PDA

View Full Version : Red Dwarf Movie

GuyFromOH
June 7th, 2004, 05:02 AM
The Red Dwarf Movie.
Those of you who know what Red Dwarf is, what do you think?
When is it coming out?

omnian
June 7th, 2004, 05:15 AM
I want to know that too cos its been said that there's gonna be a movie for ages now and yet there hasn't been anything produced! What is going on?!

Manic
June 8th, 2004, 12:12 AM
According to Yahoo! Movies, filming for this movie was supposed to start last month. I have no idea if it has, though. Depending on when filming wraps up, it might be released in 2005.

GuyFromOH
June 8th, 2004, 04:54 AM
According to Yahoo! Movies, filming for this movie was supposed to start last month. I have no idea if it has, though. Depending on when filming wraps up, it might be released in 2005.
I've been looking all over for the latest news, every otherwise reliable site, even imdb.com, seems to be way out of date. the reddwarf.co.uk site is sadly out of date. I don't think filming has started yet.

Iskandra
June 8th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Are we talking about that American version that was being planned a few years ago???? (With a female Cat and such...brrr....)

Whitster
June 8th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Wasn't the americanised version gonna be the film originally but then got canned due to fan dissapointment.

Brianamarie
June 8th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Nah, this is the Brit version, with the original cast. I can't remember if I've heard anything about them starting, since the process has been going extremely slowly. I know I haven't gotten a newsletter from them (I signed up on their site), but that doesn't mean much!

Tanith
June 8th, 2004, 06:43 PM
I think i remember one of the cast mentioning the film during one of the DVD commentaries. I THINK they said it was going to be filmed soon.

Bogopimp
June 9th, 2004, 03:20 PM
last i read, they had just decided to shoot in an australien studio, but i reckon they weregonna start shooting last month, but if that had happened there would likely be some news!

farcue
March 10th, 2008, 02:54 AM
Norman lovett (holly) stated that its INCREDIBLY unlikely that there will be a move. Theyve been talking about it for ages and have yet to pull their fingers out.

That said Rob Grant and Doug Naylor, after an eternity of not talking both put footage together for the latest dwarf DVD release. Dunno if its very significant but considering there was NO word from grant at all on the DVD's this might be a step forward. Fingers crossed!

The_Carpenter
March 10th, 2008, 07:01 AM
Norman lovett (holly) stated that its INCREDIBLY unlikely that there will be a move. Theyve been talking about it for ages and have yet to pull their fingers out.

That said Rob Grant and Doug Naylor, after an eternity of not talking both put footage together for the latest dwarf DVD release. Dunno if its very significant but considering there was NO word from grant at all on the DVD's this might be a step forward. Fingers crossed!
Dude this was last post in this thread is from 2004!

Its best not to resurrect old threads... especially when theres already a thread on this subject on the front page ;)

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=7702&page=12