This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seven Days - gone but not forgotten

This thread is for discussion and talk about the show Seven Days.

If you don't know what it is then let me recap.

Little known American scifi show that ran for 3 seasons 1998-2001.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167720/

Starred Jonothan Lapaglia, Christina Vail, Don Franklin, Nick Searcy, Sam Whipple, Norman Lloyd & Alan Scarfe.

Basic plot was crashed spaceship from Roswell was found to be able to travel through time - of a period of up to seven days. Not the best scifi but i found it entertaining and it stills holds my interest years later, robably mainly becasue I never saw it all.

Though the show ran for three seasons I never sae more than half of season 1 since on UK terrestrial BBC2 only aired that much before cutting it without any explanation. The show ws never released on DVd or VHS but apparently still airs on I think Spike TV (is that Canada or the US?).

I got pretty into this before it got cut and I really did like the main cast. I've not seen most of them in anything else. Though Justina Vail had a short part n the film "Kiss the girls". You might recognise Alan Scarfe though, he recently appeared on SGA in episode 7 of season 1 as the Hoffan leader in "Poisoning the Well".

There have been quite a few guest appearances on Seven Days that have/are also on SGa or SG1. The ones I picked up on (by reading cast lists on IMDB) were; Garwin Sanford (Simon/Narim), Robert Picardo (SG1 Woolsey), Melia McClure (SGA Rising hologram/Melia in BIS) and Jewel Staite (appearing in S2 SGA episode soon). I didn't find any more but then I'm not too good on SG1 recurring characters actors.

There's some fanfiction out there but not heard of any virtual seasons, might have missed them though. No plans I've heard of for DVD release (oh how I wish there was) despite fan appeals a few years ago (maybe its time for another appeal now that DVD has taken off?). There are still a few websites out there dedicated to the show, sure I could dredge up some links if anyone wants anything specific.

Anyone else see the show?
    Any one see more than me and got an opinion they want to share? (please remember spoilers for episodes too please - statin which season and episode for those who may not have seen)
    Anyone not heard of but intrigued now?

Hi there. I watched this show too. It isn't the best sci fi show around (well, that would be Stargate of course!), but it was fun and entertaining. I managed to catch some later episodes on cable, but I'm not sure which channel it was on...maybe The Sci Fi channel, or Bravo. I wish the BBC would show the remainder of the episodes, as I would like to know how it ended.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
      Hi there. I watched this show too. It isn't the best sci fi show around (well, that would be Stargate of course!), but it was fun and entertaining. I managed to catch some later episodes on cable, but I'm not sure which channel it was on...maybe The Sci Fi channel, or Bravo. I wish the BBC would show the remainder of the episodes, as I would like to know how it ended.
      Yes, though it's odd to say remainder when BBC barely showed any... more like a sixth of what there was. Wonder if they still have the rights?
      I got quite made at that and wrote in to ask why, never got an answer though. They never explained it at all. Is a shame. I doubt they will since BBC2 isn't so much scifi as it used to be. I remember the time when they had most of the good scifi shows airing there (though they missed out on SG1) and constant Star Trek repeats - mixed in with old shows like Buck Rogers and Space 1999 . But that times long past, and is half the reason I don't watch tv much any more.

I keep wondering if it might get released on DVd but probably bad to hold out hope on that too. Yet the thing is I really want to see the rest of it and it's so weird its dissapeared into oblivion almost.

Comment

Perhaps if a lot of us ask the BBC for info, we may eventually get a reason for them not showing it anymore. I remember those days of BBC 2 showing all the sci fi shows, but there's very little on there now. If only I could remember what cable channel I saw the show on, I could e mail them and find out more. Hopefully someone here in GW will be able to help.
        sigpic

Comment

Well for anyone who wants to ask about why the BBC stopped showing it you can do so here. This is for comments and questions
          http://www.bbc.co.uk/info/contactus/form.shtml

If you wish to complain you can do so here.
          http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/compla...e_complaint.pl

And to complain using other methods details are here.
          http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

General contact details are here.
          http://www.bbc.co.uk/info/contactus/

Sadly I couldn't find an email for Paramount (who presumably own the rights to release DVD's). All I got was US address from this page.
          http://www.paramount.com/studio/contact.htm

We welcome your comments and feedback. Please write to us at:

Paramount Studios
          5555 Melrose Avenue
          Hollywood, CA 90038

I may infact write to them after my exams, because maybe a well composed letter from someone in the UK might hvae somewhat of an impact in the fact I could be bothered to put effort and money into writing to them. You'd think with them releasing DVD's left right and centre that maybe it might be a candidate for a release but... It's always possible they might reconsider if they got enough actual interest in form of polite and decent letters asking them to reconsider releasing it. I'd hope so.

That and interest in David Nykl etc ... SGA and SG1 are popular and there have been a fair few guest stars in both shows.

Comment

I loved that show...

*sigh*

I would SO buy it if it went out on DVD!

Same as The Invisible Man. I loved that show... Well, except how they ended it. I didn't really like that...

*sigh*

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
            Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I used to watch this show as well - I watched it when it first came on BBC then when its repeated on Bravo channel.

Frank Parker was a interesting funny character - don't why but reminds me of Ben Browder some times - could be the face yet they don't look that alike.

Interesting concept to go back seven days and change events - some interesting storylines were used and Frank and that other guys dislike relationship was funny some times.

Comment

For some reason I remember him filling his lungs with water so he could breathe under water or something like that

Comment

I loved Seven Days - such an awesome concept.

I have no idea what the BBC were playing at, but luckily I managed to see them all (minus one episode I keep managing to miss: "Olga's Vacation" or something along those names) on Bravo. Silly BBC

as for SG peeps: Paul McGillion was in the episode "Playmates and Presidents"
                  Ses
                  James Lafazanos - Good for a Laf

Comment

Originally posted by Ses
                    I loved Seven Days - such an awesome concept.

I have no idea what the BBC were playing at, but luckily I managed to see them all (minus one episode I keep managing to miss: "Olga's Vacation" or something along those names) on Bravo. Silly BBC

as for SG peeps: Paul McGillion was in the episode "Playmates and Presidents"
                    Ahah - I thought I'd missed someone from SGA out on the list of who'd been in it. Thanks for pointing that one out Ses

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                      For some reason I remember him filling his lungs with water so he could breathe under water or something like that
                      Yes, that was in I think the last episode I ever saw *sobs*
                      Last Breath - Episode 14 (or 13 is you count pilot as one)

for anyone interested here's the tv tome listings for it wth short synopsis for each episode.

http://www.tvtome.com/7Days/season1.html

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                        I loved that show...

*sigh*

I would SO buy it if it went out on DVD!

Same as The Invisible Man. I loved that show... Well, except how they ended it. I didn't really like that...

*sigh*
                        You could always write to Paramount and let them know.
                        I think if enough people did they might do so. so please everyone, write to paramount, contact the BBC if you're in the UK and maybe something might happen. Worth a try.

And I had a random idea when I was thinking about the DVD's - how about a music vid to Aqua "If I could turn back time". Bit cliche but could be really touching vid for Seven Days. I'd love to make it but unless I can get the episodes somehow then it won't get done.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
                          I used to watch this show as well - I watched it when it first came on BBC then when its repeated on Bravo channel.

Frank Parker was a interesting funny character - don't why but reminds me of Ben Browder some times - could be the face yet they don't look that alike.

Interesting concept to go back seven days and change events - some interesting storylines were used and Frank and that other guys dislike relationship was funny some times.
                          Yeah, I think I loved Frank the best. Doppelganger was such a good episode for him. I was also quite an Olga fan (you can just tell I shipped Frank/olga can't ya - I loved the bickering and sparks of their relationship and it never quite went anywhere). I read pretty much all the transcripts after BBC canceled it - forgotten most by now and just as well so I won't be spoiled if I get to see it but I do remember "There's Something About Olga" was an episode I wanted to see so bad and I actually still do.

But then I want to see them all. It frustrates me so badly that I can't see them and there's more. It's worse than a show no being made, to know it has been made but there's no way for you to see what did.

Comment

It was an O.K. concept that was stretched really thin by the end of three seasons. It is still aired on Spike in the U.S., but I can't speak to Canadian airings.

I don't know that the actor reminds me of Ben Browder, but the character certainly reminds me of John Crichton. Mr. Parker was of borderline sanity, just as John Crichton was not wholly sane after too many aliens poked around in his mind and/or brain. The show centered on Parker's somewhat histrionic emotional states and uber-cool lingo, just as Farscape centered on John Crichton, his emotional binges, and his "Crichtonisms".

I sincerely hope that Browder's addition to SG-1 doesn't end up with a similarly emotional character. I must admit, while I was fine with John for three seasons, I was tired of him by the end of four, just as I was tired of Mr. Parker by the end of three seasons.

Though I have to admit, I may be a bit colored in my judgment of John Crichton... the insistence of other 'scapers that John must not be critiqued lest one be flamed may have made me weary of the name more than the actor made me weary of the character. I've never seen a Farscape board that allows for "anti" threads the way this board does for Stargate leads, so there was no place to go for those who weren't agog over Ben Browder in leather pants or Claudia Black's figure.
                            Last edited by Darth Buddha; 07 May 2005, 09:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
                              It was an O.K. concept that was stretched really thin by the end of three seasons. It is still aired on Spike in the U.S., but I can't speak to Canadian airings.

I don't know that the actor reminds me of Ben Browder, but the character certainly reminds me of John Crichton. Mr. Parker was of borderline sanity, just as John Crichton was not wholly sane after too many aliens poked around in his mind and/or brain. The show centered on Parker's somewhat histrionic emotional states and uber-cool lingo, just as Farscape centered on John Crichton, his emotional binges, and his "Crichtonisms".

I sincerely hope that Browder's addition to SG-1 doesn't end up with a similarly emotional character. I must admit, while I was fine with John for three seasons, I was tired of him by the end of four, just as I was tired of Mr. Parker by the end of three seasons.

Though I have to admit, I may be a bit colored in my judgment of John Crichton... the insistence of other 'scapers that John must not be critiqued lest one be flamed may have made me weary of the name more than the actor made me weary of the character. I've never seen a Farscape board that allows for "anti" threads the way this board does for Stargate leads, so there was no place to go for those who weren't agog over Ben Browder in leather pants or Claudia Black's figure.
                              Aww, dont worry. Hopefully no one will flame you here for saying such things. I know I won't, I specifically didn't put appreciation in the title or first post of this thread because I was happy if there could be proper discussion about Seven Days.

A few Farscape thoughts: I can't say I got tired of Crichton at all, though sometimes Aeryn's emotional detachment bugged me - you'd think she'd made some progress in overcoming her training as a soldier who wasn't meant to feel but then something always seemed to come along and kick that off track. but anyway, this ain't the Farscape thread

I had heard that the third season wasn't very good for Seven Days but then I never thought Seven Days was mind blowing TV. I found the characters interesting, just as I liked the concept - I got pretty attached to them too which is probably what got me caught on liking the show quite a bit.

I'm pretty sure they couldn't keep it going on very long given the concept - they're only so much you can do with going back 7 days to save/change the world and unless they'd had the best writers imaginable then I guess plots would start to grate on viewers, as they may well have. I just can't tell because I never saw most of it but I know what I saw I liked and I'd atleast like to see all of the first 2 seasons + David Nykl's episode... and maybe a few more season 3 ones that had SG actors in. Infact if I could I'd probably just watch it all because unless its really bad I'd probably enjoy it enough to be pretty happy watching it and I hate to watch stuff out of order or incompletely too.

I remember the rumours around the third season were it all went to pot because there was trouble on set between a few people. Never knew who or aobut what or even if that was true though.

Comment

Working...
                              X