This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapons for the 303's and Daedulus

I have what I think is a great idea for a weapon on the 303. a rail gun not a small point defense gun like the ones defending Atlantis but an artillery rail gun (like the ones there working on for the us navy), the shells would be Naqauda or Naqaudria enhanced nuclear warheads. Rail gun artillery would be almost impossible to intercept because it is so fast.

Even better why not get some plasma weapons from the asgard they would be much more effective against the wraith.
    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

But wouldn't a nuke cause more damage. I mean one hit and a unshielded ship would be just a memory

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Newman
        But wouldn't a nuke cause more damage. I mean one hit and a unshielded ship would be just a memory
        but then youd need the ship to be unshielded and thatd need some cool energy weapons!
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

It is a good idea. To bypass the shield problem you could have phase shifting technology on the warheads. Fire a warhead, phase it out, it would go strait through the shields, then you could phase it back in either inside the shields before it hit the ship or inside the ship, this could all be automated.

Owen Macri

Comment

hey Elite Anubis Guard ur sig pic is making me dizzy

Comment

Me too, it just keeps going and going, and it is moving fast.

Owen Macri

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                It is a good idea. To bypass the shield problem you could have phase shifting technology on the warheads. Fire a warhead, phase it out, it would go strait through the shields, then you could phase it back in either inside the shields before it hit the ship or inside the ship, this could all be automated.
                You r really smart and i thought i was smart

Comment

Oh, thank you very much, I don't think I am that smart, there are probably people smarter than me. You seem smart as well, it was your idea for the naquadah or naquadria enhanced warheads being fired out of railguns. On this subject I think naquadria would be a better choice seeing as it is a far more unstable element.

Owen Macri

Comment

But Naquadria's expensive... Why not just use Anti-matter?...
                    JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                    VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                    MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                    LANDRY
                    : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                    Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                    Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                    Mmm... Green...

Comment

It is true, Antimatter would provide a much larger explosion, just one kilogram of matter and one kilogram of antimatter would equal roughly 5000 times that of the hiroshima bomb. However with antimattter you would contantly need a forcefield around it when it is on your ship, because if it was just lying on the ground it would anhilate the matter, and the matter would anhilate it and bang! It would be easier to use naquadria, however antimatter would be much more deadly.

Owen Macri

Comment

Well, the small machine guns that are on the 302's now are pretty cool. I'm happy with them, but rail guns would be neat. Anti-matter would just flame the arguement in the other thread.
                        JACKSON: ...I mean isn't that why we're doing this, all of this? The Stargate program, the budget? Isn't it so we can go and meet new races, gather advanced technology and possibly learn about ourselves in the process?
                        VALA: Oh, come on! you do it to meet women.
                        MITCHELL: She has a point, sir.
                        LANDRY
                        : I've been thinking I need to get out on an offworld mission or two.
                        Get FireFox! Browse with Tabs!
                        Stargate Omega, Now a vBulletin!
                        Mmm... Green...

Comment

Good point, well originaly the Atlantis rail guns were slated for the prometheus. Good point, I don't want to carry that discussion into this thread.

Owen Macri

Comment

Well it depends if it is a Naqaudria enhanced Hydrogen bomb and depending on how big the warhead itself is. But i think i remember in some episode that when apothis attacks earth that they lunched a couple of ISBMs that were enhanced with Naqauda or Naqaudria at the ships and they said that they were like 1000 megaton warheads and thats big. but they were ISBMs of coarse and a artillery shell even if it was a big own its very small in comparison but it still would do ALOT of damage most likely leaving nothing left.

Comment

You are right, both would be effective.

Owen Macri

Comment

Working...
                              X