Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
    FP, yay! another Snape fan.......I like the way Alan Rickman plays Snape...no other person could do it better.

As for HP ships, Hywel, I kinda sorta just follow the whole Ron/Hermione thing...which I live...I am not to keen on Draco/Pansy or Harry/Luna or Harry/Ginny yet...but maybe someday I will get there...
    Alot of people say liking Snape must be because Alan Rickman playing him makes him seem cooler and sexy (the voice?) but I actually thought Snape in the books was crueler yet cooler...

As for shipping. I never really went for Ron/Hermione, only a few fanfics sold me on that, same for Harry/Ginny. I really liked Harry/Hermione but also Draco/Ginny and Draco/Hermione. Ron/Luna had it's appeal but then I'm always someone who seems to have lots of variety in ships and not really stick to just one... Neville/Ginny piqued my interest too.

And kirmit - there's a trailer!? I really haven't been paying enough attention, so glad you mentioned it. Off to find it.

Hywel - I'd say I like the UK adult better, and I get the sinking feeling that wasn't the one I ordered, oh dear (off to change my order because the adult one is so much nicer )

Comment

Purpleyin- go to apple.com and then to trailers they have on there but i warn u it is only a teaser trailer.

The UK kids cover is the best one.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
        Purpleyin- go to apple.com and then to trailers they have on there but i warn u it is only a teaser trailer.

The UK kids cover is the best one.
        Yes, watched it last night. Obviously wanted to see more but was quite pleased with what there was of the action sequences. Only thing that bugged me was Ron's new hair...

Comment

well i can say this... i really dont ship at all for HP (what im not that obsessed yet)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CKO
            well i can say this... i really dont ship at all for HP (what im not that obsessed yet)
            i dont ship either, HP just isnt the type of show that i can ship over. Possibly because those guys are just kids and it feels weird to me

sigpic
            Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
            Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

I'm a Harry Potter fan as well! I'm happy that so many Slytherins are here, because I'm a fan of the past and present Slytherins as well (and a Slytherin in real life as well ). Apart from them, I like Hermione, Ginny and Harry.

Another question for you all:

If you could play any position the quidditch team, what would it be? I would most definately want to be a chaser because I am quick and I can be sure to score goals fast, and avoid the other teams players with fast reflexes.
              I would like to be a beater. Seeker or keeper would be too much pressure for my liking because they're all on their own, but beater is a position I would like to play.
              O'Neill: You did it, Sam. You won.
              Carter: Wasn't me.
              O'Neill: Oh yes it was. You hung in there, you beat it.
              Carter: The Goa'uld gave its life for me. It saved me.
              Sharush: Selmak is a wonderful Tok'ra. She is selfless and caring, she is good company, she has a wonderful sense of humor.
              Carter: Well, that's good, Dad. You can sit around for hours cracking yourself up.

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
                Me neither, and as for the adult characters too...I think they picked good ones to play them....but I have to agree I pictured someone else to be playing the part of Rita Skeeter.

Another question for you all:

If you could play any position the quidditch team, what would it be? I would most definately want to be a chaser because I am quick and I can be sure to score goals fast, and avoid the other teams players with fast reflexes.
                Beater for me.
                A) Because you get to carry a big club.
                B) You might get the chance to (ahem) accidentally beat the lving daylights out of the likes of Malfoy.

Going back to my earlier post - I always pictured Richard E. Grant as Voldemort.
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

How are you getting your copies of HBP?

I really don't want to pre-order it online, because there's the distinct possibility that it might not arrive on the Saturday it's released, and that would mean it arriving on Monday at the earliest. I don't want to repeat my OotP fiasco, which resulted in me skiving off school on the Monday to read it before anyone could spoil it for me .

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                    Alot of people say liking Snape must be because Alan Rickman playing him makes him seem cooler and sexy (the voice?) but I actually thought Snape in the books was crueler yet cooler...
                    Snape has much more to do in the books and seems to get shafted in the movies, unfortunately.

Rowling pretty much made it clear on the Ron/Hermione ship and that is okay with me. Not sure about Harry though. He seemed to have a sort of connection to Luna at the end of OOTP but I don't know if JK will take it into outright ship. Luna is a bit odd, but Harry is a bit of an outsider too.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

i find that the books actually have the characters more, what's the word.....with it, you have cruel and evil snape in giving out homework and punishments, but he seems more like a pissed off cat, and you've just annoyed it!

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel

I really don't want to pre-order it online, because there's the distinct possibility that it might not arrive on the Saturday it's released, and that would mean it arriving on Monday at the earliest. I don't want to repeat my OotP fiasco, which resulted in me skiving off school on the Monday to read it before anyone could spoil it for me .
                        I've already pre-ordered my copy at my local bookshop so i'm safe, I'm gonna go in the day of release as early as i can get up and go collect my copy.

Comment

i'm gonna wait a year and pick it up cheap for a few bob!

Comment

Pre-ordered from my local WH Smiths.

Two copies - one for me, and one for my 11 year old niece as an early birthday present.
                            Aren't I a nice uncle?
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Pre-ordered on Amazon UK - might not get there on the day but then I'm happy to save a bit of money. Ordered it months ago as part of an order with free delivery and then because its so long they sent the rest of the order for free first and yet I still get free delivery! Yay. I'm pretty happy to wait a few extra days to save a bit of money, I usually never buy hardcover editions of books because of the cost but I make an exception for Harry Potter books.

Comment

I had gotten a coupon for an online bookstore, so I ordered it there a month or so ago.

But when I ordered something else from that particular bookstore, I learned that they're pretty unreliable, so I'm nervous if I'll get my book at all (I ended up receiving someone else's book with my shipping and they wouldn't have noticed it at all if I hadn't sent it back), let alone on Saturday.
                                O'Neill: You did it, Sam. You won.
                                Carter: Wasn't me.
                                O'Neill: Oh yes it was. You hung in there, you beat it.
                                Carter: The Goa'uld gave its life for me. It saved me.
                                Sharush: Selmak is a wonderful Tok'ra. She is selfless and caring, she is good company, she has a wonderful sense of humor.
                                Carter: Well, that's good, Dad. You can sit around for hours cracking yourself up.

Comment

Working...
                                X