the middle of the season.
                      Actually, that is what FOX wanted the last episode to be (Which would have been a TERRIBLE choice). The intended (as much as you can "intend" it to be when you have a 50\50 chance of it being the last episode) episode was the one which aired, which is "The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings".

Just in case someone is watching the dvd's or something, this is a pretty short summary of the final episode.
                      Spoiler:
                      The last Start Caption is : See You On Another Network (which might come true now).

The last "Classic Animation" clip is the Planet Express ship crashing into the screen, in a last 1 fingered salute to FOX, who cancelled this classic show. Subtle, yet classy.

Fry makes a deal with the devil, he end's up with the Robot Devil's hands (random chance wheel spin), and can finally express his love for Leela (which he had done once in Time keeps on slippin, but Leela did'nt get to see it), with his holophoner (which he used in Parasites Lost), in an opera, but the Robot Devil's plot to get his hands back ends up (after a few other things) with Fry having to choose between having his crappy hands back, or the Robot Devil Marrying Leela and taking her back to Hell, of course, he chooses to give up his hands.

He sucks at the holophoner (basically it looks like an 6\7 year old's crayon drawings, and everyone leaves the opera, and he starts to leave, then Leela (the only one still there) says "Please don't stop playing Fry. I want to hear how it ends"

[Fry turns around. Leela is the only person left in the room. He smiles then sits down, picks up the holophonor and starts to play. The smoke whirls around above him and forms a crude cartoon-like image of him and Leela who turn to each other and take hold of one another's hand. They kiss, turn around and walk away towards the horizon, never taking their eyes off each other.]

Futurama's best episodes, are not the most funniest, like Family Guy, but infact the best episodes are the ones with story, heart and character, Jurrassic Bark, The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings, Luck of The Fryrish are all more about story, and cause a few tears, the writing, animation, voice acting and music all combine to produce amazing classic television (and my personal favourite show, yes including stargate sorry, having recently seen the entire run from the pilot to the last episode, which I watched 2 days ago), which is funny and touching, and has a backstory which if given the chance, would have been even more touched upon than it was.

My personal favourite is "The Sting", and I would have made it the last episode (keeping The Devil's Hands Are Idle Playthings 2nd last), but changing the episodes slightly, but they did a good enough job with such poor support from FOX.

I have to have hope that they will eventually just say "stuff the movies, make more episodes" and negotiate for them to be shown on cartoon network (where it gets very good ratings AFAIK).

Comment

Futurama straight to DVD movie length episodes have just been confirmed by Billy West, Fry and Zoidberg's voice actors.

And also by Bender's voice actor. Well, a guy i'n known for a long time on another forum I go to said that, but I belive him, works in Video Game Production (artist I think), I have no reason to say he's lying, make of that what you will.

------------------------------------------
                        July 15, 2005 - In the first of IGN's exclusive Video Blogs direct from San Diego's Comic-Con International, voice actor Billy West (Fry, Zoidberg, the Professor, and many more voices for many more shows) revealed to us that a brand-new direct-to-video Futurama movie has been greenlit. Not only that, but there is also an option for a second movie as well.

With the model established by Family Guy's return – where a direct-to-video movie eventually spawned the show's return to Fox primetime as well – could the much-missed Futurama also be on the way back to a set near you?

http://dvd.ign.com/articles/634/634262p1.html

Comment

Here´s hoping that the series will be picked up again if the dvd´s sell well. Futurama was and is the funniest show ever made! I must have watched every episode a dozen times by now.

But even if it doesn´t get more seasons then at least we will hopefully get many movie length episodes on dvd´s, hopefully all made without having to please censors

Comment

This is great news. Hopefully if the dvd's are received well they might get the hint and return Futurama to tv....well a girl can dream.

Comment

I heard that the rumors of a Futurama made for DVD movie were a bit premature...I think they quoted David X Cohen as saying it might happen, but it wasn't as definite as Billy West said.

Still, I hope they do a movie lenght Futurama...I'd be first in line to buy it!

Comment

Working...
                              X