This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You Can't dial out if you don't know where you are Spoiler:SG-1 - SOLITUDES

In SOLITUDES they tried to dial earth but they couldn't because they where on earth but they didn't know that, they didn't even know where they where. Therefore they couldn't even try to dial out

They had their PoO, but iirc there can't be two gates active on the same planet at the same time thus dialing earth couldn't be done.
    Signed,

Gregorius
    Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
    Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

but if they had the PoO then they would have know that they where on earth

Comment

No iirc every gate has a different PoO (or is supposed to have). The Antartic gate had O and the current gate has that A thingy. So they couldn't have known they were on Earth.
        Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

o, ok that makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorius
            No iirc every gate has a different PoO (or is supposed to have).
            Which makes me wonder how they managed to gate out of Hadante....
            Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
            "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
            One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
            resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
            confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
            A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
            The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

No iirc every gate has a different PoO (or is supposed to have). The Antartic gate had O and the current gate has that A thingy. So they couldn't have known they were on Earth.
              The Antartic gate's PoO is a hexagon with a line under it. That gate is actually the one at the SGC, for the Egyptian gate was on Thor's ship when it went down, and was then recovered by the Russians.

^^thats actually the question to the Misc tech questions thread. SG-1 couldn't dial to earth because all of the superconducting parts that make up the dialing system were replaced and debugged. And the iris is too close for the kawoosh to form. I'll go post that.
              JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
              VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
              MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
              LANDRY
              : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
              Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
              Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
              Mmm... Green...

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                The Ancients helped them You know they have a weak for SG-1 (Or at least Oma has one for Daniel )

Originally posted by 6thMonolith
                The Antartic gate's PoO is a hexagon with a line under it. That gate is actually the one at the SGC, for the Egyptian gate was on Thor's ship when it went down, and was then recovered by the Russians.
                Season 6 spoiler, don't know if it's obligated
                Spoiler:
                No it isn't. Anubis, the big bad guy he is, destroyed it in the first two eps of season 6. Then US Government rented the Egyptian gate from the Russians for lots of cash and a SG team
                Signed,

Gregorius

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                  One would assume that its always in between the same two symbols on the inner dial.
                  sigpic

Comment

This isn't a big deal as Jack and Sam were trying to dial out using a DHD. On a DHD, the red button in the middle serves as the seventh symbol. The only reason they needed to find the seventh symbol in the movie was because the Abydonians didn't find their DHD for a while post-movie!
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Season 6 spoiler, don't know if it's obligated
                      Spoiler:
                      No it isn't. Anubis, the big bad guy he is, destroyed it in the first two eps of season 6. Then US Government rented the Egyptian gate from the Russians for lots of cash and a SG team
                      Hey, I lost track. They did use the Antartic Gate for awhile, though!
                      JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                      LANDRY
                      Mmm... Green...

Comment

The sad thing is, if they had just tried dialling another planet other than Earth, they would have been able to leave.
                        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Yeah i thought that was really stupid too, if i was in the situation i would try dialing more that one address, but then they wouldn't have realized that earth had to gates

Comment

Or at least the Alpha site.
                            LANDRY
                            Mmm... Green...

Comment

Originally posted by 6thMonolith
                              Or at least the Alpha site.
                              well i don't think they had the Alpha site at that time

Comment

Working...
                              X