Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McKay's girl
    I consider Harry a pure blood too, but people like Voldermort are a little stricter on their rules.
    True, true.
    I suspect that's part of what makes Voldemort so evil, his whole "Pure-bloods only" club has echoes of the Nazi Eugenics programmes of WWII.
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
      True, true.
      I suspect that's part of what makes Voldemort so evil, his whole "Pure-bloods only" club has echoes of the Nazi Eugenics programmes of WWII.
      Thats how JK describes him.

BTW, what if the prince is a girl? I've read this theory in another forum, it does make sense as JK loves fooling us

sigpic
      Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
      Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

then it wuld be a princess not a prince

Comment

knowing JK it might not be, i doubt its a girl but lifes not always that simple

sigpic

Comment

Returning briefly to the subject of character names, specifically Prof. Trelawney.

There's an old mnemonic that goes "By the prefix Tre, Pol, Pen, ye shall know the Cornish-men". This would suggest that Prof. Trelawney's family originally came from Cornwall.
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak
              Returning briefly to the subject of character names, specifically Prof. Trelawney.

There's an old mnemonic that goes "By the prefix Tre, Pol, Pen, ye shall know the Cornish-men". This would suggest that Prof. Trelawney's family originally came from Cornwall.
              See here for their ancestry and crest.
              http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.f...mily-crest.htm

Also Longbottom
              http://www.houseofnames.com/xq/asp.f...mily-crest.htm

Comment

17 days, 5 hours, 7 minutes and 40 secends left till 6th book!!!

sigpic

Comment

Weeeeeeeeeeeee! and 16 days until new Stargate seasons...wow! that is gonna be a great weekend
                  sigpic

Comment

yes it will
                    sigpic

Comment

only 16 days ? sweeeeeeeet

i cant wait....

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
                        Weeeeeeeeeeeee! and 16 days until new Stargate seasons...wow! that is gonna be a great weekend
                        lucky you, we dont get it till october!

excuse while i go worship bittorrents
                        Last edited by iLemon; 29 June 2005, 05:24 AM. Reason: I was hungry

sigpic

Comment

tt, p2p forever

Comment

p2p's slow my computer down they eat away at my computers memory so i try not to use them as much as possible

sigpic

Comment

i think "winmx" doesnt eat memory so much...

Comment

Originally posted by McKay's girl
                                p2p's slow my computer down they eat away at my computers memory so i try not to use them as much as possible
                                The RAM or the cpu load? Because if it's CPU its hogging then you can in winxp set the program to be low priority for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X