Harry Potter Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McKay's girl
    Wow. . trailer looks great - especially the dragon!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I'm a bit dissapointed that mrs. Weasley wont be in this film, julie walters played her soo well. The have to use her in order of the pheonix tho she's a main character in that book.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
        I'm a bit dissapointed that mrs. Weasley wont be in this film, julie walters played her soo well. The have to use her in order of the pheonix tho she's a main character in that book.
        I love Mrs. Weasley. . and you are right. .she HAS to be in OoTP!

I hear the Dursley's are NOT in GoF either.

Comment

yer I heard that, but they also play a key role in Ootp so they also have to be in the movie.

Comment

Wait- what's with all these characters not being in the movie!!?? arrgh.. ok well as a filmmaker I understand, but its always disappointing when they're taken out completely! yea, well hopefully they should be in OotP

anyway, the trailer looks awesome and I know the movie is gonna kick so I'm still super excited

but yea, to share a sentiment, leaving out some of the stuff in PoA was frustrating, but acceptable... i suppose... It's still one of my fave movies ever... the only thing that really bothered me was that they didn't put much attention on the patronus/stag and who made the Mauraders Map and who they were and all that stuff... but yea, if they cut too much out for GoF it's gonna be kinda sad..

Atlantis Base offers greetings from the Pegasus Galaxy
            "Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, it turns out you are."

http://babyseals.care2.com/
            www.stopthesealhunt.com

Comment

Anybody know whether the Harry-Ron breakup will be included in GoF?

sigpic
              Gate City - My humorous Stargate site made when I was young, enjoy!
              Previously known as False hope who was previously known as McKay's girl

Comment

Anybody know whether the Harry-Ron breakup will be included in GoF?
                If it isn't then... it's an emotional part of the plot so would be weird to cut out, though since it went on for months it won't take up too much screentime, but they'd have to mention it at least wouldn't they?I can't remember how it related to the rest of the book exactly since I've not read that one recently.

Comment

Originally posted by StarDreamer
                  Wait- what's with all these characters not being in the movie!!??
                  The studio has already informed the director that the film can't be over 2 hrs. 30 min. . . .or was that 20 min.? I forgot. So before filming, he and the scriptwriter . . (and hopefully Ms. Rowling) sat down and figured out what to cut and what to film.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the director originally wanted to cut one of the three tasks but Rowling squelched that right off.

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                    If it isn't then... it's an emotional part of the plot so would be weird to cut out, though since it went on for months it won't take up too much screentime, but they'd have to mention it at least wouldn't they?I can't remember how it related to the rest of the book exactly since I've not read that one recently.
                    From what I can remember, Ron wouldnt talk to Harry because he was always getting all the attention. And he wore his invisibilty cloak to Hogsmeade to avoid Ron and everyone else, apart from that it didnt really contribute to the plot very much.
                    Thats why I'm worried, in the last movie they left out his break-up with Hermioni, so there's no reason why they wont do it again.

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                    The studio has already informed the director that the film can't be over 2 hrs. 30 min. . . .or was that 20 min.? I forgot. So before filming, he and the scriptwriter . . (and hopefully Ms. Rowling) sat down and figured out what to cut and what to film.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the director originally wanted to cut one of the three tasks but Rowling squelched that right off.
                    Cut one of the tasks?!!! What were they thinking?!!

sigpic

Comment

From what I can remember, Ron wouldnt talk to Harry because he was always getting all the attention. And he wore his invisibilty cloak to Hogsmeade to avoid Ron and everyone else, apart from that it didnt really contribute to the plot very much.
                      Thats why I'm worried, in the last movie they left out his break-up with Hermioni, so there's no reason why they wont do it again.
                      Ah... I remember it and the why but wasn't sure how much it contributed. Maybe it isn't plot so much but I hope they put someone it in or the stuff later won't have so much impact.

And I have to feel sheepish, PoA arguement with Hermione (not about divination was it, because I was anoyed they left the prediction out... her storming out made less sense)? I've forgotten that completely, didn't notice it missing from the film... must reread books before next film.

Comment

Whoa!! That trailer was SO cool....I can't wait until the movie now...of course I can't wait until book 6 either. Anyone know how much of a role the teachers will play in the movie...I hope the definately show Snape in a few scenes...
                        sigpic

Comment

just over a month til the new book now!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Purpleyin
                            And I have to feel sheepish, PoA arguement with Hermione (not about divination was it, because I was anoyed they left the prediction out... her storming out made less sense)? I've forgotten that completely, didn't notice it missing from the film... must reread books before next film.
                            The arguement was about Hermioni's cat eating scabber's. And then later on because Hermioni told McGonnagal about Harry's Firebolt. They argued quite a few times in that book.
                            I should really start reading something other than Harry Potter

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit
                              just over a month til the new book now!!!!!!!
                              Its coming out 2 days after my birthday!!! I cant wait!

sigpic

Comment

Going back to my "Magic Vs. Technology" idea, and given that Hogwarts is Unpolattable and so forth, does this also include satellites?
                                sigpic
                                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                                To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                                And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Working...
                                X