This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Halo crossover thread

Well, I'm in the middle of finals week here, and to humor myself when I need a brief distraction, I've been coming up with some crossovers involving charactors from Halo/Halo 2 (yes I'm a Halo nut ) and various scifi/scifi-ish shows...my favs are;

Halo/SGA; Unleash the Master Chief and Arbiter (w/ energy sword) on the poor Wraith, and kick back and enjoy the mayhem .

Halo/BSG; The MC would reduce entire Centurion armies to scrap metal, and can you even imagine what Cortana could do to the toaster ovens...err..Cylons if she can hijack Covenant/Forerunner stuff ??

Halo/Lost; Have the "Others" come down to the beach for a party, and suddenly have the MC drop by in one of those drop pods with a rocket launcher...'nuff said

Any other ideas for combos out there?? They don't need to be restricted to scifi shows/movies
    Last edited by alaskannut; 12 May 2005, 06:24 AM.
    sigpic
    Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
    "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Halo and the Whedonverse. Have Master Chief and Drusilla enter a never-ending cage match while drinking beer and consuming assorted moviegoers' favorites. Promises good, clean fun for the whole family.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Have you read the Halo books? I'm about a third of the way through the first one and surprisingly it's pretty good. If you're a nut, you should definately read it.
      I live my life one Friday night at a time!

Comment

I actually started reading "Fall of Reach" yesterday...finally found a store in town that sells them ...liking it so far....kinda freaky that an itty-bitty Covenant ship survived a nuclear missile ...gives you an appreciation for just how outmatched humanity is in the story. That said, considering how well the MAC gun performed in that little engagement, I say they need to have a little crossover and install some on the Prometheus and Daedalus ...and not just the little AA railguns either.
        sigpic
        Eagles may soar free and proud, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.
        "We're not going to Guam are we?"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor
          Halo and the Whedonverse. Have Master Chief and Drusilla enter a never-ending cage match while drinking beer and consuming assorted moviegoers' favorites. Promises good, clean fun for the whole family.
          ha!
          Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Halo can't have a crossover with Halo because on one atlantis episode John or Mckay mentioned halo as a game, also on halo 2 when the soilders are being sent down on them parrashooting metal things, they would have been beamed down.

Comment

I've read all the books up through Onyx and am looking forward to the next one in October I think it is. Crossovers would be interesting though. I can probably come up with a lengthy little crossover what if given the time.

Comment

Halo and BSG would make the most sense as the UNSC seems to have similar tech to that of the Colonials and would make sense to me if they did come back and MC was there
                Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                A Face you Can Trust
                sigpic
                So whats the worst that could happen?
                Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                  Halo and BSG would make the most sense as the UNSC seems to have similar tech to that of the Colonials and would make sense to me if they did come back and MC was there
                  I always had a similar picture as well:

Galactica jumps with the fleet into Earth orbit at the same time as the ending scene from Halo 2. Lord Hood sees the ship on radar and says: "it isn't one of ours, take it out"
                  sigpic

Comment

I think Halo tech is more advanced if only for the fact in BSG they took a deliberate nose dive against advancing their technology in the same direction.

Comment

But really I think BSG and Halo are very similar proalby the most similar that I can see from two different sci fi things that would make perfect sense to link up
                      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                      A Face you Can Trust
                      sigpic
                      So whats the worst that could happen?
                      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

The HALO books are my absolute favorites. I never read books more than once, but a recent run with boring books has me considering starting the series over again. So if I never read books more than once, and I'm considering reading these a second time, you know they are good!

I've never read anything else from Eric Nylund, but his work in the HALO universe is amazing. I'm a William Dietz fan, and his book "The Flood" is better than anything else of his that I've read. I actually refuse to play the games now because their storylines don't connect 100% to those set forth in the books.

Onyx takes the story in another direction, but is still an extraordinarily enjoyable read.

As for a cross-over, well, I'll take Gears Of War: as it turns out the Locust are a lost band of genetically altered Forerunners. They have been lost for thousands of years and trapped under the surface while their ruling caste, the creators of the Flood try to free them. These Forerunners/Locust have been altered through the Flood virus to become the ultimate in mindless warriors. Meanwhile, a fleet of humans, tired of the UN government, use an experimental drive system that flings them farther from Earth than anyone has ever went. After decades of creating their dystopia the Locust/Forerunners, finally discover how to break through to the surface.

After the long drawn out war, humanity looks to be helpless. Then, UNSC ships jump into orbit. They have followed the coordinates stolen from a Covenant Battle Cruiser hoping to steal technology. As they reacquaint themselves with their long lost brothers, and help to turn the tide against the Locust, the Covenant jump into orbit- still fighting their civil war.

Faced with these new and unbeatable odds, the Locust ruling caste decide to unleash their ultimate weapon: Flood spores. Now, the humans and their tenuous Covenant allies must fight the remaining loyal Covenant, while simultaneously eliminating the Locust Horde and avoiding the masses of newly infected Flood.

Comment

I think Halo crosses over rather well with Stargate. I've actually written an entire story around it.
                          The Forerunners are a group of Ancients that left the rest during the journey to the Pegasus Galaxy and went to the Andromeda Galaxy instead. There they encountered the Flood, fought and ultimately lost, but not before building the Halo rings-- distributing them throughout Pegasus, Andromeda, and the Milky Way-- and the Ark, somewhere between all three. When they were fired, most of the Milky Way was wiped out (whatever was left after the plague that drove out the Ancients), but Atlantis, and the Wraith were able to protect themselves. So now, in the middle of the UNSC's (which was formed upon the declassification of the Stargate Program) war with the Covenant (whose ships are even more powerful than the Ori's) one of the Halos is discovered by the Pillar of Autumn, fleeing from Reach with SG-1 and Sheppard's team on board.
                          There are six MJOLNIR suits in my version-- given to John, Rodney, Ronon, Teyla, Sam, and Cameron. There's no Master Chief or Spartans, but Cortana's in it. It is surprisingly fun to write the Rodney-Cortana arguments.
                          Weir is in it, and gets a rather unpleasant run in Part II when she's infected by the Flood, but of course, Carson and her nanites save her.
                          It crosses over so perfectly that with each new Atlantis episode I find more things to incorporate and more "oh, that's perfect!" moments.

PS: Of course, the story is rated NC-17 for the McShep and Evelenka scenes, so you won't find it on Gateworld.
                          sigpic

Comment

I've read "Fall of Reach" (1), "Ghosts of Onyx" (4), "Contact Harvest" (5), and I'm currently reading "The Flood" (2). I plan on reading "First Strike" (3) before "The Cole Protocol" (6) comes out later this year. Halo rocks!
                            Steve, Bob and Todd. What chummy guys!

Comment

You know I liked The Flood, and Deitz is great but it was kind of hard getting used to his style after Nylund's. I was glad he wrote First Strike (my fav so far) and Onyx which I'm presentlly reading. Makes me want to find more of his books.
                              Jack likes being invisible.

(in shower) Sir, are you in here?

(invisible) Nope.

Comment

Working...
                              X