X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charmed...Renewed?!

NO!!!

I know its not good to bash or anything, but i'll try my best not to. According to scifiwire...
    Charmed Will Charm Again

The WB announced that it has renewed its witch series Charmed for an eighth season, with Alyssa Milano, Holly Marie Combs and Rose McGowan returning as the bewitching Halliwell sisters and Mark McGrath joining the cast for a large part of the season. The WB made the announcement as part of its upfront presentation to advertisers in New York City on May 17. The announcement caps weeks of uncertainty about whether the long-running series would come back.

"The decision to renew Charmed in many ways was a no-brainer, because we looked at its performance this season, and it has held its own incredibly against strict competition, especially with Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," WB Entertainment president David Janollari told SCI FI Wire during a press conference following the announcement. "The performance is terrific, and we said, 'Why try to launch something new there when we know we're getting the numbers and our core audience in that time period?'"

McGrath, Janollari added, will be "a regular for at least most of the season, and we'll see how that goes." It's unclear what role will be played by McGrath, lead singer for the rock group Sugar Ray and current co-host of the entertainment news program Extra. "That [role] is being created right now," Janollari said. "But I am guessing it will be a romantic interest." The WB added that Charmed will retain its current timeslot, Sundays at 8 p.m. ET/PT.
    I have a big question... If renewing the show was a 'no-brainer' why didnt they get an early renewel? And even whats more stupid, they say why would they want to try something new in the timeslot if its doing good, how will they know if something else will do good if they dont even try it out?! Yes, i know they put another show in its place, but that doesn't count since it was another lousy attempt for theWB to find a hit reality show, which failed miserably. Gosh, i'm like 98 percent finished with theWB... (i still watch Gilmore Girls everynow and then).
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

I find the show entertaining on a no thinking required level, which by the time sunday night rolls around is all I'm ready for. Fridays have me all worked up and sci-fi friday SG-1 SG-A and BSG are just what the doc ordered. I don't want to be excited on sunday night, but I still like my fantasy.

LEE IS NOT A CYLON

Comment

I can't believe the show got renewed again...it's not even a decent show, the last time I heard they were ripping off HP and POTC..... *shakes head* geez, more crap on TV, not that I watch the show, I watched it as a loyal fan for two years (seaons 4 and 5) and then gave up on it ever becoming decent...and why aren't I surprised to read that there will another love interest.... sex really does sell, well it does on Charmed....

Mandeep

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

Gosh, stupid WB hypocrites, they cancelled Angel last year because of... "its an aging show", "its an expensive show", etc. Well Charmed is both of that times 2! but is even in worse condition compared to Angel when it went off the air.

Comment

Thats amazing; renewed and it has been on eight years.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
            Thats amazing; renewed and it has been on eight years.
            Well imo, if anyone says thats a reason for a show being better than other shows (because of the length of time its been on), i would disagree completely, and yah, me being very emotional would go on about how its writing is just bad, and that Andromeda is better (well i'm not sure just yet about that one...), and on and on, haha...

Comment

It still chaps my hide that they would keep this and 7th Heaven on the air and cancel Angel. I guess half dressed young girls wins out over creative storytelling anyday.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                It still chaps my hide that they would keep this and 7th Heaven on the air and cancel Angel. I guess half dressed young girls wins out over creative storytelling anyday.
                You took the words right out've my mouth.
                If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor
                  You took the words right out've my mouth.
                  Ditto, ditto, ditto.

I'm not going into my usual rant, re: the cancelling of great shows like Farscape, Dead Like Me, etc., while the, I'll call them medicocre shows, get renewed. :-(

OK, finished on that topic.
                  On fighting:
                  Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                  Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Oh gosh, Dead Like Me, wahh , this is one of my worsts years ever... I would have taken a 12 episode season of DLM over a 22 episode season of Charmed anyday...

Comment

I stopped watching it 2 years ago because it got too cheesy and Alyssa Milano took a bigger role, she was alowed to act like a 'tard more. I don't like her for some reason.
                      I like Rose McGowan, wait, I really like her.
                      I miss Shannon Doherty though.

I watch the show,(briefly), just for eye candy occasionaly.
                      Daniel: You..stupid son of a *****
                      Jack: Hey, you're welcome...

Comment

I stopped watching 'regularly' after mid-season of season 4, where i lost interest when it was totally about 'i want a normal life', 'I Love Pheobe!', 'Cole dead... oh wait no hes not', etc...

I do follow the ratings though... because i'm a weird person...

Comment

And you're surprised by this why?

Comment

Ah, you see that's the only reason IMO that the only way to gain ratings for a dying show. Get Milano and Rose to dress in next to nothing.... and encourage little girls....children does copy what they see....

When the ad's for season 6 used air on Living TV *shakes head* it did make me cringe and yes, if I had to be honest it digusted me, as childen do watch the show....

There was an ad, for the one episode where there were these blonde witches.....who became the charmed ones

Anyhow, it does show "Phoebe" going under the table to...*laughs* do the maths....

*girl looks at mother after watching a scene in Charmed*
                            Mommy, why did the lady go under the table?

How on earth is a parent suppose to explain this to a child?

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                            I stopped watching 'regularly' after mid-season of season 4, where i lost interest when it was totally about 'i want a normal life', 'I Love Pheobe!', 'Cole dead... oh wait no hes not', etc...

I do follow the ratings though... because i'm a weird person...

That's why I stopped watching. My God and what the hell is it with bringing the dead from the dead? How many times did they kill Cole? Only for him to appear in the...*ponders* big/special marked episode.

Phoebe and Cole killed the show, as did Milano constant hogging of the camera, add to Piper's whining about wanting a normal life.

Funny huh? How Alyssa and others *coughs* *bloody producers/writers*said that Shannen hogged the camera and didn't like the way the show envoled around Phoebe....and yet since the third season all episodes/plots envoled around Phoebe....and what's this? Alyssa (and Rose since the fifth season) hogging the lime light *gasp*.

Yes, Shannen did say that she didn't like the way the show envoled around Phoebe, as she wanted the show to focus around the sisters and not just Phoebe/Cole....and Shannen wanted the show to expand, she wanted to explore the unexplored....and how does she get repaid? Milano back stabbing her and getting Spelling to fire her over the phine....

*Take a long and deep breath*

Although I disagree with the way they fired Shannen, I will that it is a blessing, she's better off without the show. So it's renewed for another year *yawn* I wouldn't be surprised if it get cancelled half way through season eight.....

It isn't amazing that the show got renewed it's stupidity at its finest.

Mandeep

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

There was this article (sorry i dont know where it is, but i read it somewhere on thecharmedones.com) about how Charmed is better than Buffy, and one of the reasons was because on Charmed, "...death is real." I could easily have told the person that he was wrong, hello, they have constantly died, and its so not real. Also, their attempt to keep 'death real' with saying how much they miss Prue every other few episodes is not keeing it real, its just retarded. If they want to know how 'death is real', maybe the dude should have watched "The Body" and "Forever" in S5, that was more emotion than Charmed can have in its whole series run!

Here's the article http://www.xtreme-gaming.com/theotherside/tenways.html, gosh thise dude is just a person who likes 2d shows where 'Good always wins', sorry coloumnist person, but i rather see an evil person who doesn't kill his own minions on purpose just because they failed you (which Charmed does quite a lot). I would go on, but you can read it, and yah... make your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                              X