This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Loopy Daniel Episode?

These are all the eps where Dr Jackson's lights are on but the chap at home isn't Daniel, where Daniel is Daniel but isn't quite himself, or where he's sloshed, weird, or a bit, um, mental.

Vote for your favourite. The winner(s) will join Reckoning pt II, The First Ones, Torment of Tantalus and Meridian, along with the winners of the polls yet to come, in a grand finale.

I can fix polls, by the way. Used tenners in a brown paper bag please
    One False Step
    1.02%
    Absolute Power
    21.43%
    Need
    6.12%
    The Light
    5.10%
    Lost City pt I
    3.06%
    Urgo
    0.00%
    Upgrades
    1.02%
    Beneath the Surface
    0.00%
    Holiday
    5.10%
    Lifeboat
    20.41%
    Lockdown
    0.00%
    Brocca Divide
    1.02%
    Legacy
    30.61%
    Moebius pt I
    5.10%

Madeleine

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
    These are all the eps where Dr Jackson's lights are on but the chap at home isn't Daniel, where Daniel is Daniel but isn't quite himself, or where he's sloshed, weird, or a bit, um, mental.

Vote for your favourite. The winner(s) will join Reckoning pt II, The First Ones, Torment of Tantalus and Meridian, along with the winners of the polls yet to come, in a grand finale.

Great idea for a poll! Thanx!
    On fighting:
    Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
    Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

It's got to be Legacy for me. I loved seing Daniel get locked up in a nut-house. In a good way, of course.

Comment

My vote for Legacy too, there's just something about loony Daniel in this...
        Cute When Insane

Poor boy does go off the deep end with astonishing regularity, doesn't he?
        sigpic

Comment

Absolute Power. It's one of the best episodes ever.

Comment

Boy this is a tough one..... I've at least narrowed it down to 4 for me: Absolute Power, Need, Legacy, and Lifeboat. I have to admit Lifeboat is one of the four only because Michael won a Saturn (is that the correct award?) for his performance. I'll be back to tell you what I end up deciding on.....
            No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DJFavorite
              Boy this is a tough one..... I've at least narrowed it down to 4 for me: Absolute Power, Need, Legacy, and Lifeboat. I have to admit Lifeboat is one of the four only because Michael won a Saturn (is that the correct award?) for his performance. I'll be back to tell you what I end up deciding on.....

Those were the ones on my short list and it was a real toss of the coin between Legacy and Lifeboat, MS was astonishingly good in both.
              One thing I've always noticed, right from Need, and I know I've mentioned it before but I think it bears repeating, is how willing MS is to look ugly. Considering how pretty he is, and I'm sure he knows how attractive he is, he is still willing to look hot and sweaty and unattractive if the script calls for it.

Hard to believe it's the same chap.

sigpic

Comment

evil daniel in AP is good as well... but damn so many good eppys where he's not quite himself
                sigpic

Comment

It's sooooo difficult to not vote for Insane-with-Power-Evil-Daniel, I mean, he's so EVIL, isn't he? What's not to like?

But I voted for Legacy because mental is as mental does and actually being admitted to a mental ward counts for double in my book. Especially when all of your friends are so easily convinced you're bonkers just because you've started hearing voices and seeing things that aren't visible to ordinary folks...now who hasn't been there?

BTW, I have a couple of extra "Get Out of Death Free Cards" if bribery is still on the table.

Last edited by Seshat; 17 May 2005, 11:56 AM. Reason: Forgot to add poll-swaying piccie as proof.

Comment

Lifeboat! This one I didn't even have to think about! It's one of my all time fave episodes. Michael does such an amazing job in it. A prefect example of what an fantastic actor he is! I'm just amazed every time I see it. Althou Legacy is a definite 2'd. Michael is such a great actor *dreamy sigh*

Cookies!

Comment

I had to go with Absolute Power. Like Ses says, how can ya not like evil Daniel? I think it was possibly not as powerful an acting performance as Legacy or Lifeboat, but as far as messing with Daniel's mind as a way to further the story, it's the best. How better to show that the Goa'uld influence is so evil it would corrupt one of, arguably, the most ethical people around?

Cold-hearted Evil might not be the acting stretch that Gibbering Schitzophrenia is, but it was still a fine performance in every respect.

Comment

I had to go with Legacy, based on my own criteria. It was the only one where I could really say Daniel went loopy. Body switching and hosting bodies (Lifeboat) while good don't count for me. Being evil, either, especially since it was all a dream/vision. Daniel didn't go totally nutso in Need until the end. Wild eyed and uncaring, but not nutso. But, Legacy, Daniel was totally loopy.

Plus, he cried, and that's always a plus
                        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

ABSOLUTE POWER, absolutely !!

It's what Daniel concience really is (the evil part) which supressed by his goodness/forgiveness most of the time, but really, howmany times Jack shut him up with 'Daniel !!' or Sam put her technobabble importance above his moral issue or Teal'c 'look down' at him with his brow (and force in LEgacy).
                          This is where he has the blast of revenge and he does it with STYLE to each of them where it hurts the most. And MS did it convincingly.
                          sigpic
                          sig.by : lilferret

Comment

Pounds or dollars? I know chocolate is out; is there anything else that can be used for bri....uh persuasion?
                            sigpic

Comment

ok, I finally made my decision. I went with Legacy. I remember the first time I saw the episode, I really felt for Daniel. I didn't have that feeling with Need or Absolute Power. And because in Lifeboat, it wasn't really Daniel, just his body with someone else in it (like in Holiday), I couldn't really say that it was Daniel that was loopy.
                              No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X