PDA

View Full Version : The Chronicles of Riddick

Supreme Commander Thor
May 17th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Been watching all the commercials for this one and it looks like it could be a good one. What is everyone's opinion?

Shipperahoy
May 17th, 2004, 09:53 PM
I've been watching the trailers online over and over again. I usually don't get all freaky over movies but this one can't come out soon enough for me. There are very few truly enjoyable sci-fi films lately and Pitch Black was one of them. I just hope it doesn't fall into the curse of the sequels and end up a Matrix-like disaster.

Champos
May 17th, 2004, 10:37 PM
Yes! Christ, if it does turn out like the second and third Matrix movies I'll be so dissappointed. I have to confess I'm a bit worried about what they'll do with Riddick's character. In Pitch Black his really questionable morals were great. I honestly had no idea what was going to happen and if he'd turn out good or bad or both. If they change his character too much for the new film and try to make him out to be a really nice, altruistic, misrepresented guy then it'll ruin the film in my opinion. If he has reformed slightly then I'll accept it because we saw some of that at the end of the last film, but he needs to keep the edginess of Pitch Black.

May 17th, 2004, 11:03 PM
I am so follwoing the making of this movie...and can't wait till it comes out...i wanna see it BAAAAAAADLY!!!!!!

Ann_Ominous
May 18th, 2004, 10:26 PM
I haven't seen any comercials, but I thought Riddick got eaten at the end of Pitch Black. Is this a prequel?

May 18th, 2004, 10:36 PM
he did not...he and that women and a girl escaped from the plante...this is a sequal....but there is a game...which i think is a prequal

Champos
May 18th, 2004, 11:29 PM
No, the woman never made it off the planet. Riddick... well, possibly killed her, possibly just let her be killed. I could never quite decide if he was stabbing her, or if it was one of the alien creature things. 'Cause if he was stabbing her then, why? There was some weird motivation going on there, although it did seem to act as a catharsis for his coming over to the light. As he was leaving he said that Riddick had died on the planet, suggesting that maybe the woman's death was like a sacrifice. Hmmm. For the record I think there were three survivors: Riddick, the girl who's in the new film, and the Immam guy. And who thought they were going to be the survivors, hmmm? I mean, I kind of knew the girl was going to make it - though I wasn't certain - and I didn't think the Muslim boys were going to because there'd been hardly any character development for them, but beyond that...!

Shipperahoy
May 19th, 2004, 12:05 AM
Riddick didn't stab the Fry. They clearly showed her impaled on the alien when it dragged her away from Riddick and then he dropped to the ground and said "Not for me". I always took that to mean that he didn't feel he deserved to have her die while saving him. And when he tells Jack to tell people that Riddick died on the planet I always took that to mean that a part of him died on the planet. Like the cold-blooded almost inhuman murderer part of him. But that's just my take on it. The movie was kind of ambiguous which I kind of like.

Supreme Commander Thor
May 19th, 2004, 12:36 AM
Riddick didn't stab the Fry. They clearly showed her impaled on the alien when it dragged her away from Riddick and then he dropped to the ground and said "Not for me". I always took that to mean that he didn't feel he deserved to have her die while saving him. And when he tells Jack to tell people that Riddick died on the planet I always took that to mean that a part of him died on the planet. Like the cold-blooded almost inhuman murderer part of him. But that's just my take on it. The movie was kind of ambiguous which I kind of like.
I like your interpretation of things. That is how I was thinking about the whole thing too.

Champos
May 19th, 2004, 12:45 AM
It didn't show him actually stabbing her, but - and I watched this bit several times to try to make sure - it does show his hand (holding the knife) behind her back whilst he's holding on to her, and then the hand plunges down and she shudders, presumably having just been stabbed. There's then a couple of seconds of her dying before the alien whisks her away - would the alien have waited before stealing it's prey? And the comment "Not for me" could just as easily be "Not for me?" i.e. harking back to her saying "I said I'd die for them, not for you Riddick" as it could do for "Not for me" i.e. your explanation. Both interpretations fit, except that the plunging movement of his arm was the factor which decided me.

Supreme Commander Thor
May 19th, 2004, 12:50 AM
except that the plunging movement of his arm was the factor which decided me.
I am gonna have to rent it now and watch for that! heheheh...

TechnoBoY
May 19th, 2004, 04:19 PM
Hm.. I always though the creature killed her! Hm..

I'll be watching Riddick though! Looks so cool!

Champos
May 19th, 2004, 10:03 PM
I am gonna have to rent it now and watch for that! heheheh...

My work here is done.

Xzyl
May 19th, 2004, 11:21 PM
It didn't show him actually stabbing her, but - and I watched this bit several times to try to make sure - it does show his hand (holding the knife) behind her back whilst he's holding on to her, and then the hand plunges down and she shudders, presumably having just been stabbed. There's then a couple of seconds of her dying before the alien whisks her away - would the alien have waited before stealing it's prey? And the comment "Not for me" could just as easily be "Not for me?" i.e. harking back to her saying "I said I'd die for them, not for you Riddick" as it could do for "Not for me" i.e. your explanation. Both interpretations fit, except that the plunging movement of his arm was the factor which decided me.

My thinking is that if Riddick was going to kill anybody in that movie it would been Johns, I think that the knife plunge was just a dramatic misdirection and that he only lowered it. She tells him "I said I'd die for them, not for you Riddick" yet she ends up doing just that, dying for him. If she had not gone back for him that creature that killed her would have gotten him instead.

She tells him with her words that he is not worth saving but tells him with her actions that he is worth saving. Seeing her get carried off further burned this into him. "For them, not for me, NOT FOR ME!" was the same as if he had said "Why did you die for me!". She had not only redeemed herself but him as well.

:p

Well thats just my crazy interpertation of it. Maybe one of these days I will buy the DVD abd see if there is a comentary that explains it.

Champos
May 20th, 2004, 12:52 AM
But killing her helped to purge away all his previous sins, and get him started for a new life as an innocent. He killed her, I tell you, he killed her! And it wasn't "Not for me!", it was "Not for me?"

Shipperahoy
May 20th, 2004, 08:21 AM
Well, I've watched my DVD backwards, forewards, and sideways about a billion times and listenend to the audio commentary with Vin Diesel and Cole Hauser and I'm telling you he didn't kill her. I will never believe that he did but I'm not going to tell people what to think. In my mind the alien killed her and by her coming back for him it showed him that humans are redeemable.

USS Thunderchild
May 20th, 2004, 08:05 PM
I'm really looking forward to this movie. Pitch Black was great, and it's the same director, and SFX group (I hope), and the trailers are great. I just hope people don't stray from the movie because they hate Diesel...from what I've read, the plot is full of a deep mythology, and could even become the next SW.

Phil

morjana
May 29th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Just saw this advertised on the SciFi Channel -- on Wednesday, June
2nd at 10:30pm, they have a 30 minute "Lowdown" special on the making
of "The Chronicles of Riddick."

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

May 29th, 2004, 09:19 PM
I know alrady, but tnx anyway...I AM SOOOOOOOOO GONNA WATCH THAT!!!

petzke_42
May 30th, 2004, 12:10 AM
Am I the only one NOT excited for this movie?? I never saw Pitch Black, and I don't really like Vin Deielsal....hence the lack of trying to spell his name right :D

Elwe Singollo
May 30th, 2004, 08:06 AM
The second movie seems better.

morjana
May 30th, 2004, 12:21 PM
I enjoyed "Pitch Black" very much.

Looking forward to seeing "Chronicles of Riddick."

Morjana

May 30th, 2004, 11:05 PM
Oh yeah Sci-Fi si gonna show Pitch Black...I know that for sure...what I don't know is if it's gonna be before or after the lowdown...and one more thing...they are gonna show a preiew...or something...during the new minisiries....5 mins to somthing...or something....

Slainte
May 31st, 2004, 04:06 PM
Oh yeah Sci-Fi si gonna show Pitch Black...I know that for sure...what I don't know is if it's gonna be before or after the lowdown...and one more thing...they are gonna show a preiew...or something...during the new minisiries....5 mins to somthing...or something....
Okay, I've got to ask this. Is Pitch Black really scary? I didn't watch it first time around 'cos I'm a wimp and don't like stuff that gives me nightmares. I like what I've seen thus far of Riddick and would like to see it, but I think I should watch Pitch Black first.

What do those of you that have seen PB think?

May 31st, 2004, 04:20 PM
It's scary in some places...but you watch it...it's good for ya..prepares for live!!!

Shipperahoy
May 31st, 2004, 04:22 PM
Okay, I've got to ask this. Is Pitch Black really scary? I didn't watch it first time around 'cos I'm a wimp and don't like stuff that gives me nightmares. I like what I've seen thus far of Riddick and would like to see it, but I think I should watch Pitch Black first.

I don't like scary movies but I LOVED Pitch Black. It's one of my all time favorite sci-fi movies. It's an edge of your seat type movie but not really gross or anything.

morjana
May 31st, 2004, 05:19 PM
If you've seen any of the "Alien" movies (and survived) you should be able to watch "Pitch Black."

It's an excellent flick -- the performances are first rate, the special effects top notch, and it's well written.

Morjana

shinyredpants
May 31st, 2004, 05:22 PM
I really dont like vin diesel...that's probably the only reason why i dont particularly look interested in the chronicles of riddick

Slainte
May 31st, 2004, 06:13 PM
If you've seen any of the "Alien" movies (and survived) you should be able to watch "Pitch Black."

It's an excellent flick -- the performances are first rate, the special effects top notch, and it's well written.

Morjana
Thanks! Just what I needed to know.

D.C.
June 5th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Anyone loooking forward to The Chronicles of Riddick? I saw Pitch Black recently and it was pretty good, and the trailer for Riddick looks different and awesome. Also they've released Pitch Black on DVD to co-incide with the release of Riddick and they've renamed it to The Chronicles of Riddick: Pitch Black. It's like Indiana Jones when they changed Raiders of the Lost Ark to Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark when the sequels were made.

Elwe Singollo
June 5th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Anyone loooking forward to The Chronicles of Riddick? I saw Pitch Black recently and it was pretty good, and the trailer for Riddick looks different and awesome. Also they've released Pitch Black on DVD to co-incide with the release of Riddick and they've renamed it to The Chronicles of Riddick: Pitch Black. It's like Indiana Jones when they changed Raiders of the Lost Ark to Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark when the sequels were made.I thought the preview of Chronicles of Riddick made Pitch Black look like a low budget movie. Did you see the massive background scenes of Chronicles? It was 'massive'. Although i'm not a 'Pitch Black' fan, i'm looking forward to its sequel.

D.C.
June 5th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Yeah, the trailer does make Pitch Black look pretty small scale. Not so much low budget. The Chronicles of Riddick looks like it has a huge budget. I think this is a sequel were you don't have to be a fan of the original. I think the character of Riddick is pretty much the only major character from the first movie. I think it's a prequel.

Elwe Singollo
June 5th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Yeah, the trailer does make Pitch Black look pretty small scale. Not so much low budget. The Chronicles of Riddick looks like it has a huge budget. I think this is a sequel were you don't have to be a fan of the original. I think the character of Riddick is pretty much the only major character from the first movie. I think it's a prequel.Somewhere i read that it was Riddick's adventure after the first movie, and Alexa Devalos plays a grown up character from the first movie, i think it was reading this at scifi wire, so it seems like its not a prequel.

D.C.
June 5th, 2004, 04:37 PM
That sounds familiar I think, but so does the prequel :)

Elwe Singollo
June 5th, 2004, 04:40 PM
Ahh yes :)

Anthro Girl
June 5th, 2004, 05:29 PM
I'm not holding my breath for the Chronicles of Riddick. Nothing against Vin Diesel and I'm a big fan of Dame Judi Dench and Colm Feore, but the one of the reasons I liked Pitch Black was its relative "low budget" look and character-driven story. The Chronicles of Riddick looks like a whole lot of CG flash, but I could be wrong...

Elwe Singollo
June 5th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Maybe it will, maybe...

Wrathox
June 5th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Chronicles of Riddick has nothing to do with Pitch Black and its not a prequel. The survivors from Pitch Black are in the movie and their older now, EX. Alex Davalos playing Jack from Pitch Black and now all grown up and now known as Kyra.

All this is from the Sci-Fi Lowdown. Any1 else watch it, it was pretty good.

SGSlugger
June 5th, 2004, 07:14 PM
OH so it's a sequel? Or is it a prequel? :p

The trailers looked good, and I had seen some of Pitch Black when it was on Sci-Fi awhile ago. I hadn't realized though that it was a sequel.

Wrathox
June 5th, 2004, 07:18 PM

Didn't really find it scary. Absolutly love the movie.
For those of you who don't like Vin D I'm with u, I can't stand him I hate him but surprisingly he does and awsome job of bring Riddick to life. I don't think any1 else could have done (can't believe I'm saying that cuz I can't stand the guy I hate all his other movies).

Shipperahoy
June 5th, 2004, 07:20 PM
It is set 5 years after the events of Pitch Black. Pitch Black is one of my favorite movies ever and I'm really looking forward to Chronicles of Riddick. There's always the chance that it will stink but if that's the case I will do the same thing with it that I did with the last 2 Matrix movies and pretend that it doesn't exist.

Elwe Singollo
June 5th, 2004, 07:26 PM
It is set 5 years after the events of Pitch Black. Pitch Black is one of my favorite movies ever and I'm really looking forward to Chronicles of Riddick. There's always the chance that it will stink but if that's the case I will do the same thing with it that I did with the last 2 Matrix movies and pretend that it doesn't exist.I wasn't too much of a fan of Pitch Black, but i hope it won't be a crappy movie, then maybe there're won't be any more sequels that may or may not suck:(... Haha...

Wrathox
June 5th, 2004, 07:30 PM
OH so it's a sequel? Or is it a prequel? :p

The trailers looked good, and I had seen some of Pitch Black when it was on Sci-Fi awhile ago. I hadn't realized though that it was a sequel.

I ment the Chronicles of Riddick was the sequel and PB is the prequel to COR

Elwe Singollo
June 5th, 2004, 07:31 PM
I ment the Chronicles of Riddick was the sequel and PB is the prequel to CORToo lazy to scroll, what is 'COR'?

Wrathox
June 5th, 2004, 07:33 PM
Too lazy to scroll, what is 'COR'?
Chronicles of Riddick

Wrathox
June 5th, 2004, 07:40 PM
Is there no subtitle for Chronicles of Riddick (I haven't noticed on). I know they recame out with the Pitch Black DVD and called it The Chronicles of Riddick: Pitch Black thats why I'm wonding if theres anything for the new movie.

Elwe Singollo
June 5th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Is there no subtitle for Chronicles of Riddick (I haven't noticed on). I know they recame out with the Pitch Black DVD and called it The Chronicles of Riddick: Pitch Black thats why I'm wonding if theres anything for the new movie.Oh thank you!

Anthro Girl
June 6th, 2004, 02:22 AM
They couldn't name it Pitch Black 2 because the entire reason for the original title had to do with the planet they were on. Instead, they added Chronicles of Riddick to the re-release of the DVD so at least there is some connection. Apparently, the producers didn't know for sure that Riddick/Diesel would be such a hit in the first movie, but they left his character alive just in case (according to IDMB).

D.C.
June 6th, 2004, 03:38 PM
It would have made sense changing Pitch Blacks name to The Chronicles of Riddick: Pitch Black if The Chronicles of Riddick was a prequel, and happened before Pitch Black, but now it just sounds sort of stupid. I just re-watched the trailer for this movie and it looks awesome. :)

D.C.
June 6th, 2004, 03:40 PM
He's got a good work ethic though. I read a review at filmforce.ign.com and he sounds pretty intelligent.

Talenhawk
June 7th, 2004, 12:54 PM
I am really looking forward to the CoR. I really like Pitch Black because they were different. Its not very often that you see the bad guy get away and the main good guy die. I just have to laugh at how lucky the makers of pitch black were. There is no way when they were casting that they could have know that the nobody they cast as Riddick would turn into the star that Vin Deasel has. If he hadn't done so well in F&F and XXX, I highly doubt a sequal would have ever got approved.

Shipperahoy
June 11th, 2004, 06:39 PM
So I went and saw this today and I it was good. But...

HUGE SPOILER FOR THE END DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW
I HATE that Jack/Kyra died at the end. I absolutely hated it. I've read that this would be a trilogy so I was expecting it to be open-ended, which I had braced myself for, but I really didn't expect her to die. But, you never know. Nobody's really dead in movie land. And I have no idea what they're going to do with the next movie what with Riddick in charge of the Necromongers now. It will be interesting to see.

omnian
November 5th, 2004, 02:33 PM
I can't wait to get the DVD of this. I had no idea there were so many actors from Stargate in it! I got all excited when I saw a really recognisable Stargate character in there :p Ooh, the fun I had spotting more....

Xenan
November 6th, 2004, 05:50 AM
That was a suprise for me as well, Shipperahoy, but they needed some drama in the end I guess

Shipperahoy
November 6th, 2004, 11:43 AM
Well, the movie tanked so bad at the box office that I don't know if they're going to make the whole trilogy now. I didn't think it was THAT bad, the ending aside.

Elwe Singollo
November 6th, 2004, 02:55 PM
According to the-numbers.com (http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2004/PITC2.php), the numbers were pretty bad for the production budget, ouch, it was bad :(

I was looking forward to seeing what happens next!!!

JediTrilobite
November 8th, 2004, 05:26 AM
Can't wait for the DVD, but did it really do horribly? They've made sequels for movies that have done worse...

Shipperahoy
November 20th, 2004, 04:49 PM
It sounds as though they're still going to procede with finishing the trilogy despite the critics bashing and the less than stellar numbers. I'm glad, because I want to see how it turns out and hopefully they'll get better. Although, I really didn't think this one was that bad. I did have fun looking for all of the Stargate actors. Hubby and I spent the whole movie going "Hey, it's Apophis! Hey it's Her'ur! Hey it's that Russian guy from the Tomb. Hey it's Daniel's friend from Beneath the Surface, the girl who wouldn't give Carter any bread. Hey it's Connor from the First Commandment. Hey it's that blond guy from Revelations who's on Atlantis now. What's his name? One of the Athosians, starts with an H." Tons of fun. :D

AGateFan
September 3rd, 2005, 04:48 PM
Did anyone besides me actually like this movie?
Its like one of my favorite sci-fi movies of last year, and not just because it had a ton of stargate people in it either, although that helps ;) .

Wereas Jack sees Burns as Goa'uld I see Lord Marshall as System Lord with some fancy phase shift device instead of a personal shield. His solders were like Jaffa. The one little guy (who played Batmans dad in Batman begins) was like one of his priest or a lotar or something.

Also, Chronicals or Riddick: Escape from Butchers Bay is one of the best action\stealth video games I ever played. (dont get it if you have kids though, as you can turn down the gore but not the bad language, and there is LOTs of bad language, both said and written on the walls.... its triple max prison, what do you expect?)

Tain
September 3rd, 2005, 07:12 PM
I was very fond of the movie actually. I really enjoyed the visual style and general badass aura of the Necromongers. Pretty much everything about them was cool.

captain keys
September 3rd, 2005, 07:33 PM
yeah the movie rocked

923flanigan
September 3rd, 2005, 09:01 PM
I saw part of it. Very cool.

Darkstar
September 4th, 2005, 06:04 AM
was an unexpected film considering the last film i i enjoyed it but it isnt part of my DVD collection though :)

Pranksta
December 4th, 2007, 03:55 PM
I loved this movie. I saw the necromungers like the ori. Evil people trying to convert or destroy the universe. Riddick was awesome I love Vin Diesel. What sg charcters did it have in it? And karl urban is awesome :D

Xicer
December 4th, 2007, 05:40 PM
It was one of the few Vin Diesel films I enjoyed, never seen Pitch Black though.

the fifth man
December 4th, 2007, 07:45 PM
It was one of the few Vin Diesel films I enjoyed, never seen Pitch Black though.

If I were you, I'd definitely check out Pitch Black. I thought it was a great film.

As for Chronicles of Riddick, I liked it. Would have been nice if there was a sequel though, to kind of tie up the loose ends.

SyFyFantasy
December 4th, 2007, 07:47 PM

My 2-cents:

Some say that Pitch Black, even though it was on a low budget, was the better of the two. I own both. I LOVE both. If I had to choose one over the other?

Pitch Black... I can't explain why without revealing an integral part of the film. But it was one of those rare gems of a movie. Low budget, tight schedule (6 weeks in the Australian outback), great cast & director, minimal special effects and a really GOOD story.

Go out and get the "Riddick Trilogy"(all on one disk)--"PB", "Chronicles of Riddick" and the animated feature which takes place between the two, "Dark Fury".

You won't be disappointed.

Oreo
December 5th, 2007, 10:21 AM
It was crazy and over the top. They tried to do too much in one movie and they failed badly.

And they might be making a sequel because so many people bought the DVDs for $10. :)

scholar
December 6th, 2007, 09:54 PM
This is a great movie. It's one of my favorites. I have watched it dozens of times on dvd. Was interesting to see the differences between the theatrical version (on cable) and the director's cut of the movie (on dvd). Pitch Black isn't bad. But, I like Chronicles better. Really hope they make another installment of the series someday.

MB.Eddie
December 6th, 2007, 10:11 PM
I wasn't all that impressed by it. Might watch it again some day though.

Pitch Black was a lot better :cool:

Admiral Mappalazarou
August 26th, 2008, 06:28 AM
http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2008/08/25/vin-diesel-promises-two-more-riddick-sequels/

“David Twowy right now is writing the scripts. The only question is whether we take a page from the ‘Lord of the Rings’ guys and try to shoot the two chapters at the same time. There are two more in mind,” he said of Riddick, the Furyan warrior first introduced in the 2000 film “Pitch Black.” “‘The Chronicles of Riddick’ was presented as a three part trilogy that would answer ‘Pitch Black’ in the same way that ‘Lord of the Rings’ answered ‘The Hobbit.’”

I quite enjoyed the first two, so I look forward to more development on this. :cameron:

“Sooner or later we all end up in the Underverse,” he said of where we can expect the next chapter to take place, adding in a Riddick-like voice, “Sooner or later.”

P-90_177
August 26th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Ah this is awesome news. :D I really want to find out what happens after the end of the last film.

Mousie
August 26th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Hmmm, interesting. I'll look forward to that.

August 26th, 2008, 07:25 AM
sounds cool. like riddick, i normally don't like vin diesil but riddick is a good character, and fits vin's acting well

Jumper_One
August 26th, 2008, 01:10 PM
I'll have to rewatch Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick but this sounds interesting

HD89
August 26th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Awesome news :cool:

Infinite-Possibilities
August 26th, 2008, 01:49 PM
Oh goodie! :) :cool::D

naamiaiset
August 26th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Ah this is awesome news. :D I really want to find out what happens after the end of the last film.
:indeed: :D

IcarusAbides
August 26th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Dream, cannot wait to have a riddickathon

the fifth man
August 26th, 2008, 08:13 PM
I'm shocked. But in a good way.:) I just didn't think we would be getting any more Riddick films. Wow!

Ice Wolf
August 26th, 2008, 08:26 PM
I'm shocked. But in a good way.:) I just didn't think we would be getting any more Riddick films. Wow!
Yeah, i thought Vin Diesel didn't "DO" sequels ;)

August 27th, 2008, 03:09 AM
Yeah, i thought Vin Diesel didn't "DO" sequels ;)

riddick was already a sequal to pitch black, has he ever actually said that

although i think halle berry once said she'd never do another superhero movie, literally months before signing up to do catwoman.

Ice Wolf
August 27th, 2008, 04:49 AM
riddick was already a sequal to pitch black, has he ever actually said that

although i think halle berry once said she'd never do another superhero movie, literally months before signing up to do catwoman.
I think he came up with some bull**** reason why Chronicles of Riddick wasn't a sequel. Although it could be argued it was a spin-off not an actual sequel even though it starred all the survivors.

Sp!der
August 27th, 2008, 05:35 AM
I never saw them.... are they any good? like vin disel though....

August 27th, 2008, 05:44 AM
they are vin's best movies imho

the fifth man
August 27th, 2008, 10:14 PM
they are vin's best movies imho

I would have to agree with that.:)

tombombadil
August 28th, 2008, 01:38 PM
this is riddickulous!!

can't wait:D i love the riddick stories.

Daedalus-304
August 28th, 2008, 01:50 PM
That's good news, I thought they weren't going to make more Riddick movies

Mcfergeson
August 28th, 2008, 02:35 PM
This is very good news. Pitch Black and The Chronicles of Riddick are two of my favorite SF films.

ManiacMike
August 28th, 2008, 07:31 PM
Anyone see the animated Riddick story? That was pretty good.

And whats this about Vin not doing sequals? Hes coming out with Fast and Furious part 3 or 4 or what ever...crap of a movie.

Although I'm looking forward to the Rockfish movie hes using his voice for. I loved the short when it was shown at Animation conventions and now its being made into a movie.

the fifth man
August 28th, 2008, 07:45 PM
It is just going to be nice to see the Riddick character again. See what trouble he can find this time.

Character
August 29th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Didnt know thi, loved ridick and pitchblack, this is great news indeed :)

shogun
August 29th, 2008, 03:54 PM
yahh he said a long time ago like fAST AND FURIOUS 1 TIME FRAME THAT HE DOESNT do sequals thats why he wasnt in xxx2 eather but the whole riddick thing that was his baby he was envolved in allmost every detail of pitch black and cronicles. i for one cant wait for the next one thats gonna be cool

the fifth man
August 30th, 2008, 08:44 PM
I really can't wait for more news on these two films. And hopefully we'll get a time-frame for when we may get to see them.