This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charmed 7x22 Season Finale (Spoilers)

Here we go again... "All Hell Breaks Loose" minus Prue...

Pros:
    None

Cons:
    Everyone in this show has very slow reactions.
    Police threatening to pull out a gun because a person doesn't have an ID???
    Snapping to change out/in of glamouring is just the stupidest thing.

(Every season, the door of their house closes)
    This season finale, it closes by itself, after the sisters and leo (glamoured in ugly ass people) leave and seen by Daryl, who gives a laugh knowing they are alive.

I think the whole 'closing of the door' at the end of each season is now stupid, since the first few seasons, Prue had her powers to close the door, and since i totally forgot how the other seasons the door closed, i think the whole thing is stupid... I have no idea why i am even talking about this little stupid tidbit about the show.

Demons-Charmed Ones Powers;
    How stupid and slow are the people of this show?! When you go against a badass demon who you know you cannot kill after you try, you 'shimmer' or somekind of transportation out as quick as possible! When you find out it is a trap, you 'ORB'. But no... They have to wait and get hit, powers stolen, die, etc. I just found that really annoying...

Also... Theres a vampire queen that the Charmed Ones try to help them, but since Zankou took Pheobe's powers (which i haven't seen in the longest time, well maybe because i have skipped a few episodes this season) he got to the vampire queen first and betrayed the Charmed Ones. The thing that annoyed me the most is the stupidity of the vampire queen! The Charmed Ones busted in her lair killing all her children (or family) and if she didn't want them to be killed (which alot of them did) couldn't she have moved them away? Especially since she knew the Charmedones would be comming to ask help from her, gah, i wont go on, because demons on this show are just purely stupid...

I can go on, but thats my review, although its a bit one-sided, because yes, i purely dislike this show, but i watch it anyway in hope that it'll get better...
    Last edited by Elwe Singollo; 22 May 2005, 09:50 AM.
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

What was this epsiode about?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

You're right they are really slow. If I had the power to orb, I wouldn't be hanging around for conversation knowing that a demon has every intention of throwing something hot and fiery my way. I'd be prepared to fire the moment I orbed in, especially in a last ditch effort situation.
      It's not just this episode, it's every episode.

I'll still keep watching Charmed as long as it's on, but it has jumped the shark... can't decide if it was the mermaid episode, the Lady Godiva episode or the eight-armed goddes one... so many to choose from... geez, I have absolutely no taste.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
        What was this epsiode about?
        With the Book of Shadows finally in his possession, Zankou (guest star Oded Fehr) plans to open the Spiritual Nexus and take in the power of the Shadow. To divert Zankou's attention away from the Nexus, Piper (Holly Marie Combs), Phoebe (Alyssa Milano) and Paige (Rose McGowan) successfully goad him into coming after them instead. Using a spell from the Book of Shadows, Zankou steals Phoebe's premonition power, which enables him to anticipate and thwart their attacks. The sisters come to the realization that the only way to stop Zankou may be to sacrifice themselves. Meanwhile, Agent Keyes (guest star Glenn Morshower) from Homeland Security reveals to Inspector Sheridan (guest star Jenya Lano) his suspicions about the The Charmed Ones involvement with the supernatural. Sheridan volunteers to go into the Halliwell manor with a micro-video recorder and ends up blowing the sisters' secret wide open.
        I would also liked to point out that they whited out Prues/Shannon D's face: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4.../WhiteOut1.jpg. I thought it was just halrious, at least their 'photoshop' or whatever they used skills are not as bad as the scene where Zankou is turned into a badly made cgi animal which i couldn't make out...

Gosh, also, what the heck?! Prue taught Leo haw to Astral Project?! Ok, i knew that one person at magic school learned how to do it, but i'm so confused on what person has a 'specific' power to themselves or whatever. Also, why didn't the Charmed Ones learn this then, it seemed to be very useful in many of the stupid situations that they went through.

Continuity of Charmed has been lost... FOREVER!

Back to the 'slow reaction time' to each character of this badly written show... Zankou just waited for them to recite their spell near the end of the episode? Heh, did he forget that he had Piper's powers?! He could have frozen them or even hell, blew them away! So dissapointing...

Also back to that Vampire Queen, who i was very confused about. Back in S4, didn't they clearly say their powers don't affect Vampires?? Can someone help me out on that one?

Comment

I think the last closing of the door with the sisters masking their identities should have been a series finale. It would save many of the show's fans from the "cheese" to come in the future. Maybe it was supposed to be the finale...until the show was recently picked up again for another year; or was it 2 years? IMHO, the show should be over. If they want to spin things off, do it with Piper's sons and set events into the future...or one aspect of it. I might even watch an episode or 2....maybe.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

^^ agree!

I also was disappointed that Older Wyatt and Chris were supposed to be on it (unless I missed it somehow) It did seem more like the end of the series then the season. I mean, what will they come up with next?
            Citizen of Braneville

Comment

I thought it *was* the series finale. I agree with what's been said. Slower *than usual* reaction times. And since when can you *learn* astral projection? I thought it was one of Prue's expanded powers, just like Piper's ability to blow things up in addition to freezing them. With those lame glamors & reference to the next generation, I think they were setting us up for a series finale. And yes, once they starting doing Mermaids & lady Godiva etc, I pretty much gave up on the show. It was never what I'd call high quality, but it was fun. The stories just got more & more gimmicky, so haven't been watching regularly. In the beginning I liked how they were getting used to having powers, etc. After a while I think it just became old hat to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                Maybe it was supposed to be the finale...until the show was recently picked up again for another year; or was it 2 years? IMHO, the show should be over.
                At the upfronts they said, "picked up for a full 22 episode season." so... maybe that means picked up for one season, i dont know, all i'm thinking right now is that theWB is giving this show too much time to get its ratings back, which its obviously not working...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  In the beginning I liked how they were getting used to having powers, etc. After a while I think it just became old hat to them.
                  I know what you mean, after like giving Piper her super-power (blowing things up), and took Pheobe's away, and giving back like 'one' which she hardly used anyway, all they did was 'advance' their current powers, in which didn't do much of anything really.

This whole season, Pheobe and Paige were useless without Piper, which i just had to yell at the tv everytime Pheobe and Paige went out by themselves to do something. Goodness gracious...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                    I thought it *was* the series finale. I agree with what's been said. Slower *than usual* reaction times. And since when can you *learn* astral projection? I thought it was one of Prue's expanded powers, just like Piper's ability to blow things up in addition to freezing them. With those lame glamors & reference to the next generation, I think they were setting us up for a series finale. And yes, once they starting doing Mermaids & lady Godiva etc, I pretty much gave up on the show. It was never what I'd call high quality, but it was fun. The stories just got more & more gimmicky, so haven't been watching regularly. In the beginning I liked how they were getting used to having powers, etc. After a while I think it just became old hat to them.
                    It was supposed to be the series finale, then the show got picked up for another season.
                    How they are gonna restart it I don't know, but it could be good.
                    Might give them a chance to re-invent it, like Stargate is with SG-1.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
                      It was supposed to be the series finale, then the show got picked up for another season.
                      Maybe they'll just move out of San Francisco and change their last names--sort of like witness protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Lightsabre
                        Imo, the only season that SG1 had really big problems was S7, and that wasn't as bad compared to Charmed for the past 3-4 seasons, which the worst S7 episode may seem like the best episode ever compared to the best episode of either of the seasons of Charmed recently. I doubt after year after year of bad episodes and seasons i think Charmed can 're-invent' themselves, but then again, well nvm, no 'then again' for me tonight.

Comment

I'm nowhere near as critical as all of you seem to be. Maybe I just don't care enough. I can see some of your points, but... I don't care. LOL I watch the show, not because I expect it to be intelligent or snappy, but because it is better than some other things that I could be watching. In my opinion obviously. I watched the finale, and must admit I'll be interested in how they can keep the show going with the sister's identities gone, and effectively their house gone too. I mean Phoebe was something of a minor celebrity, Piper was the owner of a popular club, and Paige would obviously find it easier to pick up because she didn't have anything major going on in terms of public life.

It would have been a fair-to-middle'n series finale, because it allowed the sisters to survive, and sort of ride off into the sun. Seeing as it wasn't, it will be an interesting twist to see how they reverse it... or do they? Maybe they'll work from behind the scenes? That could be an odd twist... they move to magic school and just orb where they're needed? or something... Or maybe those 'cleaner' guys clean up the mess, and they just go back to their lives. Who knows... I don't care exactly how, but I'll likely watch it because it is mildly entertaining, and that is better than being annoyed. (reality TV shows, game shows, soap operas, etc. )
                          The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                          Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                          My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                          Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
                            Or maybe those 'cleaner' guys clean up the mess, and they just go back to their lives. Who knows... I don't care exactly how, but I'll likely watch it because it is mildly entertaining, and that is better than being annoyed. (reality TV shows, game shows, soap operas, etc. )
                            Thats reminds me! Since magic was revealed, this is the second (or maybe more times) time that the Cleaners have been absent from their job! (Poor stupid Sheridan) The Homeland Security saw it and most likely recorded it! Thats another thing that annoyed me... I doubt the writers can make Leo say a dumb-ass excuse for that mess up.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                              Thats reminds me! Since magic was revealed, this is the second (or maybe more times) time that the Cleaners have been absent from their job! (Poor stupid Sheridan) The Homeland Security saw it and most likely recorded it! Thats another thing that annoyed me... I doubt the writers can make Leo say a dumb-ass excuse for that mess up.
                              That was the other dumbassness about this season.
                              1)they took away leo's powers.
                              2)Now, they have NO whitelighter at all??
                              please, How is leo supposed to survive in the magical world, with magical sons, when he has none??
                              Give him back his powers or give them a new whitelighter damn it.
                              And since when does orbing allow you to shapeshift/glamour??
                              (90% of these complaints may not be related to the season finale.)

Comment

Working...
                              X