No announcement yet.

Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait to see the movie. But, of course, the book will be way better. I learned a while ago to set the books and movies into seperate piles. You will enjoy the movie better. Instead picking out all of the stuff they cut out.

Comment

Can't wait either! What with that and the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe aswell going to be a fab Yuletide!

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
        What kind of wizarding job would you like to have and why?
        Experimenting with Magic! It sounds great!

sigpic
        Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
        Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Originally posted by BritAngie
          Can't wait either! What with that and the Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe aswell going to be a fab Yuletide!
          Chronicles of Narnia looks soooo cool!

I'm not sure if Dumbledore's gonna die in book six, though it does seem pretty probable. I believe this because Dumbledore is Rowling's theme tool. At the end of every single book, who is the one that presents the moral of the story? Dumbledore. Yes, Dumbledore is Harry's guide and has to die some time, but if he does, I think it's going to be at the end of Book 7.

I AM SUPREME COMMANDER THOR

Comment

The would be a cool job...kind of like a Magical scientist
            sigpic

Comment

I've decided to tempt fate and pre-order my copy from Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by Hywel
                I've decided to tempt fate and pre-order my copy from Amazon.
                I ordered mine months ago. Can't wait.
                gatehorse

lj here if you're interested.

Comment

I am just waiting until July for my copy...there is usually still a lot when it first comes out.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Potions_Mistress
                    I am just waiting until July for my copy...there is usually still a lot when it first comes out.
                    I don't know where you live, but in my area, bookstores ran out that first weekened the last one came out. Besides, it's just easier to order it and recieve it in the mail, because you don't have to go to the bookstore and fight the crowds while they do still have it.
                    gatehorse

Comment

I just usually wait a couple of days before I go to the store before I get mine.

Comment

Pre-ordered my copy... hoping to go get it at midnight (I've never done that before).. hehe.. I think it'll be fun..

Atlantis Base offers greetings from the Pegasus Galaxy
                        "Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, it turns out you are."

http://babyseals.care2.com/
                        www.stopthesealhunt.com

Comment

I know it's $18 if you preorder it...when you buy it in the store after it first comes out, do yu have to pay the retail price, or is it still on sale? Wouldn't matter for me, I'd still preorder, but I 'm just wondering.

I saw people asking last time a couple of days after it came out, and Borders was already out and wouldn't have any more till the next weekend. They went fast. But then again we have the crazy Eagles fans here...it probably rubs off on the HP fans.
                          gatehorse

Comment

I dunno how good the next movies going to be. Watson's looking very nice, but meh!

I just want the next book though, I'm sick of wondering whats going to happen. All I can say is Snape better not die. (Almost forgot how to spell die for a second there). Hmm!
                            Support SHEX, wear a shirt ... I did!

Comment

At Borders they're usually still on sale for a bit when the book's still new... hmm.. I would suggest calling and asking.. just depends how badly and how quickly u want the book i guess!
                              I'm reading OotP for the first time right now! Actually, I think that's where I'm headed.. into snuggly bed with my Harry Potter book...

I'm excited for the next movie! I can't wait! Even though I'm sure a bunch of stuff will be left out I still think the movie will just be awesome... I love the teaser trailer. anyhoo, I'm excited for the next book too... for now I'll go settle in with OotP..

Atlantis Base offers greetings from the Pegasus Galaxy
                              "Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, it turns out you are."

http://babyseals.care2.com/
                              www.stopthesealhunt.com

Comment

I can't wait for the movie either! My friends and I went to see the last one the day it opened, right after school. One person had gone to a particular theatre on opening day for the second movie, and was laughed at when she asked if tickets were sold out. (As in you must be joking, this theater is never full!) So we went there for the third movie and didn't have to buy advance tickets. It wasn't even that crowded.
                                gatehorse

Comment

Working...
                                X