No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you said "Dursley" isn't a character, i thought for a second it wasn't related to the book, haha, but when you went on about the family part, i understand now, haha... I'm not really interested in the whole 'Harry Potter' books, but i do show interest towards some of the characters.
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
      To me the Dursely's are a vital part of the books. Some may not agree but I think their parts are important. Besides there was an absolutely hilarious moment with the Harry, the Dursely's, and the Weasely's in the beginning of Goblet of Fire and it would be a crying shame to have it cut out IMO.
      I bet my friend will annoy me about how they shoudn't have cut them out i guess, haha... Cause my friend said they cut out like 5 chapters of Harry Potter 3, so i was like, wow, they like to cut... Snip.. Snip...
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

If anyone's interested in reading a good parody, Cleolinda's Harry Potter: POA in Fifteen Minutes is hysterical! Granted, it helps if you've read some of her other Fifteen Minute Movies (particularly Day After Tomorrow) but even if you haven't, it's a fun read.

She's supposed to be coming out with a book, eventually. I can't wait.

Comment

LOL

I am now a fan of Cleolinda.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            If anyone's interested in reading a good parody, Cleolinda's Harry Potter: POA in Fifteen Minutes is hysterical! Granted, it helps if you've read some of her other Fifteen Minute Movies (particularly Day After Tomorrow) but even if you haven't, it's a fun read.

She's supposed to be coming out with a book, eventually. I can't wait.
            Do I really have to be a member of Livejournal to read this or is the site only acting weirdly???

*Wanna have a laugh, too!*

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
            Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
            ~CELLO!~
            ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Sounds like she's having problems. Just checked the main site and found this:

Originally posted by cleolinda
              Due to a rash of plagiarism and general asshattery this week, I am locking the "Fifteen Minutes" entries so that only comm members can read them. Anyone can join the community, but I'm hoping that it will cut down on random passersby who have no problem jacking my stuff...
              That's too bad. I know she was having problems. Guess they've gotten worse. I may have to join the community, myself, just 'cause I love her stuff so much.

Edit: Hmm... looks like you have to set up an actual livejournal account in order to join any communities. That sucks. I just wanna read her stuff, I don't wanna have to do anything myself...
              Last edited by ShadowMaat; 03 July 2004, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Your links worked perfect, Shadow, though I have not checked back since this morning. She has a great comedy rythm, one that's not overdone but is very effective. Until you said something I didn't realize she was on the Forum! Woopay!

Comment

Er.... no, she isn't on the forum. Not that I'm aware of, anyway. I just got tricky with the quoting bit and snipped something from her livejournal.

Sounds like there's a specific person who has been stealing all her stuff and posting it as his own and then- to make matters even more insulting- he's been going in to edit the comments left and change all the complaints/flames into praise for himself. Why livejournal allows you to go in and change the content of user comments is beyond me. Deleting I could understand, but editing content?? That opens up a very nasty can of worms.

Anyway, I dunno if it was a temporary measure or not, but I signed up just to be on the safe side. My livejournal is going to look very pathetic, but there ya have it. *sigh* The things I'll do for a bit of good entertainment.

I just wish she had the first two HP movies done up somewhere. And LOTR. I think one of my fave bits is when the Dementor is hissing "Shiiire. Bagginnsss."

Hmmm... maybe I could ask her if she watches Stargate. Wonder if she'd be interested in "abridging" SG eps. Or at least the original movie...

Comment

Abridging SG episodes is not an easy job (unless you were particular in selecting shows). There's something similar over at Solutions. Cool graphic, but my interest ends there.

Someone's stealing her stuff? TOTALLY WRONG. That's the problem with modifying something someone else has already done. I can't tell you how many times folks have stolen images from my Omnipedia. I may have captured the shots, but the content of the shots is NOT my own. It stinks.

As for LiveJournal, I hope they fix those kinds of liberties in the next update. That's not fair.

And thanks for clearing up the fact that she's not on the forum - yet. We need to invite her! How fun.

Comment

I love Harry Potter, the books more than the movies. So, I'm starting a general HP thread. Wheeeeeeeee! First, Potter Puppet Pals. Anyone heard of it?
                      Next, Mugglenet, my favorite site ^.~
                      Last, the Half-Blood Prince. Anyone else excited?

My Own Little World

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
                      101 Ways to Annoy, Harass, Confuse or Generally Scare Lord Voldemort
                      "Be nice to nerds;
                      one day, you'll end up working for one."
                      -Evil Overlord Bill Gates
                      Ba'al: I'll never let go, Jack, I'll never let go!
                      Jack: *choke* That's my throat, Ba'al.....

Comment

YAY FOR POTTER PUPPET PALS!

I really like the movies (ESPECIALLY THE THIRD ONE) and I've never read the books. I have kind of made an oath that I'd be the only one in the world who has never read the books.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                        Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

*shurgs* To each his own, but it is in my opinon that you're missing out. Have fun, though. Who's your favorite character(s)?

My Own Little World

101 Ways to Annoy, Harass, Confuse or Generally Scare Lord Voldemort
                          "Be nice to nerds;
                          one day, you'll end up working for one."
                          -Evil Overlord Bill Gates
                          Ba'al: I'll never let go, Jack, I'll never let go!
                          Jack: *choke* That's my throat, Ba'al.....

Comment

Um... I dunno lol.

Harry was all angsty in the third movie. I dunno. I'm not really INTO it like LOTR or Stargate to really have a favorite character.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I got two friends (one of each sex) who's obsessed with the stuff, so I listen to alot of HP-babble sometimes.
                              I really like the movies, too, and I own the first four books, read about half of the first one.

My favorite character has to be Professor Severus Snape, he's pretty funky.

Comment

Not everyone has to a youngster to enjoy Harry Potter. I am 50+ and have watch all three movies and read all the books that are out. I enjoy the books more than I do the movies.

Comment

Working...
                                X